The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT Canucks @ Stars November 25th 5:30 pm PDT

MattJVD

6 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Chaput and Mag have looked very gud in their time with the big team. Lebate was noticeable in every preseason game he played in and now gets a shot. Grenier looks to be a bust, but is still a better call then bringing up Virt and messing with his ego even further. Our team is riddled with injuries up front and all the kids we call up have been doing the team justice so far. That's the definition of depth. 

Not to even touch on the killer defensive depth that JB has aquired. He transformed one of the worst back ends in the league with little to no promising prospects into a very good D core with an extremely promising future.

Or the fact that if one of our goalies went down we would still have a second starter to slip in and take his place without missing a beat. Calling up an AHL goalie for backup would not effect us either, since we have 2 very promising goalie prospects playing in both Utica and Alaska. 

It's ok to be frustrated, I am too. But JB is doing a bang up job with what he's be given. 

Exactly. Benning focused on goaltending and defense first. Now that that's in a pretty solid place with depth this offseason will be all about forwards and offense. He's been a great GM for us and I'm excited to see what shedding almost 20 million in cap does and who gets brought in.

3 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff  2h2 hours ago

#Canucks forwards tonight:

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Eriksson-Horvat-Burrows

Utica-Utica-Granlund

Utica-Gaunce-Utica

So all the whining was for nothing?   I'll have some cheese though:lol:

18 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Eriksson-Horvat-Burrows

Utica-Utica-Granlund

Utica-Gaunce-Utica

Both McIntyre and Tomlinson say it's Megna with Horvat-Burrows.  This might just be a joke tweet by Paterson.

Edit: he just tweeted "haven't seen line combos yet. Won't be surprised if Utica is plugged on LW with 53-14 and Utica plays with 60-21"

22 minutes ago, Mackcanuck said:

Sedin-Sedin-Sutter

Eriksson-Horvat-Burrows

Utica-Utica-Granlund

Utica-Gaunce-Utica

Thanks, I'll update the OP

Edit: Maybe not, still seems unclear. Is it Menga on Bo's line?

5 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Last meeting with the Stars is still fresh in my mind. Went to the game (my first ever live NHL game as well) and it was such a thrilling 3rd period and OT. I remember myself jumping up and down after Stecher's game tying goal with his first NHL goal and then what a snipe for Granlund to win it in OT. Anyways, hopefully the boys can pull of another win tonight and GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

I was there as well.. hell of a 3rd.

3 hours ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Granlund-Sutter-Rodin

Baertschi-Horvat-Eriksson

Burrows-Gaunce-Dorsett

Sonething like this is what I actually expect to see.

I don't think so.  Sutter has played his best hockey as a Canuck with the Twins, and looks like a potential 30 goal scorer on that line.  I think he stays.  Also, I don't see them shaking up the Killer B's, since right now it's our best line.  Maybe Granlund, Rodin/Hansen and Eriksson together, but Granny can't win faceoffs and looks better on the wing.  I think Gaunce sits or goes back to Utica in favor of Chaput.  There's not much to choose from between Gaunce and Chaput right now, except in face-offs.  Unless Gaunce can start lighting the lamp, Gaunce<Chaput.  Rodin will probably get a shot in the top 9 at some point, but if the team can continue to play as well as the did through two periods against Chicago and for the entire Phoenix game, I don't see many changes.

37 minutes ago, canuckleheads fan said:

I don't think so.  Sutter has played his best hockey as a Canuck with the Twins, and looks like a potential 30 goal scorer on that line.  I think he stays.  Also, I don't see them shaking up the Killer B's, since right now it's our best line.  Maybe Granlund, Rodin/Hansen and Eriksson together, but Granny can't win faceoffs and looks better on the wing.  I think Gaunce sits or goes back to Utica in favor of Chaput.  There's not much to choose from between Gaunce and Chaput right now, except in face-offs.  Unless Gaunce can start lighting the lamp, Gaunce<Chaput.  Rodin will probably get a shot in the top 9 at some point, but if the team can continue to play as well as the did through two periods against Chicago and for the entire Phoenix game, I don't see many changes.

Can't complain if Sutter keeps producing with the Sedins but we are down one reliable big centre!! Maybe shift Granlund to 3C and let Gaunce and Chaput battle out the 4C spot.

Archived