The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The NHL is on high alert for Dec3 Leafs game.

ShakyWalton

1 minute ago, Blueberries said:

Obviously the NHL is not coming for the threat by Guddy as threats are common in the NHL. They are coming because they realized they messed up with the hit on Daniel, and now expect a bloodbath and want to act as a deterrent.

But, management better be ready. No excuse to have LaBate and Biega out, while having Larsen. It's time to stick up for our players, and send a message. If anyone touches a Sedin, I want the other 4 guys coming in and throwing punches.

No I don't want Guddy to just fight Martin and end the beef there. Although I won't mind Guddy vs. Kadri and LaBate vs. Rielly.

If Willie ices the same lineup, he truly is clueless.

2 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Like Dorsett? Not sure. Dorsett has fought far tougher players than Martin, so I'm not sure why he picked the spot he did.

And conveniently, neither Gudbranson nor Tryamkin was on the ice during his "forcing of the hand" on Stecher. Hmmm....Talk about picking spots.  

Spearing is always unacceptable. That was a low point from the Canucks perspective. Why does Burrows still pull that crap?

Babcock deployed the lines to give Martin a clear path, once again knowing that Gudbranson and Tryamkin were off ice. At least see that for what it is.

We'll see how it plays out. Based on how hard Gudbranson went after Hendricks a few years back, and how he took on Kassian earlier this season, Martin should be getting prepared.

We'll see how it plays out. I'm thinking the stage has been set regardless of what the league has said. I hope gud beats Martin; however, it will be a tough fight.

btw, Martin would eat Kassian for breakfast

The Sedins should've been protected for years now, but they're left out there to defend themselves, which they won't do. In their eyes, that's not playing the right way. Opponents know this, and continue to take liberties with our stars. I'm sick and tired of having sand kicked in their faces with no push back. I would love to see Grenier called up to play on their line, just as security really. Keep an eye on things if they go south. Forget about finding them the perfect winger to score a ton of goals, get a player with some size and attitude on their wing. The Kadri's of the league won't be so quick to take cheap shots. Look at EDM, they brought in Lucic for that purpose, to watch out for McDavid and to create space for him to shine. Seems to be working for them. Canucks should've been protecting the Sedins for years.   

Hope they start Markstrom too.

10 minutes ago, Pete M said:

We'll see how it plays out. I'm thinking the stage has been set regardless of what the league has said. I hope gud beats Martin; however, it will be a tough fight.

True about the stage being set.

As far as Martin, Darius provided some pretty compelling evidence to the fact that Martin has flaws as a fighter. I'm not so sure Martin would eat a player for breakfast who pummeled Ben Eager (who was a legit heavyweight) so badly that he left the game entirely.

4 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

The Sedins should've been protected for years now, but they're left out there to defend themselves, which they won't do. In their eyes, that's not playing the right way. Opponents know this, and continue to take liberties with our stars. I'm sick and tired of having sand kicked in their faces with no push back. I would love to see Grenier called up to play on their line, just as security really. Keep an eye on things if they go south. Forget about finding them the perfect winger to score a ton of goals, get a player with some size and attitude on their wing. The Kadri's of the league won't be so quick to take cheap shots. Look at EDM, they brought in Lucic for that purpose, to watch out for McDavid and to create space for him to shine. Seems to be working for them. Canucks should've been protecting the Sedins for years.   

Hope they start Markstrom too.

Kadri was all over McDavid in the first meeting of the year, and Lucic did nothing to him.

The Sedins needed to do some of that themselves as well. Once it became obvious that they would be targeted by cheap shot artists, they should have augmented their game with a physical edge. It wouldn't have hurt them.

15 minutes ago, Blueberries said:

Clueless would be putting it lightly. He'll just a send message to the boys that he isn't here for them. Time for him to stand up for the boys.

The lineup does need to be augmented in preparation for a physical game, but not by sacrificing the speed needed to catch up to and neutralize the Bon Jovi boys.

As Ra's al Ghul once said: "You've sacrificed sure footing for a killing stroke."

3 minutes ago, Dumb Nuck said:

Nothing's gonna happen, it'll be a boring game, the Canucks are the wimpy kid that hides in the corner. Best we can hope for is to win the game.

In every thread, there are great conversations, and then a coil like this gets dropped.

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

True about the stage being set.

As far as Martin, Darius provided some pretty compelling evidence to the fact that Martin has flaws as a fighter. I'm not so sure Martin would eat a player for breakfast who pummeled Ben Eager (who was a legit heavyweight) so badly that he left the game entirely.

Gud needs to bring it!

36 minutes ago, Pete M said:

Not really..

33 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

Martin looked like a little puppy against Chara a few weeks ago.....Guddy should stack up pretty good I would think..

What an embarrassment.

Jumps little rookies.

Tries to turtle his own weight class.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Why should Martin have to chase players that do not want to fight him.

the ironing is delicious.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Btw Kassian used to train with Martin m.m.a style in the off season, they sparred together.

15 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

you noticed it all started on his hit on Krug who is smaller than Stecher.

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

Why should Martin have to chase players that do not want to fight him. He picked on Stecher to force those players hand. Let those players come to him because the guy is confident in his fighting ability

Related image

Archived