The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Firing] Gerard Gallant

Rocky Balboa

Can't believe the Panthers just did this. He will certainly have a job next season. Since Willie's contract is up at the end of year, he would be a nice replacement. But I'd prefer to extend Willie's stay. But Rowe can't really blame Gallant for their struggles. He has to factor in the loss of Huberdeau, Bjugstad and blowing up a great d core this past summer in which they were destined for playoff run this year. Don't know what's going to happen now

3 minutes ago, Smiley2051 said:

What the hell does Lawton mean here? That there are people who aren't hockey people giving advice to owners?? 

Analytics crowd vs old time hockey guys.  It's Florida.  No one cares about hockey down there anyway.  I'm sure this firing is getting more coverage in Canada than in Florida.

49 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Literally, kicked to the curb. 

Wow, what a despicable franchise...

At least get the guy a lift to the airport. 

I hope no respectable coach ever decides to coach there again. Rowe thinks he can do it better? I'm gonna laugh when he fails hard.

So much for Torts being the first coach canned.

If Florida loves analytics just hire a Nerd/Geek with a stats and mathematics degree from some ivy league school.

If Columbus keeps winning Tortorella should be a Jack Adams candidate.

I love that he continues to rip the bozos in the anal tics  community.

4 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

whens the last time a gm was coach?

/

It happens when the owner says, "fire the coach".  And adds, "you're the new coach".  Saves the owner money too, by not hiring another coach.  Too much weird stuff going on down there.  

Archived