The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Sedin 1000 Points Watch

rizzuto&hatoum

The name of this thread needs to be changed to a tribute thread. 

It's hard to imagine these guys getting to where they back when they had Klatt as their wing. With all due respect to Linden and Naslund, to me the Sedins meant more to me as a Canucks fan than any other player to ever suit up for the Canucks. When I look at star athletes and the arrogance that surrounds them, it makes me even more appreciative that I get to cheer them on. Even now these guys are showing their leadership in a diminished role by not complaining, still being effective and answering the tough media questions for when they lose. Me personally, I am going to sink in and enjoy as much of the Sedin's play this year as possible because when they retire, there will never be any players like them again. Twins...All Stars...Leaders...It's like Halley's Comet. Best thing Burke ever did for the Canucks.

87th player to join the 1000 point club, only 6 active in the NHL right now, wait make that 7. Jagr, Thorton, Marleau, Ovechkin, Crosby, H.Sedin, D.Sedin. He could even crack the top 80 all time this season. Top 60 by end of career depending on how long he continues to play. Congrats Daniel!

13 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

Congratulations to Daniel for a career which was an amazing one.

Together with his brother he revolutionized the NHL and the way the cycle game worked.

And he gave the fans in Vancouver a real treat.

They don't get enough credit for their innovations to the game. The changed created the modern cycle game and basically invented the slap pass. There are other things too I imagine. 

Archived