The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dorsett to undergo neck surgery; out for the rest of the season

cuporbust

On December 5, 2016 at 2:13 PM, LaBamba said:

Stop suppressing your true feelings. Everyone comes on here to say "get well Dorsett you are a warrior" because it's the PC thing to do. Join me. Join the dark side. 

no i wont join dark side the guys a warrior with a serious injury and your saying good riddance  big deal hes paid 500k more than he shoukd we have tons of rookies on entry levels it isnt a big deal  he probably will retire because of this  or claimed by vegas 

16 minutes ago, kloubek said:

I have never felt Gudbranson was the best player in the world and was one of the ones who disliked the trade.  But how do you figure some of these statements, and the overall conclusion?

Hits:

Gudbranson hits: 56 (2.24 per game).  Sbisa: 44 (6.08 per game).  And while it is a matter of opinion, players seems to be affected more by Gudbranson's hits than Sbisa's, imo.  So no and no.

Creativity (I'll add this in with "smarter")

Neither are creative offensively, but I would indeed give the edge to Sbisa.  He seems to have better situational awareness of the two, in both ends of the ice.  I hate the fact that Gudbranson makes so many "nothing" plays.

Shot:
I disagree Sbisa has the better shot.  Both are highly inaccurate, but I believe the edge goes to Gudbranson for both additional power, as well as the fact he actually does take more of them.  In fact, he's taken about double what Sbisa has although he has only been on the ice less than 20% more time.

Meanness:

Again, I disagree.  I don't find Sbisa mean at all.  Plus he's been in half the fights of Gudbranson so far this season.  (2 to 1)

And as for my own interjection, I'd say Gudbranson also excels in leadership, whereas Sbisa is just.... there.

Given the option of one over the other, I'd pick Gudbranson.  But with that said, Sbisa's overpriced contract is going to look like a deal once we re-sign Gudbranson prior to the start of next season.

Gudbranson's hits are better? You think his shot is better? Absolutely bias opinion. Sbisa is by far the most underrated player on our team. Of coarse you are going to come up with this conclusion when comparing him to the most overrated player on our team.  Gudbranson is suppose to bring a physical presence and intimation factor. Thus far both Tryamkin and Sbisa have been far more noticeable in this department. This "Adjustment" to the west is also a joke. Stecher and Tryamkin are adjusting just fine. Also, wouldn't the west be considered slower and more favourable to Gudbranson's skill set?! Gudbranson has a lot of potential to be pretty awesome. However I find some of these over the top critiques of his play so far to be highly bias and baseless. So far he as been extremely underwhelming. 

15 minutes ago, canuktravella said:

no i wont join dark side the guys a warrior with a serious injury and your saying good riddance  big deal hes paid 500k more than he shoukd we have tons of rookies on entry levels it isnt a big deal  he probably will retire because of this  or claimed by vegas 

I still don't care. 500k? Hardly. What ever he makes, subtracted by the league minimum = how much Dorsett is overpaid.   

6 hours ago, Patrick Kane said:

At the end of the day, they both suck.

No, they don't "suck".  They just aren't high end defensemen.  They can be entirely serviceable guys, and DO bring an element of physicality.  We just need to keep their lack of ability offset with defensemen who actually HAVE a high level of ability.

6 hours ago, LaBamba said:

Gudbranson's hits are better? You think his shot is better? Absolutely bias opinion. Sbisa is by far the most underrated player on our team. Of coarse you are going to come up with this conclusion when comparing him to the most overrated player on our team.  Gudbranson is suppose to bring a physical presence and intimation factor. Thus far both Tryamkin and Sbisa have been far more noticeable in this department. This "Adjustment" to the west is also a joke. Stecher and Tryamkin are adjusting just fine. Also, wouldn't the west be considered slower and more favourable to Gudbranson's skill set?! Gudbranson has a lot of potential to be pretty awesome. However I find some of these over the top critiques of his play so far to be highly bias and baseless. So far he as been extremely underwhelming. 

Might be a case of differing expectations.

You expect Gudbranson to be a solid #4 with the potential to get better.   It's early but it seems, he is what he is - somebody like a Bryan Allen (which isn't that bad but somebody that is unable to carry a guy like Hutton)

With Pizza, you just pray to doesn't commit a brain fart on the ice - and for the most part of this season so far, he's been alright.  Problem with Sbisa - is that he ALWAYS has had stretches of solid play only to have him eventually come crashing down to earth to serve Pizza's like we all are too familiar with.

On 12/5/2016 at 11:30 AM, cuporbust said:

Looks like Dorsett will be out longer then we thought. Get well soon Derek 

UPDATE:

AS PER DARREN DREGER 

DORSETT BEEN DEALING WITH THIS INJURY FOR 5-6 YEARS.  OUT FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR

Screenshot_2016-12-05-11-31-10.png

I knew as soon as I heard this he was done for the year. It's about 3 months for the average Joe to recover from this... not a professional athlete in a heavy contact sport.

It's a loss for the team for sure. He's in good hands however so he'll be fine. In the meantime: #capspace 

On 12/5/2016 at 11:54 AM, LaBamba said:

I know this sounds horrible but I know 95% of you are thinking the same thing deep inside the darkest corner of your brain. 

I prefer his replacements.

His job is suppose to be held by a young guy with upside trying to make a name for himself in the league. I'd much sooner have a guy like Megna, LaBate or Chapoopie in the Lineup with potential in their game rather than what you see is what you Dorsett. 

Take me your time, we don't need you. 

You're right, that's a horrible post.

Archived