The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Minnesota Wild vs. Vancouver Canucks | November 29th | The Wild, Wild Western Conference Edition

Cramarossa

7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:
7 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Yeah....that'll go over well. You must be a real hit with the ladies.

7 hours ago, Alflives said:

I don't think that guy knows any "ladies". 

Say the two clowns who have 12000 posts in the last few years compared to my 200+ in 10 years.  My daughter waves hi you *&%$*%&%*tards.

Russo had this up today in the Star Tribune on LaBate and Granlund vs Granlund with also a few quotes by WD on Markus Granlund.

http://www.startribune.com/round-4-granlund-vs-granlund-nick-seeler-k-o-s-connor-brickley/403454376/

Good afternoon from Vancouver, where the Wild and Vancouver Canucks face off Tuesday night at 9 p.m. CT.

The Wild is 8-3 in its past 11 against the Canucks, 4-1 in its past five here in Vancouver after an 0-9-2 four-year run in this arena.

It sounds like Sven Baertschi and Philip Larsen could be back from injury and illness, respectively.

If Baertschi returns, it's uncertain if former Holy Angels teammate of the Reilly Brothers, Joseph Labate, will play his fourth NHL game or not on Vancouver's fourth line. He got into his first scrap the other night vs. (Wild fans will be happy) Cody McLeod.

On making his NHL debut against Arizona last week, Labate told me, "It was a dream come true playing my first NHL game. It was very special and being with this team, it’s a first-class organization and the players are really welcoming. I think I can play at this level and I’m confident in my abilities, but I think it’s been good. It’s definitely an eye opening experience. It’s the best league in the world for a reason."

The Canucks have won three games in regulation this season, but they have six overtime and shootout wins, including one of each by Markus Granlund.

Acquired last season by Vancouver from Calgary, Markus is playing the left side with Michael Chaput and Loui Eriksson.

This will be the fourth Markus vs. Mikael Granlund showdown (first with their parents in the stands watching it live) and first since Markus was dealt west. Mikael's Wild were 3-0 against the Calgary Flames in the head-to-head meetings.

Mikael Granlund has three assists, is plus-1, has five shots and is 19 for 35 (54.3 percent) in the faceoff circle. Markus Granlund has a goal and assist, an even rating, four shots and is 10 for 20 in the circle.

In 261 career games, Mikael Granlund has scored 36 goals (.137 per game) and 146 points (.559 per game). In 124 career games, Markus Granlund has scored 21 goals (.169 per game) and 40 points (.322 per game).

The scouting report for Markus Granlund seems very similar to Mikael.

“He’s smart, he’s competitive, he’s able to play center or wing for us, he’s one of our key penalty killers and he’s good on the power play,” said Canucks coach Willie Desjardins. “So he’s filled a big role this year.

“In the summer, he came back and said, ‘I want to be a top-6 player,’ and he wanted to push himself to get in that role.”

Almost 14 months separate the oldest Mikael, 24, from Markus, 23.

Markus loved talking about this matchup, by the way, the way Mikko Koivu loved talking about the Saku meetings early in his career.

[...]

1 minute ago, Rush17 said:

I'm trying to find seats for the ANA game on Thurs.  But the damn ticket selection thing is broken for that game... lol. damn you canucks pro seat selection web program!

Is it ticketmaster? It is giving me error messages too- I'm trying to buy tix for Nucks/Sharks in March :( 

Just now, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

Is it ticketmaster? It is giving me error messages too- I'm trying to buy tix for Nucks/Sharks in March :( 

Lame. we are getting shammed. lol.  Sucks when you want to support the team and they wont let you.  Back to TV watching I guess.

3 minutes ago, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

It's whatever is connected the canucks website.  I clicked on the new large buy tickets options on the right side.

9 hours ago, Davathor said:

Wow is right... Actually Stecher doesn't worry me so much as sbisa potentially playing 20+

Look at the stats - Sbisa is playing really well this year, he's not going to be the problem  - http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/s/sbisalu01.html

Where its going to get funky is when Sbisa or Tryamkin takes a penalty, then you'll have Larsen or Biega out there against top lines on the PK :o

13 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Lame. we are getting shammed. lol.  Sucks when you want to support the team and they wont let you.  Back to TV watching I guess.

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

Look at the stats - Sbisa is playing really well this year, he's not going to be the problem  - http://www.hockey-reference.com/players/s/sbisalu01.html

Where its going to get funky is when Sbisa or Tryamkin takes a penalty, then you'll have Larsen or Biega out there against top lines on the PK :o

I had to restart my computer to get it to work. 

13 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

11 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

It's whatever is connected the canucks website.  I clicked on the new large buy tickets options on the right side.

Just now, ThrustyPrusty89 said:

For some reason thats strangely funny when it comes to Sbisa. But the man is doing a good job, actually this is the 2nd year in a row now he's been solid. He takes too much crap. 

9 hours ago, EmilyM said:

We may be down with injuries right now and the press is writing us off, but we don’t Niederreiter telling us what we can’t do. It’s not the Scandella the century, we’ve seen it before. No Staaling, we’re going to take it to them out of the gate. I ain’t Folin ya. You watch, the Dumbass Wild are gonna take us lightly and by the end of the night, these Zuckers won't know what hit ‘em.

Yep, and just watch'em re-coyle when they see Tryamkin lose his kuemper!  :P

Archived