The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) Pierre-Luc Dubois

Pierre-Luc Dubois, Yes or No?  

31 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think this is a rather pointless question. I think there are 100s of players in the league and in team's prospect pools that I'd be interested in acquiring provided we got a steal, and then there are less, but still a LARGE amount of players I'd like to acquire if we got good value for them... Of course anyone would be interested in a player with first line upside, but it just depends on the cost... So I don't think you'll have anyone responding saying, "No Pierre-Luc Dubois isn't worth a 7th"... He may well turn out to not be worth the theoretical asking price, if you inquired.... But I think that's about as much as you could say against being interested in him.

5 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Id give up Elder(aka Edler) and Burrows at the deadline. Plus a second because that's how the Canucks roll

i scored matt martin with that deal in nhl 17. the canucks are gonna goon their way to the cup. i think the more i learn nhl 17, i'll be a better arm chair on cdc

I would be interested in trading for him. Would be willing to trade one of the defencemen (Edler or Tanev).

If the question is, "would you trade Juolevi for Dubois?" Then, I would say no.

With Horvat establishing himself as a 2C and potentially a 1C, it seems like we don't have to find an elite centerman anymore (although it would be great if we can). I think a good 2C or a player of similar caliber as Horvat is all we need. I think PLD fits that criteria. So if we can have him for Edler, then since we have Juolevi that can replace Edler, I would do the trade. But if we trade Juolevi himself for Dubois, I would probably not do the trade. We still need a 1LD and Juolevi can be that.

20 minutes ago, khay said:

I would be interested in trading for him. Would be willing to trade one of the defencemen (Edler or Tanev).

If the question is, "would you trade Juolevi for Dubois?" Then, I would say no.

With Horvat establishing himself as a 2C and potentially a 1C, it seems like we don't have to find an elite centerman anymore (although it would be great if we can). I think a good 2C or a player of similar caliber as Horvat is all we need. I think PLD fits that criteria. So if we can have him for Edler, then since we have Juolevi that can replace Edler, I would do the trade. But if we trade Juolevi himself for Dubois, I would probably not do the trade. We still need a 1LD and Juolevi can be that.

I might actually disagree. Stecher is proving to be that potential franchise PMD, and we have Hutton backing him up (or the other way around, depending on your preference). Anyways we have two good PMD now. Once Henrik retires, we are left with Horvat and Sutter as of the moment, which is not a high end 1C and 2C combo.

3 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

I might actually disagree. Stecher is proving to be that potential franchise PMD, and we have Hutton backing him up (or the other way around, depending on your preference). Anyways we have two good PMD now. Once Henrik retires, we are left with Horvat and Sutter as of the moment, which is not a high end 1C and 2C combo.

The more, the merrier.

7 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

why not draft a center in this years draft and keep OJ 

11 minutes ago, Hugor Hill said:

I don't think Stecher really affects Juolevi's standing with the club. Juolevi is a good puck mover, but his defensive game is understated imo. I'd rather have both.

22 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

The more, the merrier.

Same regarding centres.

18 minutes ago, cookieeater55 said:

why not draft a center in this years draft and keep OJ 

Yeah, but is there a centre as good as PLD outside the top say 6 to 8 picks this coming draft?

13 minutes ago, BananaMash said:

I don't think Stecher really affects Juolevi's standing with the club. Juolevi is a good puck mover, but his defensive game is understated imo. I'd rather have both.

What does our D look like with Tanev, Stecher, Hutton and Joulevi?

Tall and skinny.

They are all great, but I think we need balance. Tryamkin and Guddy can't do all the heavy body work now.

This is why we should never trade Edler. This guy is Mr. Everything.

3 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

What does our D look like with Tanev, Stecher, Hutton and Joulevi?

Tall and skinny.

They are all great, but I think we need balance. Tryamkin and Guddy can't do all the heavy body work now.

This is why we should never trade Edler. This guy is Mr. Everything.

I'd rather wait and see how Joulevi fills out - and I wouldn't be too surprised if Tanev is a trade piece a few years down the line.

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

I'd rather wait and see how Joulevi fills out - and I wouldn't be too surprised if Tanev is a trade piece a few years down the line.

Yeah. Joulevi can turn out to be the next Lidstrom or Karlsson, and PLD could be a bust. We never know.

I only wanted caution against lack of balance as right now we are much deeper in D than we are on forwards.

1 hour ago, BananaMash said:

JB should trade Tanev this season, providing the return is a young skilled forward.  

2 hours ago, Hugor Hill said:

Yeah. Joulevi can turn out to be the next Lidstrom or Karlsson, and PLD could be a bust. We never know.

I only wanted caution against lack of balance as right now we are much deeper in D than we are on forwards.

I definitely agree with this, someone's going to have to be moved eventually.

Archived