The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Patrick OSullivan Rips on Vancouver -The Franchise,City,Fans

WestlockWarrior

3 minutes ago, Chris12345 said:

I can't disagree with him. Burrows and Cooke were/are embarrassing.

What Burrows said to him was a disgrace. The reality is whether you like Patrick or not he was a real NHL player who has a good prespective.

Think about it....what kind of man pulls hair and bites. That's a disgrace.

I agree that Burr stepped over the line with that comment.  Pulling hair is silly, but I think if someone stuffed their glove in my mouth, I'd bite it too.

I don't know why he's complaining about Cooke (who left the team in 2008), as he didn't start getting dirty until after he left the Canucks.

Bringing up Dorsett?  Really?  I'm not getting that.

He's talking mostly about the team  5yrs ago, which is hardly recognizable today.   One could pick apart any team in the league and find a dirty or nasty player.  I suggest he picked Vancouver because it's very vocal and large fan base.

Me thinks he's got a book coming up and gleaming some attention for it.  Looks like it's working for him.

1 minute ago, higgyfan said:

I agree that Burr stepped over the line with that comment.  Pulling hair is silly, but I think if someone stuffed their glove in my mouth, I'd bite it too.

I don't know why he's complaining about Cooke (who left the team in 2008), as he didn't start getting dirty until after he left the Canucks.

Bringing up Dorsett?  Really?  I'm not getting that.

He's talking mostly about the team  5yrs ago, which is hardly recognizable today.   One could pick apart any team in the league and find a dirty or nasty player.  I suggest he picked Vancouver because it's very vocal and large fan base.

Me thinks he's got a book coming up and gleaming some attention for it.  Looks like it's working for him.

Lots of valid points there. 

There's no question about it he's (Patrick) going for attention. Definitely has a personal interest there whether it be a book or more air time.

It's his audition tape for CBC and Ron McLean job. 

I remember when men played hockey now it seems more and more off these thin skinned whinny baby "he almost pushed me" types are the norm.

He should friend Steve Moore on face book then they could have a good you know what he said to me b fest and hug it out. 

Like he never said anything or did anything to another player in his time. Just another limelight loser. 

1 hour ago, combover said:

It's his audition tape for CBC and Ron McLean job. 

I remember when men played hockey now it seems more and more off these thin skinned whinny baby "he almost pushed me" types are the norm.

He should friend Steve Moore on face book then they could have a good you know what he said to me b fest and hug it out. 

Like he never said anything or did anything to another player in his time. Just another limelight loser. 

Grassroots hockey is being priced out of the hands of the average Canadian family thus a dwindling pool of players from which talent will rise to the top.  Undoubtedly more McDavid's out there that for many reasons will never lace them up. 

As a kid in elementary school the nuns strapped me everyday. That's just the way things were back then. If my old man was sober enough he would bully me.

This went on till I got big enough to defend myself.

Not really feeling sorry for myself, in fact I turned okay. Everyone has a story, just wondering why Mr O'Sullivan's lingers so.

TO media really needs to give it a rest and let the story die of natural causes.

6 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Don't deflect the point. I am addressing the poster's remark. Keep up or get off.

OK bud, I'll remember that when you quote someone who is not the original poster that your remark is for the original poster....smh

16 hours ago, alfstonker said:

Utter infantile BS. You really think taking the time to look into a player's childhood abuse and then using that to bait him in a game is amazing? 

Burr never backed his plays and that makes him a lesser man for me. Kesler was a bit the same but not as bad. Lapierre was another one. Torres with his cheap shots.

Fair play though he probably crossed the line like I said with the abuse part. The motivation behind his antics is what I applaud and the tell Kelly I said hi is harmless.

Mark Messier as much as he is hated around here as a dirty cheap $&!# artist is one of the great players in most hockey people's eyes because of the same competitive nature of doing whatever it takes to win.

He crossed the line many times too. 

7 hours ago, Rocky Balboa said:

Any kid who grew up in the 70s 80s felt the hand of Dad.

Honestly if it wasn't for that fear, I'd probably in prison now or a big wimpy pan$y. 

He needs to grow a pair and shut the front door. 

Haha or how about mom? My mom was crazy, wooden spoons, bar of soap in the mouth full out chasing me with a coat hanger around the house. 

O'Sullivan is a jerk and a whiner.

He seems to be constantly looking for publicity and PR... and what easier way to get it than to be in Toronto and to badmouth Vancouver.

Well we all know how entitled Toronto as a franchise is...  they are a complete failure.... worse than the Canucks by a large margin if you take 1970 as the starting point.  Vancouver has been to the finals three times since then... the Leafs none... the Canucks have a much better record of making the playoffs.... that despite the fact Toronto is the richest franchise in the league.

The Leafs are a destructive force in the NHL, preventing expansion in Hamilton when that should be a gimme... just to monopolize 1/3 of Canada's population for their own ticket sales... how can Hamilton be refused a franchise, when Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg are allowed one?  Hamilton can draw from a large fan base than any of these.

Toronto owners are self-entitled boors who think the world should grant them a free pass.

Leafs fans are just not smart enough to know they are being sold a bill of goods.

And O'Sullivan specializes in sucking up to that same deluded fan base.

3 hours ago, *Buzzsaw* said:

The Leafs are a destructive force in the NHL, preventing expansion in Hamilton when that should be a gimme... just to monopolize 1/3 of Canada's population for their own ticket sales... how can Hamilton be refused a franchise, when Calgary, Edmonton and Winnipeg are allowed one?  Hamilton can draw from a large fan base than any of these.

The Leafs also had a hand in Vancouver not being granted a team in the original 1967 expansion because apparently all of English Canada is the Leafs market.

Its what the Leafs do. Entitlement and insufferability. And yet they think the disdain people have for them is because of how big they are. The Habs and Wings are right up there with them, and yet somehow don't receive hatred on the same level as the Leafs, despite the Leafs being terrible forever. I wonder why that is. 

Archived