The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The NHL is on high alert for Dec3 Leafs game.

ShakyWalton

I hope Kadri gets what's coming..last year we would all know nothing would happen except maybe we would get to watch Dorset get speed bagged ...this year Kadri and co better have their heads on a swivel...I would like to see Pedan iced for this one given out blue line woes and to add one more player that won't skate around like nothing happened last game.  Should have been suspended as now the players will make things right and I hope they do.

6 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If this isn't proof of the league's bias against the Canucks, I don't know what is. I hope one of the players asks that idiot Quintal if he is talking to the Leafs as well, or if Shanahan talks in his sleep.

I wonder if he is going to tell them that legal hits are off limits as well ,or fighting is out of the question, or anything else that is common place in a HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!!!!!

That would be a very interesting conversation I would love to be a fly on the wall for.

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

I would like to see Pedan iced for this one given out blue line woes and to add one more player that won't skate around like nothing happened last game.

Well, if you ice Pedan, you'll likely get one more player who skates around like nothing happened.

Man, this city really has quite the one-way love affair with Pedan. Plays horrendous in Utica, doesn't use his size, throws a hit maybe once every month, turnover machine and everyone still wants him called up because he's tall.

Quintal: Hi guys. Thanks for meeting with me before the game. I just wanted to talk to you all to ensure that tonight's game will be played cleanly. We were concerned about remarks one of your players made after the game in Toronto.

Gudbranson: Yeah...that was taken out of context. I didn't actually mean that I was going to actually murder Martin. It was a figure of speech.

Quintal: Well Erik......while we understand that, we were concerned that you might be packing heat or possibly putting a razor at the end of your stick. We have to take all threats seriously.

Daniel: Like how Kadri mouthed on live TV that he was going to kill someone, while mimicking a throat slash?

Quintal: Well, Nazeem is an excitable young man, who we think brings a lot of fun to the game and to the Leafs.

Daniel: Why do you care about how fun the Leafs are?

Quintal: What? I didn't say that. Well, anyways Brendan just expressed concerns to me over breakfast this morning that he's concerned about the safety of the players this evening.

Gudbranson: Every player on the ice?

Quintal: Why? Is there someone you want to kill tonight? Be honest and speak into the phone here.

Gudbranson: No.

Quintal: Ok. Play it that way, Charley Manson. I've spoken to Dave Abbot and Joey Kenward and they've both agreed to wear wires....wait why did I tell you that? Damn!

Benning: Could you please leave now?

Quintal: Anyways thanks for listening and make sure that you play a safe game out there tonight as Gary, Brendan and Colin all want to make sure that players in key, select markets are kept safe from any type of violence whatsoever.

Gudbranson: Get bent, Stephanie.

Quintal: (Into his phone) Brendan...I don't think that went very well. Should I suspend the whole team? Meet me in my car...I need to be held.

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I wonder if he is going to tell them that legal hits are off limits as well ,or fighting is out of the question, or anything else that is common place in a HOCKEY GAME!!!!!!!!!!

That would be a very interesting conversation I would love to be a fly on the wall for.

The Oiler game vs the Leafs was anti-climatic...nothing happened. This one will probably be the same; however, they will allow the leaf players to hack and cross check the Canucks, and then call the retaliation, if there is any. 

8 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

Well most of the flies would be circling Quintal's mouth due to the crap that will flying out of it.

4 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Quintal: Hi guys. Thanks for meeting with me before the game. I just wanted to talk to you all to ensure that tonight's game will be played cleanly. We were concerned about remarks one of your players made after the game in Toronto.

Gudbranson: Yeah...that was taken out of context. I didn't actually mean that I was going to actually murder Martin. It was a figure of speech.

Quintal: Well Erik......while we understand that, we were concerned that you might be packing heat or possibly putting a razor at the end of your stick. We have to take all threats seriously.

Daniel: Like how Kadri mouthed on live TV that he was going to kill someone, while mimicking a throat slash?

Quintal: Well, Nazeem is an excitable young man, who we think brings a lot of fun to the game and to the Leafs.

Daniel: Why do you care about how fun the Leafs are?

Quintal: What? I didn't say that. Well, anyways Brendan just expressed concerns to me over breakfast this morning that he's concerned about the safety of the players this evening.

Gudbranson: Every player on the ice?

Quintal: Why? Is there someone you want to kill tonight? Be honest and speak into the phone here.

