The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Stars

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So far it sounds like Edler was terrible.

Which in CDC speak usually means he had an average game lol

Edler was just Edlerish with his shots.  Canucks played very well -- speed on the counter-attack, aggressive on the forecheck, especially in the first, but were the better team overall on the night.  Dallas never really "ramped it up" for any sustained time.  The goals on Miller were a deflection and a screen.

20 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Unfortunately I didn't get to watch it and forgot to set the pvr. Sounds like it was a pretty good game overall. Who looked good, who was invisible, etc. Any of you super smart people want to give me the coles notes?

Great 1st period by the boys after withstanding DAL pressure the first few minutes. We were playing a tight checking game, not giving DAL much time to execute plays. We continued getting shots and good traffic to the net for most of the period. Could've had 2 or 3 goals. But you know the lack of finish..

2nd period  started turning pucks over, our transition game was horrid and couple of terrible non icing calls turned the momentum which we never got back.

Megna, Erikson, Burr, sutter, sedan  had good games.  Stecher, Tryamkin had solid games. 

Edler was edler.

6 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So how would the play tonight compare to the play against Chicago in the first two periods of that game? Same kind of high aggression in all zones? I was pretty stoked to see that style of play both offensively and defensively.

Was similar, but not as intense.  Definitely looked faster than the Stars -- counter-attacked with speed, caused turnovers in their zone by being aggressive, etc.  Of course, when the Sedin line came out it was like a respite, as the Stars were able to catch up to and neutralize them much of the time.

5 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

So how would the play tonight compare to the play against Chicago in the first two periods of that game? Same kind of high aggression in all zones? I was pretty stoked to see that style of play both offensively and defensively.

Yeah there was great support along the walls, active sticks in lanes, quick ups and confident plays for the first period.  Details were good for 1st period and there was a quite confidence about the team. 

It feels like the team plays good every other period. Then they have a period where they completely melt down. But I'm willing to accept these kind of losses since they played well for the most part and don't have the starpower most teams have. Sedins were invisible for the most part. Granny and Eriksson had a few chances here and there. Tryamkin was launching a few shots but I'd love him to launch more slappers. Hope he stays in the lineup for tomorrow's game. Don't want Larsen back. Tryamkin is clearly > Larsen

Archived