The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Trading the Sedins couple ideas.

To Nash

the Sedins 50% retained age 36 signed through 2018 7m ufa

To Van

James Neil age 31 signed through 2018 5m ufa

2nd rnd pick 2017+2018

Vladislav Kamenev

Talent Analysis

Kamenev is a fluid skating center with an excellent set of hands. He is an interesting prospect with size, the ability to use his body to advantage, and significant puck skills. The native of Orsk, Russia is effective along the boards and in front of the crease. He has a good shot, but is not a goal-scorer, playing more of a pass-first type of game. Kamenev has a determined work ethic and is disciplined in terms of avoiding unnecessary penalties.

Kamenev has size and a high skill level and plays with a determination that some liken to countryman Valeri Nichushkin (DAL). A team leader who was the captain for the Russia U18 team in 2013-14, Kamenev should continue to improve as he matures physically and further develops his skating ability while learning the finer points of positional play. 

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/vladislav-kamenev/#XReiUhcAglMjCurw.99

and from The Hockey News

SCOUTING REPORT

ASSETS:
Has NHL size (6-2) and high-end talent. Can score goals in bunches and is a dynamic game breaker. Is hard to knock off the puck and can also create offense for his linemates effectively.
FLAWS:
Must work harder on the ice, since he has a tendency to check out mentally from time to time. Also needs to work on his play when he doesn't have the puck, especially in his own end.
CAREER POTENTIAL:
Talented, versatile offensive forward with good upside.

Why Nashville does this..? The Sedins would be perfect line mates and mentors for 22 yearly budding super star Filp Forsberg who plays a more skilled Hansenesque game. Alternatively they would make a potent second line along side 23 yearold fellow countryman Viktor Arvidsson. They would surely get a very good couple of kicks at the can in Nashville. The Preds are quite heavy with young Swedes on their roster with the aforementioned Forsberg, Avridsson, Aberg, Jarnkrok, Ekholm, Granberg. Nashville is in a compete now position they have the team makeup and cap space to make a deal like this and run with it. 

Why Nux do this...?

Neil on Horvats wing makes me salivate he's a bang and crash power forward who can bury the biscuit with the best of them. Kamenev makes me completely forget about Mcann. Has the potential to become a good 2nd line centre but wouldn't be hurt by having to work his way up from the 4th line and develop slowly. The 2nd round picks give Benning more trade fodder he loves dealing those. Or alternatively dig a couple of gems out of the draft. 

Trade option # 2

To NYR

The Sedins. 50% retained

To Van

Rick Nash

Pavel Buchnevich

2nd round pic

Why we do this..... Rick Nash is the type of vet that Bo and Virtanen could really learn a lot from. He's maybe past his prime but so are the Sedins. As long as the Sedins are here this will be their team the PP will always run through them which has been completely toothless. They are too slow to be used in anything other than an offensive role they get their doors blown off every time the rush starts heading towards our end all they can do is get off the ice so that the Bo and Sutter lines can come over the boards and try to retrieve the puck and get play going north again and hand it back off to the Sedins rinse repeat. I don't see this as an effective way to develop players into future stars by forcing them to shelter the Sedins in their old age. Pavel Buchnevich is a very good young player oozing offensive skill and speed.

New Lineup

Bae Bo Nash

Buchnevich Sutter Erikson

Virtanen Granlund Hansen

Burr Gaunce Dors

I would argue that this line up is superior to having the Sedins, as the top 3 lines will be able to play in all situations and develop the right way. I would much rather trodd this lineup out against the big fast Cali teams than our current lineup.

Why NYR do this? It's no secret that AV and Nash haven't always been eye to eye. AV is very familiar with the Sedins and nobody has ever been able to exploit their gifts as well as AV has. NYR is in a win now state and the Sedins at 50% retained would put them over the top.  They could literally roll 4 lines of players averaging over .60 ppg combine that with their goaltending and active D I don't think there are many teams who could stuff that offensive onslaught.

The Sedins waive to go there and win a cup with King Henrik. Knowing that AV will deploy them to their strenghts.  Everybody goes home happy.

Remember this is just for fun I'm not actually for or expecting the Sedins to be dealt. Flame away!!!

THERE IS ZERO... ZERO... ZERO... ZERO CHANCE THEY GET TRADED THIS YEAR!

