The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Alex Edler out 4-6 weeks

-Vintage Canuck-

Time to balance the minutes a bit more.

Sbisa-Stecher

Hutton-Gudbranson

Larsen/Biega-Tryamkin

No real top pairing without Edler/Tanev. Going to need these guys to add some minutes and responsibility and step up to the plate.

For the Edler haters, these are still big tough minutes to fill. Not a bad thing to see what we have without him and Tanev though.

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

Time to balance the minutes a bit more.

Sbisa-Stecher

Hutton-Gudbranson

Larsen/Biega-Tryamkin

No real top pairing without Edler/Tanev. Going to need these guys to add some minutes and responsibility and step up to the plate.

For the Edler haters, these are still big tough minutes to fill. Not a bad thing to see what we have without him and Tanev though.

I think you've got the pairings right, and we might see both Larsen and Biega in the lineup with Biega used as both a F and D depending on the situation. That way you can spread out the minutes over 7 D. Its not like you'll notice a difference between Skille and Biega.

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

I think you've got the pairings right, and we might see both Larsen and Biega in the lineup with Biega used as both a F and D depending on the situation. That way you can spread out the minutes over 7 D. Its not like you'll notice a difference between Skille and Biega.

I expect Hutton-Gudbranson to get the biggest uptick in minutes and defensive responsibility. And that's not a bad thing to see how they fare. Tryamkin is ready for a couple more minutes per game too.

I think we might see Larsen in if he is healthy simply to take Edlers spot on the PP. I might actually be inclined to try Tryamkin there though instead.

16 minutes ago, FijianCanuck said:

Awesome now let's see what all the Edler bashers have to say? Who will fill his shoes going up against others top lines.

This is great news and it's going to show when Tryamkin steps it up over the next few weeks.  Honestly come back in a month when the canucks are  back in the playoff picture and tell me how much he is needed.

2 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I expect Hutton-Gudbranson to get the biggest uptick in minutes and defensive responsibility. And that's not a bad thing to see how they fare. Tryamkin is ready for a couple more minutes per game too.

I think we might see Larsen in if he is healthy simply to take Edlers spot on the PP. I might actually be inclined to try Tryamkin there though instead.

I'd love to see Tryamkin on the PP and do an eclipse impression in front of the goalie. He'll probably get more PK time though with Larsen getting the PP time.

Mobility and creativity on the point has been the root cause for our recent success. I say now that we are playing a more active back end system. We throw Larson in to give us a rushing threat on all 3 pairs. Seriously, it's November, let's take the time to make sure Larsen is useless.  

25 minutes ago, apollo said:

Pedan has been horrible down in Utica from what I've read on these boards =/ I'd love to see him succeed... I do have him in a keeper league lol

This is a huge loss... lots of minutes to be replaced. Unless someone steps up, we're in trouble.

Yeah, everyone I talked to who has watched Utica says the same. Outside of an odd hit once in a blue moon, Pedan looks disinterested out there. Our fanbase has a love of tallness regardless of work ethic.

Thankfully with the emergence of Stetcher and Tryamkin, we might actually have decent quality depth to cover these injuries, unlike in the past.

Hopefully Tanev is back soon as well. Him and Sbisa actually make a decent shutdown pair.

Of course Vancouver would be dealing with a swath of injuries already.....#*#*#!

That being said, this will force WD to look at using different players in different roles, as well as getting a good look at all the available defensive depth in the system.

• Tryamkin should be given power play time as a net front presence, I mean.....who is better suited than him for taking away the goalies vision?
  • Stecher needs a different partner to see how much of his success was generated by Edler, and how much is Stecher
  • Larsen should be called up for another look at what he brings (once again without Edler there)
  • All three defense pairings should be given as equal playing time as sensibly possible, with Gudbranson and Hutton getting the biggest increase in minutes

WD needs to get a look at what the defense can be without Edler, seeing which players can step into more prominent offensive roles, which players can move into more prominent defensive roles, and which players can handle a definite increase in minutes. Now is the time to use the opportunity. The depth is there now.

32 minutes ago, Nucks780 said:

My guess for defence line

Hutton Guddy

Sbisa Stecher

Tryamkin Biega

Where the hell does tanev go when he comes back is what's burning in my mind the most... paired with Sbisa and Stech with tryamkin?

or maybe it's time to send him somewhere 

Archived