The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Another Landeskog! Yippee

4 hours ago, EmilyM said:

If you were GM of Colorado, would you honestly do this deal, or would you go for quality considering the asset you have up your sleeve in Landeskog?

I heard Sakic likes copious amounts of cheap Walmart chocolate.  We give him three pounds of that for a couple ounces of Purdy's; seems fair.  :ph34r:

17 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

You're not getting Landeskog for that package. You need to give up Tanev to get a player like Gabe. 

In the event of us ending up with a lottery pick I'd draft Liljegren and trade Tanev for someone like Landeskog.

If that doesn't happen then it probably doesn't happen.

On 2016-12-06 at 1:59 PM, Knucks16 said:

Pretty decent trade;) imo I would do it like this:)

Tanev + Baertschi + Gaunce + 3rd

For

Landeskog + Jost

Might be slight over payment actually on my previousl offer. Slight overpayment?Possible add a fifth instead of a third but either way! 

• 1 month later...
On 12/6/2016 at 11:43 AM, CaptainLinden16 said:

Baertschi

Granlund

Sbisa

for 

Gabe

why they do it?  Have you looked at their roster?  They have maybe 4 forwards worth protecting in the expansion draft the rest is waiver wire or one year contract free agent fodder.  They lack scoring and they are not trading a young player for picks or veterans.  They need LW and LD.  All three are 24-26.  All of them would be top 4 or middle 6.  I think Baertschi would get a shot with Mckinnon.  He could make us regret this trade real quick if they develop some chemistry.  

Why we do it?  Because you play to win the game.  I am sure we get worse this year by doing it.  Probably by a lot!  That's a lot of depth gone.  We are set to loose one of those two forwards or Sbisa in expansion anyway.   Landeskog is a current captain and a poor mans Iginla.  These are the type of players that preform in the playoffs.  Once we are good again the more Horvats and Landeskogs we can get the better.  It would transform the culture of the team by having these two lead the way.  It would also make Horvat and Gabriel the first line with Erickson or Boeser.  The tankers would also get the added benefit of a better pick this year.

-we don't loose a valuable piece in expansion.

-we gain a leader and quality young player.

-we get a better draft pick this year.

i know the post will get flamed because it is quantity for quality.  BUT they are all young and performing!  Sbisa is on the top pairing right now and Granlund and Baertschi have more points each than Landeskog.

I would still do this deal.  Maybe a pick or two coming our way now, but you have to pickup the poor mans Iginla when you have a chance. 

On 1/15/2017 at 1:49 PM, hammertime said:

Do they get to keep all 3 players after the expansion or are they loosing Gabe to us + one of these 3 players to Vegas?

Again if you look at their roster there is some good top end guys like Barrie, McKinnon, Duchene, gabe, Johnson and then it's all waiver wire fodder.  I think they would keep all 3.

1 hour ago, CaptainLinden16 said:

Again if you look at their roster there is some good top end guys like Barrie, McKinnon, Duchene, gabe, Johnson and then it's all waiver wire fodder.  I think they would keep all 3.

Ya I just looked at it they might have to serve up Joe Colbourn or something wouldn't hurt too bad. Honestly I'm just so bored with Van Colorado rumours/proposals that I didn't really bother to give your idea much thought. Upon second glance I have nothing really bad to say about it. I think its good value for Colorado and we get the best player in the trade. This being said I really feel I would rather be patient and see what heights Baer and Bo can achieve together as feel that combination is only scratching the surface of what they will be doing together years from now.

I think looking at the team as a whole down the line if you delete Baer Granlund and shortly the Sedins. And roll with Landy, Bo, Sutter, Hansen, Boeser Loui, Virtanen As key components of your top 9 thats a pretty one dimensional fwd group (all running backs and no quarterbacks).  Get used to a whole lot of dump and chase as teams will be clogging up the neutral zone hard to stuff the rush. 

Archived