The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Another Landeskog! Yippee

Baertschi

Granlund

Sbisa

for 

Gabe

why they do it?  Have you looked at their roster?  They have maybe 4 forwards worth protecting in the expansion draft the rest is waiver wire or one year contract free agent fodder.  They lack scoring and they are not trading a young player for picks or veterans.  They need LW and LD.  All three are 24-26.  All of them would be top 4 or middle 6.  I think Baertschi would get a shot with Mckinnon.  He could make us regret this trade real quick if they develop some chemistry.  

Why we do it?  Because you play to win the game.  I am sure we get worse this year by doing it.  Probably by a lot!  That's a lot of depth gone.  We are set to loose one of those two forwards or Sbisa in expansion anyway.   Landeskog is a current captain and a poor mans Iginla.  These are the type of players that preform in the playoffs.  Once we are good again the more Horvats and Landeskogs we can get the better.  It would transform the culture of the team by having these two lead the way.  It would also make Horvat and Gabriel the first line with Erickson or Boeser.  The tankers would also get the added benefit of a better pick this year.

-we don't loose a valuable piece in expansion.

-we gain a leader and quality young player.

-we get a better draft pick this year.

i know the post will get flamed because it is quantity for quality.  BUT they are all young and performing!  Sbisa is on the top pairing right now and Granlund and Baertschi have more points each than Landeskog.

33 minutes ago, thejazz97 said:

I feel like that's not enough for our #1 defenseman plus our #2 and #3 LWs.

That really made my day to see you call him our #1 Dman :wub::lol:

I'd pull the trigger though. I'd prefer to just move Tanev straight up for Landy. Or Tanev + 4th or something.

41 minutes ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Baertschi

Granlund

Sbisa

for 

Gabe

why they do it?  Have you looked at their roster?  They have maybe 4 forwards worth protecting in the expansion draft the rest is waiver wire or one year contract free agent fodder.  They lack scoring and they are not trading a young player for picks or veterans.  They need LW and LD.  All three are 24-26.  All of them would be top 4 or middle 6.  I think Baertschi would get a shot with Mckinnon.  He could make us regret this trade real quick if they develop some chemistry.  

Why we do it?  Because you play to win the game.  I am sure we get worse this year by doing it.  Probably by a lot!  That's a lot of depth gone.  We are set to loose one of those two forwards or Sbisa in expansion anyway.   Landeskog is a current captain and a poor mans Iginla.  These are the type of players that preform in the playoffs.  Once we are good again the more Horvats and Landeskogs we can get the better.  It would transform the culture of the team by having these two lead the way.  It would also make Horvat and Gabriel the first line with Erickson or Boeser.  The tankers would also get the added benefit of a better pick this year.

-we don't loose a valuable piece in expansion.

-we gain a leader and quality young player.

-we get a better draft pick this year.

i know the post will get flamed because it is quantity for quality.  BUT they are all young and performing!  Sbisa is on the top pairing right now and Granlund and Baertschi have more points each than Landeskog.

But... We just traded for all of those players!

so we clearly will get the best player in this deal

and avalanche get our marginal 2nd line left winger

our 5/6 dman

a 3rd line centre who is ok but may develop into a bit more

and we get their captain

i'm all in on this

just let me know when the avalanche ok this deal and our new player is on the plane over here

(ps: and you would do a similar deal to colorado where we trade them bo for an equal return you have proposed since the value is so stellar??)

You’re definitely right with Colorado’s needs.  The problem is Landeskog is a player that fills their needs.  He’s a top 6 LW.  Filling it with high risk players isn't the smartest move.

Typically when a young star player is moved for spare parts the team giving up that player never gets back full value.  We can look back to the Calgary Phaneuf deal, or the Seguin deal.  If Av’s do consider moving Landeskog it will be centered around a 1 for 1 type deal.  Someone like Fowler.  A young star for a young star. 

1 hour ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Baertschi

Granlund

Sbisa

for 

Gabe

Sorry, but quantity doesn't make up for quality.

If we're asking for Landeskog, Sakic will be looking at either Tanev or BoHo in return.  If they'd take Tanev (either straight across or with a throw-in) - I'd do it in a heartbeat.  If they want BoHo, I'd say no thanks. 

