The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Sedin 1000 Points Watch

rizzuto&hatoum

• 2 weeks later...

So is Aquaman and the organization going to give Danny and Hank their Viking Clap? After they bailed on Henrik's request when he achieved his own milestone? The Sedins don't ask for much, so I found it lazy and frankly disrespectful when they couldn't manage to organize a simple on ice Viking Clap for Henrik after hinting that they might.

How hard would it be to take a few minutes, even in a commercial break if they had to (we could still watch the clip later), and get Fin out there with his drum to lead the crowd. Do it for both brothers at once, when Danny gets his 1000th. It would be awesome, and a fitting tribute that they could both get a great memory of.

There should be a petition or something for them if the Canucks management are too petty to do it on their own.

46 minutes ago, kilgore said:

So is Aquaman and the organization going to give Danny and Hank their Viking Clap? After they bailed on Henrik's request when he achieved his own milestone? The Sedins don't ask for much, so I found it lazy and frankly disrespectful when they couldn't manage to organize a simple on ice Viking Clap for Henrik after hinting that they might.

How hard would it be to take a few minutes, even in a commercial break if they had to (we could still watch the clip later), and get Fin out there with his drum to lead the crowd. Do it for both brothers at once, when Danny gets his 1000th. It would be awesome, and a fitting tribute that they could both get a great memory of.

There should be a petition or something for them if the Canucks management are too petty to do it on their own.

I'm confused and apologize ahead of time for being naive, did Henrik actually ask to have a Viking Clap or was it just picked up by the media and just went from there?

51 minutes ago, kilgore said:

It's too loud and may disrupt people from their social medias. Can't have that....

2 hours ago, IBatch said:

I'm confused and apologize ahead of time for being naive, did Henrik actually ask to have a Viking Clap or was it just picked up by the media and just went from there?

When he was asked about the milestone night coming up, Hank said that he thought the clap was cool and thought it would be a great way to celebrate the 1000th point. While it was never a formal request, I saw the interview and I interrupted it has him hinting it would be the coolest way to salute his achievement.

I was bothered when it didn't happen, but did find everyone singing Journey far after play continued to be pretty cool.

2000 points, wow. The two are one. Essentially they got paid just slightly more than a single player, still 2/3 thirds of a line that garnered 2000 points is a record I am sure, well there is Gretzky and whoever he played with.

Now maybe once he reaches the 1000 point mark, they agree to be traded to a cup contender and the team can then re-sign them next season for the swan song.

I was hoping that Daniel would retire with 400 goals and 1000+ points but it doesn't look like 400 goals is going to happen. 

It will feel good when he hits 1000 pts. And it will be a sad day when they finally decide to retire. 

Archived