The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The NHL is on high alert for Dec3 Leafs game.

ShakyWalton

1 hour ago, Mathew Barzal said:

I hope Gudbranson follows through on his threat. A message needs to be sent, whether we're punished for it or not. I'm ready for a bloodbath.

Yeah, here's the deal. IF it looks like there will be some questionable calls made (ie/ glancing blow that turns into a penalty), then we go full WMD. If we're gonna be called 2 for a slight call, then it may as well be a full on blow worthy of the 2. A small push that calls for the cross check may as well break an arm...same 2 minutes. Let's see how the first period plays out with the zebras, then go full metal jacket if we're getting jacked anyways.

I can already see it now, Gudbranson will lay a huge clean hit on one of the leafs star players (Nylander/Marner/Matthews) and he will be taken out of the game by the refs.

that will give Martin free will to do whatever against the Canucks once our deterrent is out of the game. 

as a message back to the nhl, we should recall Pedan on Friday just to &^@# with them. 

beat them on the score board

finish every check and don't back off

Take no penalties

Anything else is feeding into the Leafs, their  media goofs, and  whatever the NHL goofs name is Q................something something

52 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

There's a bit of ridiculousness going on here in Edmonton right now where a TSN 1260 morning guy by the name of Dustin Nielson tweeted out "time to run Kadri, don't care who does it" during the game on Tuesday night. There was the usual amount of feigned offense from Laff trolls (and calls for Bell media, owners of the leafs and TSN to fire his ass), but Nielson revealed this morning that leafs management actually filed a complaint to the league over it! In his own words, "don't these fools have anything better to do?" 

I've been loving the last couple of days of this. Leafies start raging at Neilson after his "someone has to run Kadri" tweet and he's chirping them right back. Then he issues an "official apology" on soundcloud that just rages them even more. 

I like Nielson. He's a fair-minded jerk. He takes shots at us sometimes, but then he'll do something like the "Stalking Conner" segments that just make me LOL. He took some heat for those segments locally because they poke fun at Messier. But he just keeps putting them out.

29 minutes ago, Silky mitts said:

if there isn't a crap load of violence and hits and slashes  from our end i'll be choked. Still want to see one of the prized rooks get dinged up .

Don't get your hopes up.  I predict a first shift fight between Gudbranson and Martin.  Nothing after that 

Would like to see if Guddy will live to what he said post game after the first meeting. It will be interesting whether he goes for a dance with Martin when they have their first shift with the both of them on the ice. It could get ugly early but rather the boys keep the hot run going and continue to put the puck in the back of net.

1 hour ago, ShakyWalton said:

Quintal will be in attendance as they are taking Gudbransons threat seriously....there will probably be a Canuck penalty every 2 minutes..god forbid we do anything to the leagues poster boys....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-gudbranson-threat-has-nhl-on-high-alert~1007593

Lol. Figures 

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

Related image

What Gudbranson said was in the locker room/hallway, reported by Leafs clingon media.

I just can't stop watching your post......."Your F'n Dead!".............I have said that before! LOL

I use to scream it! lol...............no camera's or reporters at my games! LOL

Good one Oldnews! GOOD ONE!

Meh.rarely does this type of game live up to the hype. But hype sells so que the "high alert" "both team have been warned" " the refs have strict instructions" blah blah we've heard it all a million times. 

Prediction an overall uneventful game with one fight and a couple hugging matches. and  I for one am fine with that. 

Archived