Has he had concussion issues, recently? Remember some headlines, but never delved into that. Numbers slightly trending down:

2014 - 65 pts

2015 - 59 pts

2016 - 53 pts(missed 7 games, so his ppg was good)

Actually those numbers are quite steady, considering how the Avs have played, past coupla' seasons. Genuine question, if any have watched him closely..Has he become the player that he was projected to be? What's his strengths/weaknesses?

If I’m rebuilding the Av’s, I don’t move Landeskog.  Here is what I do.  I call it......Take advantage of expansion draft teams.

Iginla (retain 25%) + Bourque + 3rd round pick for Fowler

Duchene + Zadorov for Jenner + Murray + Hartnell

Summer deal before draft

Jost + Grigorenko for Drouin

Trade break downs

Blue Jackets deal

Blue Jackets are in tough with the amount of NMC they have on their team.  Right now they are forced to leave a top end young forward unprotected.  So being able to moving Hartnell would be huge for the CBJ.  Jenner is in torts dog house,  and CBJ’s D depth has grown to the point where they could move on from their former 2nd overall pick.  On the left side, Murray has been surpassed by offensive star Werenski and they still have Johnson who is still under 30.  With Savard and Jones on the right side.  Zadorov is slowly coming along and could round out into a top 4 defense. 

Blue Jackets have been in search for a #1 center since moving Johansen.  Wennberg has been great this year at almost a ppg but bringing in Duchene really strengthens their future top end depth.  And with Dubois in the wings, they can give him time to really develop. 

Ducks deal

Ducks are also in tough with the expansion draft.  Bieska’s NMC really forces them to risk losing one of their young top D.  Fowler even though he’s having a great year (leading D in points) will likely be the odd man out since I don’t see ducks leaving Lindholm or Vatanen unprotected.  Av’s can take advantage of this while helping the Ducks add for a strong playoff push.  Iggy provides playoff experience and leadership, but he’s also a rental that doesn’t need protection and his cap comes off the books.  Bourque is a bargin for his contract right now making league min and has 8 goals on the season. 

Bolts deal

Tbay will be in some cap trouble, Jost giving them a few more years and some ELC before working about a new contract. Drouin and Mac reunite. 

Top 9

Drouin Mackinnon Jenner

Landeskog Soderberg Hartnell

Rantanen Colborne Comeau

Fowler Johnson

Murray Barrie

Likely a top 5 picks in the 2017 NHL draft

17 hours ago, Knucks16 said:

Pretty decent trade;) imo I would do it like this:)

Tanev + Baertschi + Gaunce + 3rd

For

Landeskog + Jost

Hey, I see your little heart thingy's are negative, you must have proposed a Sedin trade and the management gang chastised you, I bet all those little heart thingys make feel bad eh?:lol:

A Canuck 2nd line winger is something like comparing an Oregon 6 to California 10, you know which is the Nuck.

I would hop on this idea in heartbeat, but I am afraid that the Nuck players are just a wee bit over valued, the team is essentially 29th in the league after all.

Oh ya, I gave you a thumbs up in the little hearty thing.

Landeskog is a great player, but Colorado would want more for him as he is their Captain.

I would think of a player more like Filip Forsberg, he is a great young player (22 years old) who I think would fit well with Horvat.

2015-2016 season he had 33 goals, 31 assists and 64 points! This season he has 16 points in 24 games.

Trade:

Edler + Baertschi + Gaunce

For

Forsberg + 3rd

Do you guys like this idea, or not? Or would you have done a different trade for Forsberg? Or is there a different winger besides Landeskog and Forsberg that you would like to see with Horvat?

2 hours ago, J-23 said:

Landeskog is a great player, but Colorado would want more for him as he is their Captain.

I would think of a player more like Filip Forsberg, he is a great young player (22 years old) who I think would fit well with Horvat.

2015-2016 season he had 33 goals, 31 assists and 64 points! This season he has 16 points in 24 games.

Trade:

Edler + Baertschi + Gaunce

For

Forsberg + 3rd

Do you guys like this idea, or not? Or would you have done a different trade for Forsberg? Or is there a different winger besides Landeskog and Forsberg that you would like to see with Horvat?

Forsberg is awesome but why would Nashville trade Seth Jones  for Ryan Johanson to then trade away forsberg for Edler + ?

Archived