The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dorsett to undergo neck surgery; out for the rest of the season

cuporbust

That really sucks.

He was having an outstanding start to the season imo.

https://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?disp=1&db=201617&sit=5v5&pos=skaters&minutes=25&teamid=29&type=corsi&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

53.3% corsi - forechecking like he meant it, creating havoc, motoring around and setting an example/standard of effort.

Love the intensity he brings.  He'll be missed.  I hope he recovers fully - neck surgery - hope it's not as serous as it sounds.

Just now, oldnews said:

That really sucks.

He was having an outstanding start to the season imo.

https://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/ratings.php?disp=1&db=201617&sit=5v5&pos=skaters&minutes=25&teamid=29&type=corsi&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

53.3% corsi - forechecking like he meant it, creating havoc, motoring around and setting an example/standard of effort.

Love the intensity he brings.  He'll be missed.

Agreed. Not good news 

Bummer. Guy is a warrior and brings it every game regardless of circumstance. Love what he brings to the team, particularly during a rebuild when work ethic is a contagious quality. Luckily Burr has stepped up in a big way in that regard, and our backend is supplying the sandpaper that we lack in the forward group. 

Get will soon Dors!

Sounds like it could be a season ender :/

I really like what the guy brings to the table even if he is a bit pricey. Hope surgery goes well! 

Interesting tho it does open a spot for a young guy to take a run.

1 minute ago, logic said:

Sounds like it could be a season ender :/

I really like what the guy brings to the table even if he is a bit pricey. Hope surgery goes well! 

Interesting tho it does open a spot for a young guy to take a run.

Agree.  Instead of just being fillers, the support players now have a chance to actually win a future spot on the roster.  Time for them to turn it up a notch and get noticed...in a good way.

3 minutes ago, shayster007 said:

Bummer. Guy is a warrior and brings it every game regardless of circumstance. Love what he brings to the team, particularly during a rebuild when work ethic is a contagious quality. Luckily Burr has stepped up in a big way in that regard, and our backend is supplying the sandpaper that we lack in the forward group. 

Get will soon Dors!

Was gonna post almost the exact thing. Dorsett really shows the work you need to put in that youngsters and veterans alike can look up to.

1 minute ago, CeeBee51 said:

Really need a type of forward that will step and answer the bell in Dorsett's absence. Either internal or external but can't have Gudbranson as the only guy willing to drop em. 

I think Try would be willing to drop them...trouble is, there don't appear to be too many guys even willing to mix it up with him let alone fight.  I think CHara probably set the stage for that.  Guys the size of Try aren't just big, they possess above average strength and can really hurt you where lesser being doing the same thing wouldn't.  A big deterrent is more effective than a one-off event anyways.

Just now, DIBdaQUIB said:

I think Try would be willing to drop them...trouble is, there don't appear to be too many guys even willing to mix it up with him let alone fight.  I think CHara probably set the stage for that.  Guys the size of Try aren't just big, they possess above average strength and can really hurt you where lesser being doing the same thing wouldn't.  A big deterrent is more effective than a one-off event anyways.

It's just better if it's usually a forward. A lot easier to double shift or sit the 4th line a shift or 2 than have a dman sitting in the box for 5 or longer.

Very $&!#ty injury. Bright side is I hope hé gets to spend some quality time with his family and heal up properly. Cervical issues are usually long so I hope hé takes it easy and has his eye on either playoffs or octobre.  No need to rush.

If he is Lucky hé could come back within 2 months. Lets hope 

14 minutes ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Oh well

You gotta be kidding me... what a garbage response.

The guy is an absolute gamer, puts it all on the line for the team you "Claim" to cheer for... which I doubt you do based on all your garbage negative posts... and that's what you say? When he's going through a major surgery. 

Absolute garbage. If you don't like his contract blame our GM or the Agent... but to say oh well when his career could even be in jeopardy?

---------

This is terrible news. We'll certainly miss his presence. Really hope he makes a full recovery, whenever that may be. 

I know this sounds horrible but I know 95% of you are thinking the same thing deep inside the darkest corner of your brain. 

I prefer his replacements.

His job is suppose to be held by a young guy with upside trying to make a name for himself in the league. I'd much sooner have a guy like Megna, LaBate or Chapoopie in the Lineup with potential in their game rather than what you see is what you Dorsett. 

Take me your time, we don't need you. 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

Sounds like a scary surgery. He should take his time coming back, maybe next season. 

I work in med tech and its actually not that bad recovery-wise but carries some risks. Its a bit freaky as they need to go in from the front via the throat and then back to the spine (worth a google if you want to see how its done). He's probably experiencing a great deal of nerve of pain that will get relieved right away. But I would think he is done for the year as he won't be allowed to do anything for a couple of months. 

Archived