The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Devils

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Reggie - go check the standings  

We are 28th overall.

How is that winning / playoff making club doing.....

Right now each loss we get puts us one step closer to getting a  franchise  1 C  for the next 20 years. 

I hope we play hard and lose every game by a goal as long as our young kids keep developing and improving. 

It doesnt matter. I do not want to watch a team whose sole purpose is to lose. Do you?

5 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

"I have a problem with any hit, legal or not, when a player gets hit that hard. It was difficult for us after that." - Desjardins

So is this why the Canucks don't utilize Gudbranson and Tryamkins hitting ability?

Just now, ReggieBush said:

It doesnt matter. I do not want to watch a team whose sole purpose is to lose. Do you?

There's a lot of teams that have been intentionally trying to lose and still suck:

Colorado for example.

Don't bother arguing with kingofsurrey.

5 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

Remember all the fans here in the offseason, claiming nobody would mess with the Canucks because we had Gudbranson & Tryamkin on D?  Canucks as soft as they've been in years.  No heart, no fight, in any Canuck not named Sedin, Horvat, Dorsett, Burrows or Hansen. 

True, we need players like Torres, Lapierre, Alberts, Rome, Bieksa, players that weren't afraid to throw hits. Teams used to be scared to play us because we threw so many big hits, even Edler had big hits. No one would dare to snow shower our goalies, or hack at their pads after the whistle, otherwise they would have been shoved to the ground. If a player was hit the way Daniel and Larsen were hit, they wouldn't have gotten away with it.  Our physical play was a big reason we made it to the finals that year. Now, we let players hack away at our goalies, hit the sedins and we do nothing about it. 

Best wishes from New Zealand for Larsen, hope that he recovers without any serious problems.  As for Willie, I truly feel he is out of his depth as a coach, but the problem is there is no one to replace him, at least in the management's eyes.  The way I read Benning, Linden and co., they are loyal to a fault, which is why they will not pull the plug on their coach barring a catastrophic losing streak, let's say approaching 20 games.  Even then, they won't promote who the young players on the team need, Green, midway through the season, so what we'd end up with would be, without a doubt, the worst team in Canucks history, bar none, with a lame-duck interim coach and players who know they won't be held accountable due to the situation and management's misplaced loyalty to past service and pie-in-the-sky ideals.  It's the same reason needed trades don't happen every year.  What a bad and rapidly deteriorating situation ... I'm really worried for the younger players and their developing skills and outlooks.  Some players can overcome a bad situation through their own work ethic and sheer determination to play the game well, ie. Horvat and Hansen, and others can survive and sometimes thrive through skill and will, like the Sedins, but others ... too many square blocks to fit round circles on this team, and it won't change anytime soon.  Unfortunately, it needs to happen to regenerate the skill on the team through the draft, but it will be a while before things look good again.    

10 minutes ago, ReggieBush said:

I seriously doubt that. You literally said that wanted us to tank. That is not being a fan. Nor will it ever be a "fan" thing to do. You can take that **** somewhere else because true canucks fans dislike the  feeling of losing. You however promote it a the right thing to do.

True Canuck fans dislike never having won a cup.  Real fans know that Boeser & Juolevi aren't enough to turn this team around.  Homers want to "go for it" now because they think somehow this team will accomplish things even though every expert predicted this season turning out the way it is.  You can take that **** somewhere else and start a cheerleading forum where no realistic or negative comments about this team are allowed.

33 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Megna and Chaput on the ice in the final 1:30 when down a goal.

That about sums up Willie as a coach.

Jeff Paterson ‏@patersonjeff  27m27 minutes ago

#Canucks Burrows had 2 shifts (54 secs total) over final 7:08 while Megna had a 1:08 shift with 2 minutes to go. Baffling

22 minutes ago, Fateless said:

Because we're not currently bad enough to pick in the top 3, but we're not good enough to make the playoffs. That's the worst place for a team that needs to rebuild to be.

Check the standings. 28th place should give them a pretty good chance at picking in the bottom 3. 

12 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Reggie - go check the standings  

We are 28th overall.

How is that winning / playoff making club doing.....

Right now each loss we get puts us one step closer to getting a  franchise  1 C  for the next 20 years. 

I hope we play hard and lose every game by a goal as long as our young kids keep developing and improving. 

Kingofsurrey haven't you been vehemently arguing with me saying you were anti-tank since the offseason?

4 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

There's a lot of teams that have been intentionally trying to lose and still suck:

Colorado for example.

Don't bother arguing with kingofsurrey.

So when willie plays our 4th line in the last 3 minutes.

Is this intentional losing or accidental losing.. ? 

When our club has no push back when our goalie is obstructed and our D man is blindsided.  Is that intentional losing or accidental losing....

You be the judge.  We have the worst set of forwards in the league. We have the worst coach in the league.  Is this intentional or accidental management....

I will get back behind this team fully when i see a canuck managment team willing to make the hard decisions to improve our club....

For now though, i mostly look forward to the 2017 draft and our top 3 pick. 

Archived