The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van - Fld - Avs

Knucks16

To Van

Aleksander Barkov + return picks? Or prospect?

To Van

Tyson Jost

To Fld

Chris Tanev + Branden Sutter + pick? then either Hansen or Brendan Gaunce, Horvat, Edler plus our 2nd and 3rd Rd picks.

To Avs 

Brande Gaunce + Phillip Larsen or Biega

Maybe? Sutter? and Tanev? can definitely help out the panthers pull out of there slump and help them in the playoffs. It's definitely pretty Fair imo. We might have to add a pick of some sort hopefully no bigger then a 2nd Rd pick? For Barkov and a prospect or pick? Also could be a cap issue?

And as as for the second proposal, maybe trading Gaunce + Hansen + Chris Tanev With a

4th pick.  should be enough for Barkov + prospect?......

Baertchi + Edler + 2nd, 3rd picks?

For Barkov + return pick?

Edler + Horvat and A 3rd Rd pick?

for Barkov and a second?

Tanev + Marstrom straight across for Barkov + prospect?

Barkov has been kinda in a slump? Having a off season maybe? Idk it's not to far off value for value pretty close I'd have to say.

Be Sick to land Aleksander Barkov:) 

Or to land Tyson Jost

two centerman we need for the Future!

Thoughts and opinions????

Valuation is off? 

I don't think he's too far off tbh... Although imo it's a slight overpayment from us. I wouldn't do it as a Canucks gm. 

Don't think deal is plausible though. I'd do Tanev + Gaunce + van 3rd for Barkov + 4th 

42 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Evaluation is not even close. 

It would likely cost something closer to Tanev+Boeser/Demko/Juolevi+top 60 pick for Barkov. 

Also, not that it matters but more of a fyi. Florida is Fla, Fld is the abbreviation for fields

Yah your prob right shayster007;) nice call buds!?!?!?.....,,

I'm pretty high on Barkov. No way does that even get close to his value. You don't trade Barkov for anything less than McDavid or Ovechkin. That and any deal with Barkov would require us sending a center able to take his minutes. That would mean a swap of Barkov and Horvat and us adding a lot. 
I like Tanev a lot, but let's not get carried away with his value. 

1 hour ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Value is probably close to equal there, but the fact is they don't want to get rid of Barkov. In a situation like that, you have to give up the world to get Bark.

But They got Huberdeau? Aswell Ekbkad that's there franchise players? 

3 hours ago, Where'd Luongo? said:

Value is probably close to equal there, but the fact is they don't want to get rid of Barkov. In a situation like that, you have to give up the world to get Bark.

Barkov maybe over valued at the moment? Aswell they do have Huberdeau and Ekblad;) I would say those two players are there foundation:) plus they could use a goalie like Markstrom or demko preferably Markstrom imo;) to get Barkov?

17 minutes ago, Knucks16 said:

Barkov maybe over valued at the moment? Aswell they do have Huberdeau and Ekblad;) I would say those two players are there foundation:) plus they could use a goalie like Markstrom or demko preferably Markstrom imo;) to get Barkov?

Foundations usually revolve around at minimum 3 core players.

Keith, Kane, Toews

Kopitar, Quick, Doughty

Malkin, Crosby, Letang

Backstrom, Ovi, Holtby

Sedin, Sedin, Luongo

And the one consistency is that every foundation needs to have a true #1 center.  Barkov is that type.  The exact reason you want to trade for Barkov is the exact reason Florida wont trade him. 

5 hours ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Foundations usually revolve around at minimum 3 core players.

Keith, Kane, Toews

Kopitar, Quick, Doughty

Malkin, Crosby, Letang

Backstrom, Ovi, Holtby

Sedin, Sedin, Luongo

And the one consistency is that every foundation needs to have a true #1 center.  Barkov is that type.  The exact reason you want to trade for Barkov is the exact reason Florida wont trade him. 

We need a Barkov!!!!!!!

17 hours ago, Brobidus said:

I'm pretty high on Barkov. No way does that even get close to his value. You don't trade Barkov for anything less than McDavid or Ovechkin. That and any deal with Barkov would require us sending a center able to take his minutes. That would mean a swap of Barkov and Horvat and us adding a lot. 
I like Tanev a lot, but let's not get carried away with his value. 

Honestly you can't put Barkov even remotely close or the same atmosphere to a Crosby or a Mcdavid or Ovechkin lol! at all;) Barkov is good. but, he's not even close to those guys lol;) I would compare Barkov to a nugent-Hopkins type or Parise is more accurate;) imo;)

49 minutes ago, TheSnipeshow91 said:

Rather keep our best trade asset and draft Middlestadt, Hischier, Patrick or Vilardi. All 4 of them have the potential to be a #1 C in the league imo.

Good idea..... but you also have to look at, that there's no guarantee getting a top 5 pick just as what happened to us last year;) we finished at the bottom three of the league and still took a fifth round pick;) I say we look for a solid young first line future centre such as Barkov type player! Cause I doubt we land a top ten draft pick anyways..... just my opinion;)

On 2016-11-29 at 10:01 PM, Knucks16 said:

To Van

Aleksander Barkov + return picks? Or prospect?

To Fld

Chris Tanev + Branden Sutter + pick? then either Hansen or Brendan Gaunce, Horvat, Edler plus our 2nd and 3rd Rd picks.

Maybe? Sutter? and Tanev? can definitely help out the panthers pull out of there slump and help them in the playoffs. It's definitely pretty Fair imo. We might have to add a pick of some sort hopefully no bigger then a 2nd Rd pick? For Barkov and a prospect or pick? Also could be a cap issue?

And as as for the second proposal, maybe trading Gaunce + Hansen + Chris Tanev With a 4th pick.  should be enough for Barkov + prospect?......

Baertchi + Edler + 2nd, 3rd picks?

For Barkov + return pick?

Edler + Horvat and A 3rd Rd pick?

for Barkov and a second?

Tanev + Marstrom straight across for Barkov + prospect?

Barkov has been kinda in a slump? Having a off season maybe? Idk it's not to far off value for value pretty close I'd have to say.

Be Sick to land Aleksander Barkov:) 

Thoughts and opinions????

Who the frick are these two monkeys that gave me a minus reputations? These monkeys obviously don't know hockey! So fricking annoying when people cant see the positives in a proposal!

Well since it seems like we can't get a Barkov without paying a huge defisate. Who's gonna play center along side of Brock Boeser? I have an idea that could work.... let's sign Tyson Jost he already plays along side of Boeser and is a centerman with huge playmaking scoring potential! Maybe this could be a future line for the Canucks:)

Boeser-Jost-Virtanen there's our future 1st line!

Archived