The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Ducks @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

3 minutes ago, The Big Luongo said:

Burrows looked like he was a step behind all night so if I'm coaching I stack  line with Horvat, Baertschi and Sutter and give them most of the ice time all night especially seeing how bad the Sedins looked also.

It's difficult to get going when Burr only got roughly 7min by the end of the 2nd.  It's too irregular shifts and sitting on the bench for so long.  The Horvat line did not get any time through the first two periods.  It was all Granlund and the Sedins.

Someone just got on team 1040 and said that they need to make a block buster trade. The team either starts winning or they will stop paying. Like a big trade will change anything. All a big trade will do is set this team back for years. If they are lucky it might get them to the playoffs. 

Who are you going to trade?

People are idiots.

11 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Oh I agree we sucked. But how does our coach justify not putting what has been our most energetic and productive line (the Horvat line) on the ice for less than 15 minutes?

Not sure. Probably match ups. Bo had his chances tonight. The Sedins are still the 1 line. Bo could have maybe had 4 more shifts. Sure. Would that have won the game ? Maybe , maybe not. We pretend like having the Sedins out there is a ridiculous idea. Who scored the lone goal? Bo is not light years ahead. Last year it was " why are the Sedins only getting 15 minutes a game. 

I'm just sick of the coach nitpicking after each loss. Coaching change would most likely make zero difference 

Just now, wallstreetamigo said:

I hate to say it but the sharp turnaround in deployment actually almost feels to me like the Sedins and Willie are all resisting.

I agree.  WD is clearly deploying the twins to succeed in spite of their performance while refusing to put others in a position where they could actually compete to take the top line role away from them. 

Just now, cuporbust said:

Not sure. Probably match ups. Bo had his chances tonight. The Sedins are still the 1 line. Bo could have maybe had 4 more shifts. Sure. Would that have won the game ? Maybe , maybe not. We pretend like having the Sedins out there is a ridiculous idea. Who scored the lone goal? Bo is not light years ahead. 

I'm just sick of the coach nitpicking after each loss. Coaching change would most likely make zero difference 

WD just explained that he wanted to play the 4th line more and get Eriksson going to explain why the Horvat line got their toi scaled back.

1 minute ago, appleboy said:

Someone just got on team 1040 and said that they need to make a block buster trade. The team either starts winning or they will stop paying. Like a big trade will change anything. All a big trade will do is set this team back for years. If they are lucky it might get them to the playoffs. 

People are idiots.

That caller summed up a lot of the people who call in. Nothing but reactionary garbage. He probably kicks ass in NHL 17 Be a GM Mode and thinks it's anywhere close to reality.

Just now, coolboarder said:

If the Sedin doesn't do anything offensively on 5 on 3 situation for a long time, just don't use them anymore, use the shooters with one playmaker.   That's on the coach for not seeing that they aren't even doing anything for a while.

Why has our PP been so bad?Missing D who can find that seam and blast the puck (Ehrhoff,Salo), Someone who isn't afraid to screen the goalie and defect shots (Kesler). If the goalie can see, chances are he'll stop it. 

What a boring game compared to the last one. No energy and no might. I don't mind the team losing but please at least play with some energy at home. No wonder fans don't attend. The last 5 minutes was OK but the rest garbage. The Ducks are good but not that good. Need more urgency and can't wait for Hansen to be back.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

WD just explained that he wanted to play the 4th line more and get Eriksson going to explain why the Horvat line got their toi scaled back.

Well there ya go. I'm sure he has his reasons. In not looking at horvat s ice time personally , I'm looking at the overall suck

I mean holy crap , does the guy has to have a stopwatch out there? Playing Eriksson more makes sense to me 

2 minutes ago, appleboy said:

People are idiots.

I'm not sure a trade will do much to entice fans to the rink.  Maybe for a few games but they will soon realize, one player isn't going to be the answer.  Watching the Sedins do diddly squat for 20 minutes a game would certainly keep me from buying tickets if I lived in Vancouver.  The 4th line was 10X more exciting to watch than them tonight.  Ownership, Management and coaches need to realize that they are no longer the draw or face of this franchise and people are not going to pay to watch their swan song as first liners. 

11 minutes ago, mll said:

It's difficult to get going when Burr only got roughly 7min by the end of the 2nd.  It's too irregular shifts and sitting on the bench for so long.  The Horvat line did not get any time through the first two periods.  It was all Granlund and the Sedins.

Yes true I would have had that line out more than any other against a team like the Ducks the only thing I can think of is that he was mad about those brutally soft clearing attempts by Burrows that cost the team lots of defensive zone time and some very soft Baertschi turnovers but even still I find a way to have Horvat as our top minutes at forward regardless.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Perfect. When you're down 2-0, the first thought in your head is, "Hmm, maybe I could try my fourth line more."
I usually give Willie the benefit of the doubt, but I don't know what he was thinking tonight.

2 minutes ago, mll said:

So he sacrificed the team and a possible win to get Eriksson going?  The same Erkisson who has been on a scoring run lately?  Yeah...that makes sense. 

WD is over-coaching...constantly putting someone else with the twins to "get them going" when it is their play that is the problem.  Tonight sitting Bo to get Eriksson going...that's up to Eriksson, he's a seasoned vet FFS.

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Not sure how he keeps a straight face when he says that stuff. I guess it is all for the best as we need to draft high anyway. I just feel sorry for Bo. He looked frustrated in his interview.

4 minutes ago, crazycry said:

Why has our PP been so bad?Missing D who can find that seam and blast the puck (Ehrhoff,Salo), Someone who isn't afraid to screen the goalie and defect shots (Kesler). If the goalie can see, chances are he'll stop it. 

WE have those players...Steher and Horvat fill those roles but WD insists on playing the twins on the PP and they won't pass to Stecher often enough, preferring their delay tactics followed by an impossible pass and a turnover.

6 minutes ago, NHTyrany said:

What a boring game compared to the last one. No energy and no might. I don't mind the team losing but please at least play with some energy at home. No wonder fans don't attend. The last 5 minutes was OK but the rest garbage. The Ducks are good but not that good. Need more urgency and can't wait for Hansen to be back.

Yes more urgency, more Horvat, less Sedins and Larsen and having Hansen and Tanev back in the lineup give us a much better shot of winning this slack effort game.

Archived