Gudbranson: No.

Quintal: Ok. Play it that way, Charley Manson. I've spoken to Dave Abbot and Joey Kenward and they've both agreed to wear wires....wait why did I tell you that? Damn!

Benning: Could you please leave now?

Quintal: Anyways thanks for listening and make sure that you play a safe game out there tonight as Gary, Brendan and Colin all want to make sure that players in key, select markets are kept safe from any type of violence whatsoever.

Gudbranson: Get bent, Stephanie.

Quintal: (Into his phone) Brendan...I don't think that went very well. Should I suspend the whole team? Meet me in my car...I need to be held.

The funny thing is that you are probably not too far off as to how that conversation is going to go. Too funny.

2 minutes ago, EmilyM said:

Well, if you ice Pedan, you'll likely get one more player who skates around like nothing happened.

Man, this city really has quite the one-way love affair with Pedan. Plays horrendous in Utica, doesn't use his size, throws a hit maybe once every month, turnover machine and everyone still wants him called up because he's tall.

After watching Jordan Nolan rough up and cheap shot the sedins time after time it was nice seeing Pedan in the lineup and handle him nicely when the opportunity presented itself.

Pedan is a bottom pair guy at best. Larsen looks like a bottom pairing guy at best.  As a fan Id like to see Pedan on the ice instead of Larsen in a game vsa team that decided to turn their last meeting into a goon fest.

2 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

After watching Jordan Nolan rough up and cheap shot the sedins time after time it was nice seeing Pedan in the lineup and handle him nicely when the opportunity presented itself.

Pedan is a bottom pair guy at best. Larsen looks like a bottom pairing guy at best.  As a fan Id like to see Pedan on the ice instead of Larsen in a game vsa team that decided to turn their last meeting into a goon fest.

Nice!

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Yeah, it'd be nice if THAT Pedan showed up, but do you reward a guy who is doing nothing in Utica on the offchance he might decide to show up if he's in the NHL instead?
I don't know, I say you give opportunities to the guys who show up to work every night.

4 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

There is absolutely no reason NOT to have Pedan in the line up but there is a BIG REASON to have him in. We seen what happened to Stecher and I cannot see Larsen fairing any better. This is a no brainer.

2 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

There is absolutely no reason NOT to have Pedan in the line up but there is a BIG REASON to have him in. We seen what happened to Stecher and I cannot see Larsen fairing any better. This is a no brainer.

If you've seen him play in Utica this season, there are many reasons not to have him in the line-up.

1 minute ago, EmilyM said:

Yeah, it'd be nice if THAT Pedan showed up, but do you reward a guy who is doing nothing in Utica on the offchance he might decide to show up if he's in the NHL instead?
I don't know, I say you give opportunities to the guys who show up to work every night.

you mean guys like Larsen who look like a soft pylon on the ice.  Even Tryamkin has to coach him while the play is going on and he still cant get it right.

Its not like they will replace Hutton, Stecher or Gudbranson, they would be replacing a softer version of Bartkowski.

Are you really worried about replacing this guy with a 6 foot 5 guy that can hit and fight?:

larsen-lost.gif?w=748&h=419

21 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Quintal will be in attendance as they are taking Gudbransons threat seriously....there will probably be a Canuck penalty every 2 minutes..god forbid we do anything to the leagues poster boys....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-gudbranson-threat-has-nhl-on-high-alert~1007593

Canucks are passive enough as it is. I'd love to see the boys just say "screw it" with the eyes in the stands and just blow up Kadri, Martin and whoever else gets out of hand with some huge open ice hits. Throw a couple scraps in there, too. Unfortunately, all this hype and we will probably be watching an all star game (minus the all stars) with no body contact. Might as well be a game of shinny down at 8 rinks.

Just now, Darius71 said:

Are you really worried about replacing this guy with a 6 foot 5 guy that can hit and fight?

Who's to say he'll do that though? I don't care if a guy has the ability to hit if he doesn't decide to use it. Have you seen him play this year? If he was doing what he's doing in Utica, but in Vancouver, he'd be a bigger whipping boy in our fanbase than Sbisa and Edler combined. Lucky for him he has been sheltered away from Canucks fans in Utica. He has not been good and does not deserve to be in the lineup because he is tall. Show that you give a damn in Utica and then let's call him up.

Archived