The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The NHL is on high alert for Dec3 Leafs game.

ShakyWalton

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

There is no doubt that Martin has the dimensions to cause damage, but to go after someone who isn't willing to scrap, but whom you outsize by a distinct margin is cowardice, pure and simple.

yes..it didnt look good but he knew what the reaction would be..he was on the bench for most of all the crap last game..and it was his way of saying come after me  instead of Kadri and some others..I think the buildup will exceed the actions..might be a fight or two but it better be Guddy fighting Martin because he will wipe the floor with anyone else..Martin is one of the toughest guys in the league...I wish he was on the Canucks..we need some of that bravado....but I also understand the anger from players and fans and Im Canuck all the way.

1 minute ago, ShakyWalton said:

yes..it didnt look good but he knew what the reaction would be..he was on the bench for most of all the crap last game..and it was his way of saying come after me  instead of Kadri and some others..I think the buildup will exceed the actions..might be a fight or two but it better be Guddy fighting Martin because he will wipe the floor with anyone else..Martin is one of the toughest guys in the league...I wish he was on the Canucks..we need some of that bravado....but I also understand the anger from players and fans and Im Canuck all the way.

I can't see it being anyone else but Gudbranson. It could be a great bout too. All these posters doubting Gudbranson's pugilistic capabilities are pretty ridiculous. He can handle Martin, no problem.

Hopefully players like LaBate, Pedan, and Stewart get real shots with the Canucks in the future to join the ranks of Gudbranson and Tryamkin as sizeable players making a difference on the roster, and not only from a physical standpoint. I could see Mackenzie Stewart being an absolute menace.

Other players like Boeser, Juolevi, Lockwood, and others will need to know that players will have their backs.

37 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Hahahahaha. The Leafs have Matt Martin who picks on small defensemen, and Kadri who delivers blindside hits to unsuspecting opponents. And they have talented, skilled waifs who like to lip sync to Bon Jovi.

If it comes down to a brawl and Gudbranson, Tryamkin, Sbisa, and LaBate are on the ice during somehow, the Leafs will be mulched.

How you think that the Leafs are the larger, stronger team is interesting, but odd.

I think you missed my point Phill, if the Canucks get into the sewer with the Leafs they lose in the Media. The Toronto stooges already have their post game crap written up to slag the Canucks, you beat them on the score board and ignore them like the filth they are you kick the eastern media in the nuts proper.

3 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Canucks fans want Gudbranson to go after and ragdoll Mitch Marner if Martin turns him down? Good to know.

the Canuck fans want the team to live out the fans fantacy of magically becoming the Broad Street Bullies even though the team does not resemble that team in any way.  Look above where 1 poster says Horvat, Sutter and even the Sdins can bring it. Tryamkin is huge but shows no signs of aggression, but how many times have we seen in this thread, "We'll just send Try out there to get Kadri, Mathews, Marner..."? 

Just now, ice orca said:

I think you missed my point Phill, if the Canucks get into the sewer with the Leafs they lose in the Media. The Toronto stooges already have their post game crap written up to slag the Canucks, you beat them on the score board and ignore them like the filth they are you kick the eastern media in the nuts proper.

Well when you put it that way, ice, I totally agree...200%. The continued vilification of the Canucks by the eastern media is a tired hymn that seems to still be sung en masse by the huddled masses worshipping at the TO altar.

My question. Is there anyone in the media (locally) who would ever stand up and call it out?.......Pfft......hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....oh man....what was I thinking.......hahahahahahahahaha.

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

I can't see it being anyone else but Gudbranson. It could be a great bout too. All these posters doubting Gudbranson's pugilistic capabilities are pretty ridiculous. He can handle Martin, no problem.

Hopefully players like LaBate, Pedan, and Stewart get real shots with the Canucks in the future to join the ranks of Gudbranson and Tryamkin as sizeable players making a difference on the roster, and not only from a physical standpoint. I could see Mackenzie Stewart being an absolute menace.

Other players like Boeser, Juolevi, Lockwood, and others will need to know that players will have their backs.

This is why Pedan should have been our 8th D this year instead of Biega..you could just slide him in when needed..Canucks missed the boat on this one..Pedan makes the team a legitimate heavyweight contender.

Matt Martin - big deal.  Laff fans think hes Bob Probert, and that other tough guys are afraid of him.  Hes a big oaf that uses his size, a dime o dozen in the history of tough guys.

Martin vs Gudbranson would probably look like the following.  Lots of missed punches and defensive fighting.  Even a much smaller Kevin Bieksa held his own against him.

Gudbranson shouldnt waste his knuckles on the big oaf's helmet.  The right thing to do would be to punish the leafian pretty choir boy smurfs.  Guys like Nylander. Marner and KaRATri, need to be plastered by big clean hits by Gudbranson and Tryamkin.

If a respected clean player like Sedin can be preyed upon by laff rats then their trophy boys should have a target on their back.

