The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Sedin 1000 Points Watch

rizzuto&hatoum

On 02/12/2016 at 2:21 PM, rizzuto&hatoum said:

Henrik needs 15 points to hit 1000. At 0.828 pts/g, he's likely to the milestone in about 18 games, which is sometimes in early January. He's one pt behind Leaf great Dave Keon, 3 behind Rick Middleton and 4 behind Paul Kariya (at 989). 

Daniel is 94th in all-time scoring at 956. Probably will hit 1000 at the end of the season. He's 2 pts behind Larry Robinson and 3 behind Kirk Muller. All these guys are/were great players.

At the same time, both Ovechkin and Crosby are also approaching 1000 pts. Typical Canucks luck, the Sedin's accomplishments will likely be overshadowed by others and they will not get the praise that they so deserve.

NHL.com has done three separate news stories in the last two weeks about Henrik so he is getting some love but I understand why you are saying this.  Their whole career they haven't got the face time they deserve in fact having subscribed to THN since the last twenty years or so and they never got the press they deserved. Mcdavid already has more cover issues...Heck Clarkson has one.  Mathews.  And recently half the issue is about the rookies in leafdoom.  All the same we know how great the twins are and that their names will eventually grace the rafters.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Unfortunately, I don't see Daniel hitting 1,000 before the end of this season. He needs 20 points in 12 games, an average of 1.67 points per game. My guess would be him hitting 1,000 points somewhere in the 10th game of next season.

Hope I'm wrong though, because it would be fitting to see both Sedins hitting 1,000 points in the same season.

2 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Unfortunately, I don't see Daniel hitting 1,000 before the end of this season. He needs 20 points in 12 games, an average of 1.67 points per game. My guess would be him hitting 1,000 points somewhere in the 10th game of next season.

Hope I'm wrong though, because it would be fitting to see both Sedins hitting 1,000 points in the same season.

I would like to see it happen this season, it would increase the possibility the twin retire after this season. They have been so good for so long, but time is catching them, not looking forward to next year as the memories of excellence will be tarnished imo.

On 3/18/2017 at 2:37 PM, gurn said:

I would like to see it happen this season, it would increase the possibility the twin retire after this season. They have been so good for so long, but time is catching them, not looking forward to next year as the memories of excellence will be tarnished imo.

i can't see daniel getting 18 points in 11 games. next year for sure. as a 3rd line next year, they should do fine. they will want to come back and show that they still can help this team. if they have another poor year, i would think, they will retire. their careers will always be defined by the main body of their work. much like markus naslund.

27 minutes ago, smithers joe said:

i can't see daniel getting 18 points in 11 games. next year for sure. as a 3rd line next year, they should do fine. they will want to come back and show that they still can help this team. if they have another poor year, i would think, they will retire. their careers will always be defined by the main body of their work. much like markus naslund.

This forum will be a hard place to come to, if the twins have a worse year next season. Too many "what have you done for me lately" folk. :(

9 minutes ago, gurn said:

This forum will be a hard place to come to, if the twins have a worse year next season. Too many "what have you done for me lately" folk. :(

this is a hard place to come to, every time the canuck decisions differ from fan's opinions. when gordie howe played into his 40's, his skill had declined but his smarts let him help the team. the sedins will help this team, just not to the extent that they have before.  i see them helping young guys like dahlen, goldobin and virtanen. they might decide to split them up and ply them with a young guy and a defensively strong players. i've said before, that they may have to, re-invent themselves as personal tutors. if people turn on them, then shame on them.

• 6 months later...

Archived