The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it just me or have ticket prices gone insane?

canuckfaithful

Hey all I have been a fan for years and gotten to a few games, mostly back east in Toronto. Prices could be considered high there but the prices out here seem way out of wack?

I went to a home game in Toronto and payed 80 bucks  in 2010 . a couple years earlier I took the ex and a couple kids to see the canucks in Buffalo for 250 in CDN funds and had prime seats in the lower bowl well Here in 2011 I payed 90 a ticket in the nose bleeds now I went to get ticket for a game on a saturday and the cheapest seat in the nose bleeds was 132. all I can say is what the hell.

That doesn't make any sense at all, keep an eye out for better tickets. I could have gone to the game today for 20$ if I wanted. 

Obviously Saturday games will be more expensive, but people pay to see winning hockey. Prices have been way down this year, especially in comparison to 2011 like you mentioned. You might need to reconsider your main method of obtaining tickets

Not really.

The ticket prices are actually cheaper compared to what it was five years ago or so. There are a few exceptions and the one you mentioned is one of them. With the amount of Leafs fans we see attend Canucks game here in Vancouver and the overall anticipation of a Canucks-Leafs game, it is no surprise that the ticket price would be a lot higher than the average ticket price of the other games.

the prices are contingent of how well the team is doing, the time/date of the game, and which team we're playing (leafs, canadiens, black hawks usually are the "premium" games for instance). I still think the prices are too high (since I see half seats empty on TV almost every game now), but yeah, it varies on a few factors you should consider.

Archived