End... of... story.

Why? Because their freaking HOME is here. Their kids go to school here. If they do accept a trade it will be at the 2018 trade deadline because, it means they don't need to move. They will simply play 2-3 months of hockey elsewhere, and they can treat it as if it is "away games" and live in a hotel for those 2-3 months/bring the family with them as a vacation. This also means no training camp at the other place etc. They won't uproot their kids for an entire full year though.

So yeah, zero chance and I mean 0%, not even 0.00000001% chance that the Sedins will get traded this year.

pass...

If Horvat + Baertschi develop to become a viable top 6 line then it'd be nice to have the Sedin line + Horvat line + a Suter line to be the final 1-2-3 punch that we've been hoping for years.

That and they are signed for next year so it'd be hard for a team to fit 7-14m and 2 contracts on their team for next year as well... Then you have the expansion draft which I doubt the would want to expose or have to protect the Sedins for that...

Makes more sense to have a go at it next year and see if they want to be moved out at the trade deadline where their cap is pro-rated and retained so that many cup contending teams can fit them under.

2 hours ago, hammertime said:

To Nash

the Sedins 50% retained age 36 signed through 2018 7m ufa

To Van

James Neil age 31 signed through 2018 5m ufa

2nd rnd pick 2017+2018

Vladislav Kamenev

Talent Analysis

Kamenev is a fluid skating center with an excellent set of hands. He is an interesting prospect with size, the ability to use his body to advantage, and significant puck skills. The native of Orsk, Russia is effective along the boards and in front of the crease. He has a good shot, but is not a goal-scorer, playing more of a pass-first type of game. Kamenev has a determined work ethic and is disciplined in terms of avoiding unnecessary penalties.

Kamenev has size and a high skill level and plays with a determination that some liken to countryman Valeri Nichushkin (DAL). A team leader who was the captain for the Russia U18 team in 2013-14, Kamenev should continue to improve as he matures physically and further develops his skating ability while learning the finer points of positional play. 

Read more at http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/vladislav-kamenev/#XReiUhcAglMjCurw.99

and from The Hockey News

SCOUTING REPORT

ASSETS:
Has NHL size (6-2) and high-end talent. Can score goals in bunches and is a dynamic game breaker. Is hard to knock off the puck and can also create offense for his linemates effectively.
FLAWS:
Must work harder on the ice, since he has a tendency to check out mentally from time to time. Also needs to work on his play when he doesn't have the puck, especially in his own end.
CAREER POTENTIAL:
Talented, versatile offensive forward with good upside.

Why Nashville does this..? The Sedins would be perfect line mates and mentors for 22 yearly budding super star Filp Forsberg who plays a more skilled Hansenesque game. Alternatively they would make a potent second line along side 23 yearold fellow countryman Viktor Arvidsson. They would surely get a very good couple of kicks at the can in Nashville. The Preds are quite heavy with young Swedes on their roster with the aforementioned Forsberg, Avridsson, Aberg, Jarnkrok, Ekholm, Granberg. Nashville is in a compete now position they have the team makeup and cap space to make a deal like this and run with it. 

Why Nux do this...?

Neil on Horvats wing makes me salivate he's a bang and crash power forward who can bury the biscuit with the best of them. Kamenev makes me completely forget about Mcann. Has the potential to become a good 2nd line centre but wouldn't be hurt by having to work his way up from the 4th line and develop slowly. The 2nd round picks give Benning more trade fodder he loves dealing those. Or alternatively dig a couple of gems out of the draft. 

Trade option # 2

To NYR

The Sedins. 50% retained

To Van

Rick Nash

Pavel Buchnevich

2nd round pic

Why we do this..... Rick Nash is the type of vet that Bo and Virtanen could really learn a lot from. He's maybe past his prime but so are the Sedins. As long as the Sedins are here this will be their team the PP will always run through them which has been completely toothless. They are too slow to be used in anything other than an offensive role they get their doors blown off every time the rush starts heading towards our end all they can do is get off the ice so that the Bo and Sutter lines can come over the boards and try to retrieve the puck and get play going north again and hand it back off to the Sedins rinse repeat. I don't see this as an effective way to develop players into future stars by forcing them to shelter the Sedins in their old age. Pavel Buchnevich is a very good young player oozing offensive skill and speed.

