The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[proposal] Trading the Sedins couple ideas.

well when teams think they have a legitimate shot at a cup and want a one up on other teams they will give away what they can and most years we see teams at the TDL do that,or teams with a season's ending injury to a star will make the move and have so I do not think you watched enough hockey to see this.

1 hour ago, cripplereh said:

well when teams think they have a legitimate shot at a cup and want a one up on other teams they will give away what they can and most years we see teams at the TDL do that,or teams with a season's ending injury to a star will make the move and have so I do not think you watched enough hockey to see this.

You're assuming that Montreal would see the Sedins as the missing pieces to becoming a cup favourite. Or you're assuming Galchenyuk is out for the season.  I doubt either is true. Regardless. You keep dreaming. You're probably one of those guys that thought Vrbata was going to be traded for huge returns last season. 

^^^ I don't really see MTL as a good landing spot for the Sedins however since we can only protect one of Baer Granlund. With Galchenyuk injured and their expressed desire for LSD for Weber. something along the lines of.

Edler + Granlund

for

Emelin + De La Rose + 1st + additional 2nd if they make con finals. 

All depends on how desperate they are to make the post season. Those fans are probably going nuts after dominating the league for the better half of last season and collapsing so hard after loosing price they missed the show. If there are any fans in the league that are more mentally unstable than Canucks fans its Habs fans. They will be demanding moves and big ones. 

17 minutes ago, hammertime said:

^^^ I don't really see MTL as a good landing spot for the Sedins however since we can only protect one of Baer Granlund. With Galchenyuk injured and their expressed desire for LSD for Weber. something along the lines of.

Edler + Granlund

for

Emelin + De La Rose + 1st + additional 2nd if they make con finals. 

All depends on how desperate they are to make the post season. Those fans are probably going nuts after dominating the league for the better half of last season and collapsing so hard after loosing price they missed the show. If there are any fans in the league that are more mentally unstable than Canucks fans its Habs fans. They will be demanding moves and big ones. 

There's no word on how long Galchenyuk will be out. Could just be a few weeks. And if they're going to make a move in the short term it's not going to be for a player who is out the next 4-6 weeks (Edler)     

24 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

There's no word on how long Galchenyuk will be out. Could just be a few weeks. And if they're going to make a move in the short term it's not going to be for a player who is out the next 4-6 weeks (Edler)     

I imagine they will be waiting a bit on making any sort of deal to alleviate the loss of Galchenyuk to see where their at and what his actual time line is. It was more of a post xmas break shot in the dark I took as Montreal was brought up. The major moving piece there is Edler who would fill an actual need for them Granlund is just a bandaid I would assume Plekanec and Desharnais both slide up leaving them with a temp hole at 3C. Highly doubt they go out and acquire a 1c.

2 minutes ago, hammertime said:

I imagine they will be waiting a bit on making any sort of deal to alleviate the loss of Galchenyuk to see where their at and what his actual time line is. It was more of a post xmas break shot in the dark I took as Montreal was brought up. The major moving piece there is Edler who would fill and actual need for them Granlund is just a bandaid I would assume Plekanec and Desharnais both slide up leaving them with a temp hole at 3C. Highly doubt they go out and acquire a 1c.

Even before Galchenyuk got hurt Montreal's biggest need was a 2C. A healthy Edler isn't a bad option fir Montreal but Emelin has been very good beside Weber. I'd think they'd still look to bolster their depth down the middle before worrying about an upgrade on Emelin. Who knows. Be interesting to see how things play out. 

24 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Even before Galchenyuk got hurt Montreal's biggest need was a 2C. A healthy Edler isn't a bad option fir Montreal but Emelin has been very good beside Weber. I'd think they'd still look to bolster their depth down the middle before worrying about an upgrade on Emelin. Who knows. Be interesting to see how things play out. 

Has he really? Emelin has 4 points...... Weber 18............ dat chemistry doh!

You would think he would be picking up a few more gimmies playing with that firepower. 

13 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Has he really? Emelin has 4 points...... Weber 18............ dat chemistry doh!

You would think he would be picking up a few more gimmies playing with that firepower. 

Most of weber's points have come on the power play. Markov slots in beside Weber on the power play. Emelin has been very strong defensively and has been doling out the hits 

3 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

Most of weber's points have come on the power play. Markov slots in beside Weber on the power play. Emelin has been very strong defensively and has been doling out the hits 

Your not wrong! Emelin has done just that. Its no secret though MTL is looking for a more suitable LSD for Weber to play with though. You gotta think Edler would give Weber more time and space than Emelin if teams ignore Edlers shot he's gonna make you pay far more than playing alongside the muffin man Tanev. 

14 minutes ago, hammertime said:

Your not wrong! Emelin has done just that. Its no secret though MTL is looking for a more suitable LSD for Weber to play with though. You gotta think Edler would give Weber more time and space than Emelin if teams ignore Edlers shot he's gonna make you pay far more than playing alongside the muffin man Tanev. 

Like I said. A healthy Edler probably isn't a bad option for Montreal beside Weber. But unless Plekanec finds his game, finding someone to play 2C is the bigger need. Emelin had played  some of his best hockey this season. Plekanec has not. I think we're actually agreeing in principle lol 

5 hours ago, qwijibo said:

You're assuming that Montreal would see the Sedins as the missing pieces to becoming a cup favourite. Or you're assuming Galchenyuk is out for the season.  I doubt either is true. Regardless. You keep dreaming. You're probably one of those guys that thought Vrbata was going to be traded for huge returns last season. 

LOL well only thing I can say is anything can happen and trades are one,so keep thinking it will not happen cause it might and that is what I was saying

may never happen but might and being closed minded in a business = bankrupt

• 4 weeks later...
On 2016-12-03 at 7:33 PM, cripplereh said:

I think if we do trade them would be to someone like the Rangers and to those that say NO they will not be traded well the greatest player was and our best Bure was  and Linden was which everyone here was shocked

It can and might happen

Not that I believe it'll happen, but, there certainly IS precedent with Gretzky. If HE can be moved - regardless of why - then anybody's fair game, really. 

I was actually thinking just last night that IF the twins were to each waive their clause, it'd have to be/hopefully be for a final run or 2 with AV in New York. 

I wouldn't be upset if the Rags decided that they could live without Kevin Hayes and J.T. Miller. Wouldn't mind Nate Holden, either, since Krieder and McDonough wouldn't be on offer. 

I was shocked when they moved Callahan for St. Louis, so, although not a complete impossibilium, still, so hard done by. 

Archived