The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Firing] Gerard Gallant

Rocky Balboa

3 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

It's not like they were catastrophic: 11-10-1 with literally a new set of D-men.

My guess is that Rowe really sold ownership on the value of analytics and used this to justify all the moves they made in the off-season. He is also likely making Gallant the scapegoat in that he is not deploying players to their strong analytics. However, he will get in there and turn the ship around, thus proving to ownership that analytics is the only way to go. Hope he falls flat on his face.

2 hours ago, on the cycle said:

Oh Dale Tallon, you crazy old man. I really hope we don't hire Tallon, Hoping we offer Thomas Drance or J.D. Burke. We could really use an analytics guy.

You can't be serious? France might have some good things to say but that JD Burke kid is a complete joke. Just yesterday he tweeted horvat is not the Canucks best offensive player. 

I wouldn't put myself on the fire WD train. I don't always agree with his decisions and his twitchyness I think would make me personally a bit uneasy as a player if I were on that bench. However I don't think he's a bad coach or the root of this teams struggle. I don't see the canucks right now as a playoff contender with or without WD. 

Though I do have a feeling that Gallant would be a JB type of guy to hire. He has brought a young team from the dumpster into being competitive again and was even in jack Adams discussions last season. Then had the front office deal away his defence in favor of a more open style and as a result they haven't been scoring as often as they are being scored on. I would consider him an upgrade on WD and a proven guy that can lead a young squad to contention. 

15 hours ago, Beary Sweet said:

Can't believe the Panthers just did this. He will certainly have a job next season. Since Willie's contract is up at the end of year, he would be a nice replacement. But I'd prefer to extend Willie's stay. But Rowe can't really blame Gallant for their struggles. He has to factor in the loss of Huberdeau, Bjugstad and blowing up a great d core this past summer in which they were destined for playoff run this year. Don't know what's going to happen now

I believe Willie's contract extends through 2017-2018 so he has 1 more year following this. 

Archived