The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Ducks VS Canucks @ Rogers Arena (7 p.m. PT)

Tavrohorvat53

1 hour ago, hearditall said:

On pace for 30 goals, 64 points & a +32...

Statistics - NHL 2016/17 Regular

Split GP GM G A Pts +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA GWG S Hits Blks SPCT P/G
Actual 23 0 8 10 18 9 22 5 4 0 0 2 54 38 20 14.8 0.78
Projected 82 0 29 36 64 32 78 18 14 0 0 7 193 135 71 14.8 0.78

https://www.nhl.com/player/ryan-kesler-8470616

Hearditall I distinctly said lately and Bieksa is playing well, Kesler not so much although he is still getting on the board. because I only watched him in the last few games. Production and and how a player is playing does not necessarily equate, or foretell eventual achievement.

For example no one could realistically say the twins are playing well just now but they will still likely be our top scoring forwards. 

It was my own personal opinion of how Kesler was currently playing compared to when I watched him last season. 

The reason I have watched them recently (Ducks) was because this game was coming up.

Anyway it will be interesting to revisit this after we have played them.

1 hour ago, alfstonker said:

Hearditall I distinctly said lately and Bieksa is playing well, Kesler not so much although he is still getting on the board. because I only watched him in the last few games. Production and and how a player is playing does not necessarily equate, or foretell eventual achievement.

For example no one could realistically say the twins are playing well just now but they will still likely be our top scoring forwards. 

It was my own personal opinion of how Kesler was currently playing compared to when I watched him last season. 

The reason I have watched them recently (Ducks) was because this game was coming up.

Anyway it will be interesting to revisit this after we have played them.

My kid loves the Ducks & Kesler is one of my favourite players & always liked Bieska too so yes I watch their games too. The team is off to a better start than last year & so is Kesler.

I actually gave up my season tickets a few years ago as I actually now prefer to watch the game in my theatre room than going to the game. Can't beat the PVR or the comfort of your own home.

That being said I'm going to the game tonight with the family cause my kid would have it no other way. 

By the way the 2 guys I've noticed most this season on the Ducks is Rackell & Silfverberg...

4 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That look on Keslers face reminds me of the 2011 run... man oh man did he put it all on the line. 

I know many of us are still angry over how he departed... as many of us, my reasoning was that I felt he turned his back on us and handcuffed our team. In reality, yes he did turn his back on us but he just wanted to leave after a decade of service to this franchise and we got a great return in the trade which is to this day Jimbo's best move as GM. 

His first game back, I got tickets and boo'd my lungs out everytime he touched the puck. I genuinely had nothing but hate for him... but now I can say the hate has lessened and I just genuinely appreciate the years he played for us and can't think of too many players that personified a "Canuck" better than he. 

I'll still boo him against us, but the hate is not there anymore. I'm no longer bitter... the trade benefited us and I'm happy. When he is inducted to the ring of honour, I'll make sure to be there and show him the respect he deserves.  

This guy cared and for the better part of a decade, he was an incredible team mate. I miss him. 

fake2.gif

That said, hope he's -3 and chokes tonight. 

I feel he deserves a little more respect from most Canucks fans. 

Tired of this iheartradio $&!# for 1040. All I want to do is listen to it, not figure out why it's not even playing.

&^@# iheartradio. &^@#ing &^@#ers. &^@#ing thing won't even play for me. Why is 1040 going through these guys? &^@# them. Press play - NOTHING. It was perfectly fine before until they made this unnecessary switch..

Finally. What a god damn ordeal. Shouldn't take 5 minutes to figure out a play button..

3 minutes ago, apollo said:

That look on Keslers face reminds me of the 2011 run... man oh man did he put it all on the line. 

I know many of us are still angry over how he departed... as many of us, my reasoning was that I felt he turned his back on us and handcuffed our team. In reality, yes he did turn his back on us but he just wanted to leave after a decade of service to this franchise and we got a great return in the trade which is to this day Jimbo's best move as GM. 

His first game back, I got tickets and boo'd my lungs out everytime he touched the puck. I genuinely had nothing but hate for him... but now I can say the hate has lessened and I just genuinely appreciate the years he played for us and can't think of too many players that personified a "Canuck" better than he. 

I'll still boo him against us, but the hate is not there anymore. I'm no longer bitter... the trade benefited us and I'm happy. When he is inducted to the ring of honour, I'll make sure to be there and show him the respect he deserves.  

This guy cared and for the better part of a decade, he was an incredible team mate. I miss him. 

fake2.gif

Why do you boo? He left to win. As an athlete, there is nothing more than I appreciate than a desire to win the big one. Kesler had more of that than anyone on that 2011 roster. 

Bieksa is who I'd go after.

1 minute ago, Zhukini said:

Why do you boo? He left to win. As an athlete, there is nothing more than I appreciate than a desire to win the big one. Kesler had more of that than anyone on that 2011 roster. 

Bieksa is who I'd go after.

Why would anyone boo Bieksa?   He didn't even want to be traded.

Canucks got shafted by Ana because they were the only team Kes would go to.  He could have selected other contending teams (and maybe have his cup by now).  I don't boo him, but I don't care that others do.  It's all part hockey.

Just now, higgyfan said:

Why would anyone boo Bieksa?   He didn't even want to be traded.

Canucks got shafted by Ana because they were the only team Kes would go to.  He could have selected other contending teams (and maybe have his cup by now).  I don't boo him, but I don't care that others do.  It's all part hockey.

It's the one quote I didn't like, the willing to go down with the ship one. Sure it exemplifies loyalty, it also shows that winning isn't all that important to him, and that is what is frustrating, when you're willing to collect a cheque, make some friends and take an early summer off. 

8 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

Gonna be a rough one.

5-3 Canucks

Its going to be rocky waters with some Orcas and Ducks doing battle! lol.

those are some tough ducks lol.  I hope tryamkin manhandles some of their players again. Will please me greatly.

21 minutes ago, apollo said:

fake2.gif

Maybe if he didn't insist on being traded when things started to go bad? 

21 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Tired of this iheartradio $&!# for 1040. All I want to do is listen to it, not figure out why it's not even playing.

&^@# iheartradio. &^@#ing &^@#ers. &^@#ing thing won't even play for me. Why is 1040 going through these guys? &^@# them. Press play - NOTHING. It was perfectly fine before until they made this unnecessary switch..

Finally. What a god damn ordeal. Shouldn't take 5 minutes to figure out a play button..

Lol good rant mr. rant..go to tunein radio and get 1040.

Archived