26 - Rodin (LW/RW)

24 - Baertschi (LW)

^24 - Chaput (C/LW)

23 - Granlund (C/RW)

23 - Lebate (C)

22 - Gaunce (C/LW)

21 - Horvat (C)

* trade by TDL no matter our seeding.

^ trade by TDL if out of playoff picture.

" trade if player wants to be traded.

*EDLER:

1st + prospect (Det, Ott, Ana, Edm)

Next year's replacment = Juolevi

*DORSETT: (5th)

Mid to late pick (Ana, Chi, Nyr, Wsh, Mtl)

Next year's replacment = Virtanen

^SKILLE: (6th)

Mid to late pick (Ana, Chi, Nyr, Wsh, Mtl)

Next year's replacment = Boeser

^MEGNA: (7th)

Late round pick (Whoever needs depth)

Next year's replacment = Young gun

^CHAPUT: (6th)

Mid to late pick (?)

"^BURROWS: (5th)

Mid to late pick (Mtl, Ana, Nyr)

2018 picks:

1st

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th

5th

6th

6th

7th

7th

13 picks with a possibility of 14 if we get the Blue Jackets' 2nd this year. With JB's drafting ability this could turn out to be a historic night for the Canucks at the draft table.

NEXT YEAR'S LINES:

SEDIN SEDIN ERIKSSON

BAERTSCHI SUTTER GRANLUND

VIRTANEN HORVAT BOESER

RODIN GAUNCE HANSEN

JUOLEVI TANEV

HUTTON GUDBRANSON

TRYAMKIN STECHER

SBISA LARSEN

COACH : TRAVIS GREEN

I like your optimism on getting anything for Skille, Megna or Chaput.

I'd love to see Burr get a shot at a ring.

Edler is probably the only player that can net us anything 2nd round or higher. But honestly I wouldn't expect it, and in fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if no deals were made, given the complications of the Vegas draft. Sbisa is probably Vegas bound as well. 

But your lines for next year are looking good to me, except I'd switch lines 2 and 3 around. 

Doubtful the Canucks will get anything for Dorsett, Megna, Chaput and Skille

I'm also hoping Horvat succeeds the Sedins on the top line. My preference:

Eriksson - Horvat - Sutter

Daniel - Henrik - Hansen

Baertschi - Granlund - Boeser

Zalewski - Chaput - Virtanen

Rodin

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Doubtful the Canucks will get anything for Dorsett, Megna, Chaput and Skille

I'm also hoping Horvat succeeds the Sedins on the top line. My preference:

Eriksson - Horvat - Sutter

Daniel - Henrik - Hansen

Baertschi - Granlund - Boeser

Zalewski - Chaput - Virtanen

Rodin

Baer is injured:(

40 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

not many teams could take on edler's cap hit for just a pick and prospect. for most teams it would have to be money for money. 

You can always add a cap dump into a trade. I am just laying out the basic of the deals obviously there will little tweaks here and there to complete the deals. Something like if they don't play X amount of games it becomes a 7th

Maybe some of them I overvalued but depth is a big thing come playoff time and you never know what the market will be come TDL. I'd even take a 6th or 7th if need be just to accumulate the extra picks for players almost 100% likely to not return next year unless it's just a depth role.

Benning could really work his magic with all those picks, and if we go in with a bunch of 6th and 7th rounders they will most likely be used to trade up for that 5th round gem he's had his eye on all year. May move up a few times and steal gems. Benning is very good at picking talent out of late rounds and if I was him I'd be shopping these players around to get some picks at the deadline.

36 minutes ago, Whale Tail said:

I just don't see Juolevi taking 1st line min in his first NHL season.  Would love for him to prove me wrong. 

I dunno... the way kids are being groomed now it seems possible to me maybe by the end of the year. He certainly has the poise. 

Your trades seem a bit optimistic for me. Edler in particular I don't think can get anything more than a 1st, straight up, never mind a prospect in addition. The rest of the players there won't likely garner anything more than a 7th. Burr might garner a 5th if a team is willing to overpay to make a push in the playoffs.

I also wouldn't count on Juolevi even making the team next year, never mind the 1st pairing. Will he be eligible for the AHL? If not (and based on his age, I'm thinking no), another year in junior will be best for him probably.

i see edler being here until juolevi is ready to take his spot. 

i see the sedins being re-signed for a couple more years at less money.  hopefully we've developed a new number one line by then and they can be #2 or 3 line. 

i see ericksson as a mentor for granlund and rodin. 

burrows and miller are done after this year.

hansen is important to this team and the level of play others have to emulate. 

i believe you only move out your core when they can be adequately replaced.

i know people say they can live with a complete rebuild but they have already proved that they won't

i realize that cdc would have us winning the cup next year but the truth is, it takes time. 

3 hours ago, smithers joe said:

i see edler being here until juolevi is ready to take his spot. 

i see the sedins being re-signed for a couple more years at less money.  hopefully we've developed a new number one line by then and they can be #2 or 3 line. 

i see ericksson as a mentor for granlund and rodin. 

burrows and miller are done after this year.

hansen is important to this team and the level of play others have to emulate. 

i believe you only move out your core when they can be adequately replaced.

i know people say they can live with a complete rebuild but they have already proved that they won't

i realize that cdc would have us winning the cup next year but the truth is, it takes time. 

Edler will definitely still be here next year. I think Benning might also re-sign Miller though. I kind of hope not but I could see it happening. As long as the Sedins are here they will be our first line though. That is why like with Naslund leaving the Canucks need a clean break from them to truly move on to the next core. I doubt they get traded but definitely could see them either retiring at the end of their contracts or being allowed to leave as UFA to sign cheap contracts with a cup contender. 1 year, 1.5 mil each in Chicago, New York Rangers, etc. to try to win a cup as secondary scorers.

would be very nice to get something for the players we will not have back but other teams might give up nothing more then a 7th pick and Edler will n ot go unless it is to one of the top three teams and they will only give a young player and a 2nd at best

but I hope we get something for 3 to 4 players and maybe a bigger trade for a young guy that looks NHL ready for next year!

On 11/25/2016 at 2:28 PM, S'all Good Man said:

I like your optimism on getting anything for Skille, Megna or Chaput.

I'd love to see Burr get a shot at a ring.

Edler is probably the only player that can net us anything 2nd round or higher. But honestly I wouldn't expect it, and in fact I wouldn't be surprised at all if no deals were made, given the complications of the Vegas draft. Sbisa is probably Vegas bound as well. 

But your lines for next year are looking good to me, except I'd switch lines 2 and 3 around. 

No way Tanev should fetch a 1st rounder and a prospect

Archived