The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Maple Leafs @ Canucks

-Vintage Canuck-

Not gonna lie I'm disappointed on the lack of a blood bath.. but I didn't really expect it from this group of guys. 

Also complete horse sh!t when the chants that you hear are for the leafs in our home barn. 

Horvat and stecher are beauts, hats off to guddy and the man who won us this game in miller

21 minutes ago, ShakyWalton said:

with some toughness.

Yes, that too. 

21 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

JV is in the incubator, should be ready soon. Boeser should be a good one too. Bo, Baertchu, Granny all good young players that can be even better in a yr or two.

Not sure where jv will end up. Right now looks like he'll pan out as a 3rd line player, IF he works hard down in Utica for this year and maybe all of next year. He'll be given every opportunity.

Boeser definitely. This team needs a few more of Biesers and Horvats. Stanley Cup calibre teams have 5 or 6 highly skilled star players at forward position. We need atleast 3 or 4 more of those. Not the least of which is a future top tier 1C. 

9 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Willie should take notes on Babcock's system.

All night they were in the slots ready to get shots off. Hard forechecking, lots of shots, and jumping on rebounds. The Canucks on the other hand had a limited forecheck, no shots from anywhere dangerous, and were not going to the net for rebounds.

And for a coach that made his career rolling four lines, why is it that Skille and Megna aren't getting any minutes? If they can't play more than 10 minutes, why are they in the lineup?

Not sure why some minused you for this as it is very astute. Arguably the best NHL coach of the last decade knows how to sustain a competitive team. I couldn't agree more.

Seems like Willie has blown off the long term plan and is fighting to keep his job.

13 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

Willie should take notes on Babcock's system.

All night they were in the slots ready to get shots off. Hard forechecking, lots of shots, and jumping on rebounds. The Canucks on the other hand had a limited forecheck, no shots from anywhere dangerous, and were not going to the net for rebounds.

And for a coach that made his career rolling four lines, why is it that Skille and Megna aren't getting any minutes? If they can't play more than 10 minutes, why are they in the lineup?

cannot roll 4 lines

when the roster the gm provides to you

is filled with ahl players who are not quite nhl ready

torts had the same dilemma when he was coach

when the depth is that thin

the team becomes mostly a 3 line team

I love how the Canucks seem to have given up on Subban ever making a run at the NHL because he is "poor defensively" (while running up the points), but somehow Larsen is continually gifted ice-time. The guy is a complete bust. Our first-year NHL Russian is telling him how to play his position. He was looking behind the net on Matthews goal. Like how unaware can you be. And Willie put him on the ice in OT! 

Really frustrated with Willie's continued deployment of plugs. Chaput was on the ice for two shifts in the final 3 minutes of regulation. Like... what? Larsen was on the ice in OT (why wasn't the rotation Stecher/Hutton/Sbisa/Tryamkin). 

Willie just continues to baffle me. 

Just now, coastal.view said:

cannot roll 4 lines

when the roster the gm provides to you

is filled with ahl players who are not quite nhl ready

torts had the same dilemma when he was coach

when the depth is that thin

the team becomes mostly a 3 line team

I'm sure he had a say in who was called up. He also has the option of playing Labate if he doesn't trust Megna or Skille.

If he wants those guys role to be to grind out minutes I think they're capable of that. They can't grind out minutes if the coach benches them though. As a result the rest of the lines look more tired because they have to play too many minutes.

Even when Willie has good fourth liners like Dorsett we're a three line team because he plays him as a top 9 forward.

Archived