The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Linden Q&A (stetcher comments)

Off_The_Schneid!

8 minutes ago, Pears said:

I have no problem with Miller coming back for one more year to help ease Markstrom into the starting role. He'd also allow us to have Demko as the full time #1 in Utica for a season. 

Depends how Markstrom looks during the second half of the season, but I generally agree. The question is will Miller be happy with only a 1 year deal?

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Depends how Markstrom looks during the second half of the season, but I generally agree. The question is will Miller be happy with only a 1 year deal?

I'd think so. Miller probably doesn't have many years left and I doubt teams would offer a multi year contract. 

2 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Millers still a solid goalie and a number 1 on a contender with solid defense... I'm sure he knows that too and he's still fairly on top of his game. Something tells me he'll of had enough of playing behind a rebuilding team after this year and sign with a competitive team.

1 hour ago, TheOgRook said:

Op to lazy to post the article?  Thanks GB appreciate the effort!

Yup.

OP = +2 rep points.

Green Building = +13 (and counting).

Moral of this story? Post an excerpt of the article when creating a thread.

Concerning that he says they're not willing to "tear it down" because he'd feel bad for the Sedins. That tells me they aren't willing to properly rebuild until the Sedins are gone and we're officially dead last every year. 

That would be the worst thing for the Canucks because Bo would go through his prime without a proper supporting cast.

34 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

Yup.

OP = +2 rep points.

Green Building = +13 (and counting).

Moral of this story? Post an excerpt of the article when creating a thread.

You have over 20k posts and only 6700 rep points. What does that say about your constant whining Regarding Rules? What is the moral of the story there? 

Who cares? @Green Buildinghelped him out. Moral of the story is "help a guy out"

It says my posts are often too long for people who aren't interested to read them. Is this some sort of popularity contest I have to win or forfeit my life?

I said kudos to Green Building for posting after the OP failed to do so. You're just here to comment on me, try to stay on topic.

9 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

You have over 20k posts and only 6700 rep points. What does that say about your constant whining Regarding Rules? What is the moral of the story there? 

Who cares? @Green Buildinghelped him out. Moral of the story is "help a guy out"

I appreciate when people offer interview bullet points before I listen to the clips or read through the thread. It saves me time that I'll happily waste somewhere else.

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Do not be a mini-mod. Spamming the rules and telling people you have reported them will be considered trolling.

I think he gets off on it honestly

2 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

I'd ride my bike every day all year if i didn't have 4 feet of snow for 6 months of the year and no bike lanes. Getting this kind of praise for utilizing an upper class privelage is kinda silly. A thirty minute bike ride to an aspiring pro hockey player is just a warm up.

Stecher choose to ride his bike to work out even he could of taken the public transit to get to the Arena, which goes to show how much work he is willing to put forth to make himself a better player physically. Doing professional hockey work outs is not like hitting the gym every Friday night for some fun but it is intense training. The fact that Stecher was willing to bike to and from there for a total of an extra hour a day of physical work is impressive to me. Trolls like you will never understand.

2 hours ago, Pears said:

I have no problem with Miller coming back for one more year to help ease Markstrom into the starting role. He'd also allow us to have Demko as the full time #1 in Utica for a season. 

If Miller wants to take a 1 year deal with a 55-60% pay-cut ,  I'd be okay with that too.

3 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

The Juolevi Stecher PP combo will be illegal in 8 provinces and banned competely in the US. Too deadly and lethal for the NHL. The Canucks will need full military training for its usage...

You forgor about Horvat to Boeser up front. 

3 hours ago, IbanezRG said:

I'd ride my bike every day all year if i didn't have 4 feet of snow for 6 months of the year and no bike lanes. Getting this kind of praise for utilizing an upper class privelage is kinda silly. A thirty minute bike ride to an aspiring pro hockey player is just a warm up.

What a pointless comment.

It's real easy to say you'd ride to and from a grueling, NHL workout that made you puke but doing it's another thing all together.  Armchair workouts are easy to promise.   The ride to the rink might not be a big deal but riding home afterward?  Signs of absolute commitment and dedication.

To be negative about this is so mind boggling.  In this day and age of "privilege" and entitlement, to see a young guy finding a way to get it done is refreshing and is worthy of praise. I am baffled by a need to denounce it.  

Most would find reasons (excuses) to not show up.  Like....snow and a lack of bike lanes.

I, for one, want a kid like this on the team.....one who wants to play so bad he doesn't look for excuses when presented with obstacles.  Attitude and work ethic are HUGE components of success.  And this kind of heart and determination that we're seeing here reminds me of another favourite who also just found a way to make it here. 

Stecher's become an instant favourite and it's for a reason.  It all comes shining through in how he plays.

23 minutes ago, Harvey Spector said:

La Bamba warming up and practicing to be a mod. When are they gonna give you the green light and who are you going to ban first? 

Never did get a response haha. I wouldn't ban anyone. I'm all about freedom. 

Archived