The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report]Mark Jankowski called up by CGY

Mackcanuck

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

I'm not sure why Canucks fans are pointing fingers. So far Jankowski is performing outstandingly in the AHL at nearly a point-per-game. He looks like a far superior prospect than Brendan Gaunce, who we selected only 5 spots later in the 2012 draft.

Whoa, I know he's had a decent first season point-wise, but Gaunce put up 38 in 46 games last year -- .92 vs .82 ppg -- and would likely be doing even better this year, matching or exceeding Jankowski's output.

Perhaps people don't understand why we mock this pick.  It has nothing to do with the player and everything to do with that cocky gm they had at the time.  Feaster came across as god's gift to hockey management when in fact that guy couldn't of made a bigger ass of himself.  When they tried to offer sheet O'Reilly and it almost backfired Pierre Macguire was on tsn1040 telling the afternoon show how Feaster and the rest of the Flames management always try to come across as these smug intelligent suits and he used their press releases as an example. 

2 hours ago, D-Money said:

I'm not sure why Canucks fans are pointing fingers. So far Jankowski is performing outstandingly in the AHL at nearly a point-per-game. He looks like a far superior prospect than Brendan Gaunce, who we selected only 5 spots later in the 2012 draft.

I know Feaster oversold him, and probably should have taken the higher 1st and tried snagging Jankowski in the 2nd round, but as of right now he's looking like a very good pick.

Oversold him in an understatement. 

In 10 years, Feaster predicted, "Jankowski will be viewed as the best player in the 2012 draft," adding "We felt we could take the gamble."

Flames were in position to pick up some really good players that are already good players in the NHL.  It's not that people think Jankowski is a complete bust it's more about how the flames completely missed the boat on that draft

47 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Oversold him in an understatement. 

In 10 years, Feaster predicted, "Jankowski will be viewed as the best player in the 2012 draft," adding "We felt we could take the gamble."

Flames were in position to pick up some really good players that are already good players in the NHL.  It's not that people think Jankowski is a complete bust it's more about how the flames completely missed the boat on that draft

Those questions are as yet unanswered

Enter the Man-Cow

55 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

People laughing at him...I don't see Vancouver having a 22 year old 6'4 200 PPG player in Utica right now?

Don't mind me. I just saw someone else liked your Fakebook message and thought I'd bring you down a notch. 

Had a downvote to use and well, yours was as good as any because you phrased your answer in the form of a question. 

Alex Trebek would very much disapprove seeing as no question was asked. 

56 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

People laughing at him...I don't see Vancouver having a 22 year old 6'4 200 PPG player in Utica right now?

Come on Rick, let us have some fun with the lames. Over on their forums they have 400 page threads trashing Vancouver and the hockey team.

Those fans are so smug yet here we are 1/4 through a season that has seen one of the worst canuck teams yet they are barely ahead in the standings, even after all those genius picks from the last 5 years. 

i hope jankowski turns out to be the next alek stoyanov!! 

Still a bad pick. He could turn out to be a great player, but picking him where he was picked is simply poor asset management. He could have been grabbed in the second round, and they could have gotten another very good player with the first they used on him. If you knew the next Wayne Gretzky would be in the 7th round, would you use your other early picks to stock up on more young talent, and then take the player you were eyeing, or just take him anyway and miss out on more potential talent.

Also they still deserve ridicule for the "best player in the draft" nonsense. And for being the Shames.

Archived