The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Bo Horvat Next Contract

Nessnuck27

On 2016-11-25 at 11:30 AM, LimitedEdition said:

Bo = Toews Lite

Give him $5 million x 8 years

You can 'give' him that but he won't take it. Would you say that in his prime, which will be about half of that contract, he is worth $1mil a year less than Erickson? To sign him for 8 years would be at least $7mil per.

21 hours ago, coastal1 said:

You can 'give' him that but he won't take it. Would you say that in his prime, which will be about half of that contract, he is worth $1mil a year less than Erickson? To sign him for 8 years would be at least $7mil per.

Eriksson is an established 30 goal scorer and was a UFA which drove his price up.  I don't think Bo would command $7 million for an 8 year contract, but I've been wrong before.

He is currently in 24th Place among centers in the NHL.  Henrik is 39th and Sutter is 49th.  so we have 3 centers in the top 50.  interesting IMHO.   

Bo has proven to be a slow starter so he may finish well above 24th.  by the end of the season he may be the number one center we want.  Sutter will be around for a bit.  

This is Bo's 4th year after being drafted and I think that he will have 55+ points this season.  Henrik in his 4th season after draft had 38 points.

We have a good looking young defence and strong goaltending with Markstrom and Demko .   

The team is shaping up nicely from Benning's plan.

I don't know what he is worth but we need wingers.  hopefully Boeser, Virtanen and Rodin can give them the wingers they need.

Archived