New Lineup

Bae Bo Nash

Buchnevich Sutter Erikson

Virtanen Granlund Hansen

Burr Gaunce Dors

I would argue that this line up is superior to having the Sedins, as the top 3 lines will be able to play in all situations and develop the right way. I would much rather trodd this lineup out against the big fast Cali teams than our current lineup.

Why NYR do this? It's no secret that AV and Nash haven't always been eye to eye. AV is very familiar with the Sedins and nobody has ever been able to exploit their gifts as well as AV has. NYR is in a win now state and the Sedins at 50% retained would put them over the top.  They could literally roll 4 lines of players averaging over .60 ppg combine that with their goaltending and active D I don't think there are many teams who could stuff that offensive onslaught.

The Sedins waive to go there and win a cup with King Henrik. Knowing that AV will deploy them to their strenghts.  Everybody goes home happy.

Remember this is just for fun I'm not actually for or expecting the Sedins to be dealt. Flame away!!!

•  

write 10 detailed pages on this if you wish

the sedins will not be traded

they will retire as canucks and this will be the only nhl team they play for

they have no movement clauses

they will not waive them

3 hours ago, hammertime said:

Not serious at all just having fun fully aware they are not being traded but if they were I would be looking at deals like this.

Typing all that out is 'fun'? The point of proposals is to make something half-way plausible. Why bother if they aren't deals that'll ever happen?

Anyway, let's leave any possible talk of a Sedin trade (which has next to nil chance of ever happening at this point) until the trade deadline next season.

20 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

I think if we do trade them would be to someone like the Rangers and to those that say NO they will not be traded well the greatest player was and our best Bure was  and Linden was which everyone here was shocked

It can and might happen

Trading both Sedins both NMC's in a salary cap world with an upcoming expansion draft is infinitely more difficult than either of your examples.  Almost impossible. 

39 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

no it is not if we take someone back with a contract like Nash and pay part so do not think it is

Why would the rangers trade for the Sedins? That's a serious overhaul for a team that's already scoring by the bucketload. And there's no guarantee that they'll be a better team after the trade. The same could be said of any team that the twins might consider waiving for. Any top team isn't going to upset their chemistry by completely overhauling their top 6. And that's not even taking into consideration that any team trading for the twins will instantly lose two of their valuable protected slots in the expansion draft. 

4 hours ago, elvis15 said:

Typing all that out is 'fun'? The point of proposals is to make something half-way plausible. Why bother if they aren't deals that'll ever happen?

Anyway, let's leave any possible talk of a Sedin trade (which has next to nil chance of ever happening at this point) until the trade deadline next season.

Because it's Saturday and real life is actually stressful. Some people relax in different ways. For me I ponder the implausable. Or I could go talk to my wife for an hour about what colour drapes we should get? Which would inevitably turn into a conversation about how I'm from Mars and she's from Venus. Seems easier to trade the Sedins honestly. 

7 hours ago, Fateless said:

Linden just gave ANOTHER interview stating they will be retiring here. Why waste your time thinking about stuff that will never happen? The only way the Sedins are leaving the Canucks is when they decide to leave.

Linden has never lied to us before

amirite? 

Sedis are the franchise they will never leave.... don't think submit to the will of the all mighty Sedins. Anyone can be traded bud. just bouncing around a thought thanks for the minus though and your constructive criticism.

1 hour ago, hammertime said:

Because it's Saturday and real life is actually stressful. Some people relax in different ways. For me I ponder the implausable. Or I could go talk to my wife for an hour about what colour drapes we should get? Which would inevitably turn into a conversation about how I'm from Mars and she's from Venus. Seems easier to trade the Sedins honestly. 

Maybe, but your wife will still want to talk about those drapes. You're just delaying the inevitable.

On 12/3/2016 at 11:04 PM, qwijibo said:

Why would the rangers trade for the Sedins? That's a serious overhaul for a team that's already scoring by the bucketload. And there's no guarantee that they'll be a better team after the trade. The same could be said of any team that the twins might consider waiving for. Any top team isn't going to upset their chemistry by completely overhauling their top 6. And that's not even taking into consideration that any team trading for the twins will instantly lose two of their valuable protected slots in the expansion draft. 

wow I give an example and you write an essay on why it wouldn't work

other teams will and would do the same thing

Archived