Call up Pedan too. I hope the meaner big hitting Gudbranson we saw in Florida comes out to play. Just to level the little Bit@hes.

2 minutes ago, lmm said:

the Canuck fans want the team to live out the fans fantacy of magically becoming the Broad Street Bullies even though the team does not resemble that team in any way.  Look above where 1 poster says Horvat, Sutter and even the Sdins can bring it. Tryamkin is huge but shows no signs of aggression, but how many times have we seen in this thread, "We'll just send Try out there to get Kadri, Mathews, Marner..."? 

This post is probably accurate, unless someone has a time machine and can go back to May 17th 1995 and bring back some Gino :D

5 minutes ago, J-Dizzle said:

This post is probably accurate, unless someone has a time machine and can go back to May 17th 1995 and bring back some Gino :D

Oh the good ol' days when a Canuck stuck up for his team mates and CALLED OUT THE WHOLE OPPOSING TEAM at the same time !!!! That and having the most electrifying player(Russian Rocket) on the team at the same time. Ho hum. :unsure:

1 minute ago, lmm said:

Yeah....I don't expect the Sedins to do much in the way of anything remotely physical. Sutter can manage himself in game situations and doesn't back down from being hit, and can hit, as proven against Arizona when he dealt OEL a hard hit.

Tryamkin could easily deal with all three of those players if given an opportunity to line them up for a hit. Marner would probably be injured purely based on the size differential. Tryamkin is a talented player, who may not have a defined mean streak, but is large enough that his size alone is a deterrent.

This Broad Street Bullies idea is garbage. Most fans would like to see the Canucks have a fully balanced team with a great mix of skill, speed, size, and heart combined with a real team based chemistry throughout the lineup. A team capable of altering their game to match their opponent.

1 minute ago, EdgarM said:

Oh the good ol' days when a Canuck stuck up for his team mates and CALLED OUT THE WHOLE OPPOSING TEAM at the same time !!!! That and having the most electrifying player(Russian Rocket) on the team at the same time. Ho hum. :unsure:

I admit that Im a repressed Canucks fan that wishes the team wouldnt be used as a doormat so many times.  part of the problem is our two top players take humiliating levels of abuse and hardly ever push back.  Its disheartening to watch.  You know what would be an epic moment for me? If Sedin dropped the gloves and punched Kadri in the head a dozen times - even if he loses the fight it would be a memorable moment in Canuck history.   But they dont have that in them, and I hope that whoever takes over the star role on this team in the future can at least stand up for themselves once in a while.  It will go a long way in instilling some pride in the team and in the fan base.

14 minutes ago, Darius71 said:

Matt Martin - big deal.  Laff fans think hes Bob Probert, and that other tough guys are afraid of him.  Hes a big oaf that uses his size, a dime o dozen in the history of tough guys.

Martin vs Gudbranson would probably look like the following.  Lots of missed punches and defensive fighting.  Even a much smaller Kevin Bieksa held his own against him.

Gudbranson shouldnt waste his knuckles on the big oaf's helmet.  The right thing to do would be to punish the leafian pretty choir boy smurfs.  Guys like Nylander. Marner and KaRATri, need to be plastered by big clean hits by Gudbranson and Tryamkin.

If a respected clean player like Sedin can be preyed upon by laff rats then their trophy boys should have a target on their back.

Call up Pedan too. I hope the meaner big hitting Gudbranson we saw in Florida comes out to play. Just to level the little Bit@hes.

But....but....Matt Martin is a monster who is clearly the most feared player on the ice! It's amazing how he went from a respected hitting machine to a dominant pugilist overnight. Hmmmmmm

1 minute ago, Darius71 said:

I admit that Im a repressed Canucks fan that wishes the team wouldnt be used as a doormat so many times.  part of the problem is our two top players take humiliating levels of abuse and hardly ever push back.  Its disheartening to watch.  You know what would be an epic moment for me? If Sedin dropped the gloves and punched Kadri in the head a dozen times - even if he loses the fight it would be a memorable moment in Canuck history.   But they dont have that in them, and I hope that whoever takes over the star role on this team in the future can at least stand up for themselves once in a while.  It will go a long way in instilling some pride in the team and in the fan base.

I agree. Nazzy was the same type of Captain. Great player and great embassador but not the type of player to lead you into war like Linden in 94'. My respect for the Sedin's would skyrocket if they just went all out just once and just lose their $##@ on someone, anyone.

59 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

This would be preferable. Lining up every Leaf possible and just leveling them as hard and cleanly as possible will set more of a tone than any fight.

Exactly.  Some people want Kadri and whoever else to eat fist, but what will really happen is one or two mediocre punches before the fight is broken up, followed by subsequent discipline for the Canuck involved.  Then we'll all be complaining about how the league is out to get us. 

On the other hand, if the Canucks just play the body cleanly all game, the leafs won't have anyone to turn to.  Every time Trymakin or Gud hits the ice you know they'll be checking over their shoulders.

Archived