The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The NHL is on high alert for Dec3 Leafs game.

ShakyWalton

21 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Ok we can agree to disagree.  Larsen is -9 and hes only played in like 15 games.  In my opinion they have nothing to lose by inserting a guy who has shown he can be a physical presence at the NHL level.  As far as his performance in Utica is concerned, that team in general is really bad.  If we were to reward guys by their performances down there then Subban should be up here along with Grenier full time.

Dorsett is out of the lineup and we are facing a team that put out a goon to jump little rookie Troy Stecher and delivered 2 predatory hits on 2 of our best players.  I say call up a guy that can answer those types of instigations and put him in the place of a guy that is minus 9 and gets pushed around like a ping pong. he certainly cant be any worse than this:

larsen-lost.gif?w=748&h=419

Cringe worthy.... when I saw this happen at speed I was like... "Who is this guy and wtf is he doing"?... I started keeping an eye on him after that point in the game and oh man, he was not very good. Try taking the body instead of swinging your stick in the other guys general direction. Not an NHL level defensive move..... Get this guy out of the lineup. 

3 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I don't see how any warning from the NHL or visits from NHL should have any impact on the game or outcomes of the game from a disciplinary lens.  The head office watches all controversial plays and decides to make rulings or not regardless. The NHL wants its cake and to eat it too. Their interference with the Canucks right now should be seen as tampering, and the fact the NHL did not rule correctly on an obvious head shot has given the players no choice but to exact revenge in how they see fit. 

Very good point, but this is Bettman's NHL.

4 minutes ago, Slegr said:

I don't see how any warning from the NHL or visits from NHL should have any impact on the game or outcomes of the game from a disciplinary lens.  The head office watches all controversial plays and decides to make rulings or not regardless. The NHL wants its cake and to eat it too. Their interference with the Canucks right now should be seen as tampering, and the fact the NHL did not rule correctly on an obvious head shot has given the players no choice but to exact revenge in how they see fit. 

Yes - the overcompensation they're engaging in is a pretty clear indication that they know they both dropped the ball, and the Leafs have it coming.

2 minutes ago, 6YPE said:

Cringe worthy.... when I saw this happen at speed I was like... "Who is this guy and wtf is he doing"?... I started keeping an eye on him after that point in the game and oh man, he was not very good. Try taking the body instead of swinging your stick in the other guys general direction. Not an NHL level defensive move..... Get this guy out of the lineup. 

Biega is a much better defender than Larsen, who needs to be waived. Biega needs to get 18 games in to be available for the expansion draft and tomorrow needs to be one of them.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

Yes - the overcompensation they're engaging in is a pretty clear indication that they know they both dropped the ball, and the Leafs have it coming.

But also that there is collusion between Leafs management and the Department of Player Safety.

Just now, canuckledraggin said:

Biega is a much better defender than Larsen, who needs to be waived. Biega needs to get 18 games in to be available for the expansion draft and tomorrow needs to be one of them.

Biega deserves a game like this. He's all heart, whereas Larsen is a dead fish.

17 minutes ago, Slegr said:

They did the exact same thing with the Nazzy, Moore and Bertuzzi incident. You think they would have learned from THEIR MISTAKES. I hope the Canucks are keeping track of this crap for when they need to sue these idiots for causing this mess.

Confidential Notice:

This Saturday is yet another nationwide showcase of the Toronto Maples Leafs and their fantastic rebuild centered around their dynamic young superstars.  As such, the Vancouver Generals Canucks are expected to comply with all stated rules and also disregard any and all alleged blindside or headshot love-taps from Leaf players.  Should any Canucks player decide to seek or even threaten retribution, said criminal player shall receive significant suspension and the Vancouver franchise shall be heavily fined and will surrender a first-round draft pick to the Toronto franchise for each and every infraction.

As the Toronto Maple Leaf franchise is the recognized crown jewel of the NHL, we anticipate you will fully and happily embrace these circumstances and comply therein.

Stay safe and enjoy the game.

NHL

1 hour ago, Pete M said:

lol...hope the Canucks are ready to smash that Kool aid jug.

I don't think to much will happen..Guddy said today it was the heat of the moment and we want the 2 points.....there might be a scrap or two but I don't think it will spiral out of control...I agree Martin is tough..no one said he wasn't......he is a willing combatant..no doubt about it  but some of his fights have been less than stellar.....frankly I wanted MM on the Canucks as a free agent..still do..no getting away from having some sandpaper on the forward lines.

1 hour ago, EmilyM said:

Yeah, it'd be nice if THAT Pedan showed up, but do you reward a guy who is doing nothing in Utica on the offchance he might decide to show up if he's in the NHL instead?
I don't know, I say you give opportunities to the guys who show up to work every night.

wrong...first star last game..first game back from injury..some of his games are forgettable..but then again same can be said about Tanev..Hutton..etal.

Crosby fought somebody right away who blindside one of his teammates.  He is a leader.  Hansen was the only one who went after Kadri,   Guddy justs looks big and tough and didn't do much.  He only has 7 PIMS so far this season. 

I blame Management.  Ever since Keith took off Daniel's head.  They did not acquire 3/4 line players who are gritty, tough, can fight and fast.  INSTEAD, they pick up more average skilled midgets who will not drop the gloves because they are lovers-including Bo, not fighters.  More are on the way from the farm and juniors.  These types of players are play-off type players? 

Benny and Linden should know better.  

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'm enjoying the commentary immensely.

I'm afraid that the game will start out slowly because the league pukes are trying to suck the fun out of it.

Then that snivelling diver Kadri, will perform a double half twist somersault after someone brushes him.

This will cause everyone on the Canucks to lose their sh-t because they were already short handed when this puts them  in a five on three which they fail to kill.

Shortly thereafter Burr gets 5 and a game for spearing one of the BonJovi rays.

Laffs score two and its 3-0 in the first period.

In the second period Henrik says that's all I can stands, I can stands no more and then he proceeds to pound the tar out of Matt Martin.

Kadri happens to be standing next to Daniel, who proceeds to Gouge Kadri's eyeball, and then delivers 13 rabbit punches, while Kadri pleads to the refs for a penalty call.

Surprise call up Andry Pedan scores 2 goals while playing on the wing for the Sedins and the Canucks cruise to a 5-3 win.

Ron Mcclean calls out Burt for his spear and Twitchy just says "boys will be boys, I don't think it's suspendable, we've got good people over there at the league office.

I remember one time in Jr high when the principal called for everyone on our bus to meet in the gym, so he could give us a lecture in proper behaviour.

This kind of sounds familiar, except our bus was full of young teens; not full grown men.  NHL is soooooo bush league.

On 12/1/2016 at 5:43 PM, MJDDawg said:

This thread is too funny.

They'll fight on the first shift they're on together, throw a couple of punches then fall to the ice, and it's over.

CDC erupts with anger and 14 different threads are created before the game is 5 minutes old expressing angst at why Kadri isn't leaving in an ambulance. 

What do you want Guddy to do that won't get him suspended and won't hurt the team...

Thanks for the dose of reality but still killing the buzz. Not cool Buzz Killington.

Archived