The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brazilian Soccer Team:Plane Crash

Honky Cat

Terribly unfortunate tragedy.  

Hard to believe there was supposed to be even more passengers on board but a twist of fait changed their plans.

Happened 50 miles or so from the airport sadly.   Similar event happened before in SA if I  recall. 

Tragic . 

I just flew into Brazil on Saturday. We had extremely bad turbulence flying over Brazil because of a huge storm. Very scary... Very sad week for the people of Brazil here. You can see it walking around the streets. 

I have a few things to tell about this. as Aviator and as Brazilian...

will not be polite because the entire Aviation community around the world is angry with the complete negligence from the Bolivian Authorities...

1st of all EVERYBODY in South America know how terrible the Bolivian Aviation is. terrible to say the least...

terrible maintenance, terrible records, terrible structures, terrible management and terrible investiments. fly in Bolivia is like fly in Syria without ISIS but the danger is the same...

EVERY BRAZILIAN AVIATOR knows that Bolivians don´t give a $&!# about safety. Bolivians simply ignore that and do things on a crappy way. Impressive how Bolivia is even part of ICAO given their terrible safety record...

the route was insane 3000KM on a plane that would be able to fly 3000KM. no margin for safety, no extra fuel for alternative, winds, holdings etc. it was 1 to 1.

the Avro 85 should NEVER be allowed for that route and the Bolivian Authorities should noticed that and say "no you cannot do this flight because you will not have fuel when you arrive there" yet they cleared the flight...

the company only had that plane so means that plane would fly all the time without time for a decent maintenance. as usual in Bolivia they would do a junk repair on anything including jets.

would be so much safe do a tecnical stop halfway, refuel the plane and proceed with the flight!

extra fuel means safety. means extra time flying if needed

I have a few things to tell about this. as Aviator and as Brazilian...

will not be polite because the entire Aviation community around the world is angry with the complete negligence from the Bolivian Authorities...

1st of all EVERYBODY in South America know how terrible the Bolivian Aviation is. terrible to say the least...

terrible maintenance, terrible records, terrible structures, terrible management and terrible investiments. fly in Bolivia is like fly in Syria without ISIS but the danger is the same...

EVERY BRAZILIAN AVIATOR knows that Bolivians don´t give a $&!# about safety. Bolivians simply ignore that and do things on a crappy way. Impressive how Bolivia is even part of ICAO given their terrible safety record...

the route was insane 3000KM on a plane that would be able to fly 3000KM. no margin for safety, no extra fuel for alternative, winds, holdings etc. it was 1 to 1.

the Avro 85 should NEVER be allowed for that route and the Bolivian Authorities should noticed that and say "no you cannot do this flight because you will not have fuel when you arrive there" yet they cleared the flight...

the company only had that plane so means that plane would fly all the time without time for a decent maintenance. as usual in Bolivia they would do a junk repair on anything including jets.

would be so much safe do a tecnical stop halfway, refuel the plane and proceed with the flight!

extra fuel means safety. means extra time flying if needed. for divertion to another airfield. winds etc. it´s  a SAFETY MARGIN...

Bolivia should NEVER allowed this plane do the route. it was a charter airline with only one plane. the owner was also the pilot and acted as a 2nd mechanic. the co-pilot was a military pilot and even the flight attendants were from the military...

so basically the company staff was resumed by the people boarded the airplane...

"amazing" how "regulations" in Bolivia are so terrible that you don´t have to have a dedicated dispacher for a 120 seat airplane...

more "amazing" is the fact that even with all this circunstances the Pilot refused to do a tecnical stop for refueling. even more scary considering that one extra hour of fuel would save the flight and the people onboard...

so my question is. WTF BOLIVIA????

honestly it´s far from terrible. it´s even worse. it´s beyond the imagination how a charter company doing international flights from Bolivia are allowed to do this level of $&!#!

Aviators around the world including me are angry. it was negligence after negligence. 

imagine the level of the hole Bolivian Aviation system how terrible is!!!!!

where´s ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organisation) to actually do something about it?

where´s FAA demanding a ban from any Bolivian Airline fly to USA untill the problem is solved on their system?

it´s time for the Brazilian Aviation send a clear and definitive message to Bolivia...

UNTIL YOU FIX YOUR AVIATION SYSTEM NO AIRLINE FROM BOLIVIA WILL BE ALLOWED ON ANY PORTION OF THE BRAZILIAN AIRSPACE NOR TO ANY FLIGHTS TO BRAZIL

it´s was a Brazilian group who died today. but could be an Argentinian group or even a Canadian group...

how long until another Bolivian airplane crash again and kill more people?

Rodrigo N Mota

On 29/11/2016 at 8:57 PM, greetingsfrombrazil said:

This was the toughest day I've had at work. I'm a sports journalist and this is the worst tragedy in the history of Brazilian sport. A terrible day, emotions flowing all over. Nice to know the news have gone worldwide, such amazing support from all over the globe.

sério cara. Brasileiro. de São Paulo...

sabemos que tu tá postando preso em 345km de engarrafamento hahahahahahahahahahahah 

desculpa. não resisti :):lol::lol::lol::lol:

Hey Aero, I'm trying to figure out what happened with the fuel situation. From what I read, it looks like the plane left Sao Paulo and stopped in Santa Cruz, but did not refuel before continuing on to Medellin. Is that what happened here, or did they just turn to a new heading and not stop in Bolivia at all?

The plane didn't explode on impact, which basically supports the theory that it was out of fuel, but wouldn't the pilot be aware of this? How could he let this happen?

7 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Hey Aero, I'm trying to figure out what happened with the fuel situation. From what I read, it looks like the plane left Sao Paulo and stopped in Santa Cruz, but did not refuel before continuing on to Medellin. Is that what happened here, or did they just turn to a new heading and not stop in Bolivia at all?

The plane didn't explode on impact, which basically supports the theory that it was out of fuel, but wouldn't the pilot be aware of this? How could he let this happen?

the flight from Brazil to Bolivia was done on a comercial flight. normally.

BUT from Bolivia to Colombia was on that charter company

Bolivian aviation is a mess dude. totally crappy. zero regulations...

Archived