The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] JVR to Flames

Just now, ItsMillerTime said:

Ya funny thing is I saw that right after I posted it. Still could make the Flames think anyway though.

I think it's one of those fair value deals, but no team really gets what they want from it. TML doesn't want to trade JVR, Calgary doesn't want to trade Hamilton.

50 minutes ago, Knucks16 said:

Just a thought....... why in the world do we give two $&!#s bout what Flammers want? Totally wrong team forums? How does that benefit the Canucks? Curiosity? Such a weird proposal when it's not for the Canucks....... lmao:)

Some of us are, you know, hockey fans.

As for the trade suggestion, with the extension to Gaudreau and the early success of Tkachuk, it doesn't seem to make much sense for the Flames to spend an asset like Hamilton on another LW.

There seems to be a lot of indications that they don't like Hamilton's personality though. Guess the Bruins weren't just blowing smoke...

2 hours ago, Warhippy said:

After the price Calgary paid to get him and the immediate contract after there's no way he moves for JVR alone

That's exactly what Burke said on his interview.  "We moved head on earth to beat out 12 other teams to get this player, why would we move him"

He then called the other GM that started this an idiot.  He said brad told the other GM next time before you call me, save yourself the quarter and don't.

Flames radio then speculated that the other GM Brian was calling out was Chayka

8 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

That's exactly what Burke said on his interview.  "We moved head on earth to beat out 12 other teams to get this player, why would we move him"

He then called the other GM that started this an idiot.  He said brad told the other GM next time before you call me, save yourself the quarter and don't.

Flames radio then speculated that the other GM Brian was calling out was Chayka

Would be the equivalent of us shipping out Gudbranson after signing him to a 4 years $5+ million extension 

Just makes no sense.  Flames have far more assets to move that make more sense and like it or not Hamilton is very very young and only on the upswing under what in 3 years will be a decent contract

There's no incentive for them to move him.  Especially not for a JVR.  And if Burke is saying pfft no to JVR you know after the Toronto connection there's no chance it happens

Archived