The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Team Needs Nicknames

TheGuardian_

57 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

No. No they don't.

We don't make up their nicknames, they do for each other. If we find out what they are and can use them, all the better.

Agreed and the Groot thing needs to go, it ain't catching on no matter how hard people try lol

15 hours ago, elvis15 said:

No. No they don't.

We don't make up their nicknames, they do for each other. If we find out what they are and can use them, all the better.

Mostly, but not completely. Fans and media have developed a few good ones throughout time. Of the top of my head for this team...'Cowan the Brabarian, The Mattress Line, Brother Daniel...

Some players have multiple nicknames, from different sources... Ox, Boho...

I'll say this nicknames these days consist usually of putting a 'Y' on the end of the first syllable ( Guddy, Hutty,Millsy ). They were way better back in the day...The Rocket, The Steamer, The Flower, The Moose (:angry:).

Either way, some people do get there knickers in a twist about some silly things on this board...It's all just in fun. Like 'Groot', I like it better than most for big T, but I also believe he will have a few as his last name is a bit difficult for some to say and he's such a unique character. 

Archived