The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What pieces are we actually missing?

MrCanuck94

1 minute ago, Jam126 said:

Something called development. Granlund and Baer have had horrible starts to the season, now they are producing at 20-25 goal paces. 

Sorry but players are judged on their entire season...   not  10 game stretches...

Professionals need to show up each shift - every game. 

Just now, Jam126 said:

So did the Sedins in their second season.

Fair enough. You are right. Sedins did not deserve 2nd line minutes their first few years.....

Will sven and granny develop to elite sedin type talent.

Maybe , i hope so.

My point is simply sven and granny are not great 2nd line players at this point in their careers....

Argue all you want.  The numbers don't lie.

5 minutes ago, gurn said:

So you said on average, but only use one team as the sample size? Isn't that a bit dishonest?

I am too lazy to look at more teams...

You want it . you do it.

PS - now you know why Calgary ditched sven and granny....

They had better 2nd line prospects....

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Careful Alf ,  The Canuck excuse making fan club will be all over you.....

When you hold our canuck players accountable, way too many fans here flame you.....

As long as they don't hold me down and shave my fur, I'm okay.  :lol:

im just like you King.  I want our team to become a Cup level team again, like when the Twins were in their prime.  I just don't see us having young guys in our system of that elite level, while I do see those elite young guys on several other teams.  There is not a chance JB thinks Granlund and Baer are anything more than just place holders, is there?

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I am too lazy to look at more teams...

You want it . you do it.

PS - now you know why Calgary ditched sven and granny....

They had better 2nd line prospects....

So you are not prepared to back up your thoughts?

In future I'll just not bother with your posts, my life is too short to waste it with bs'ers.

1 minute ago, gurn said:

In future I'll just not bother with your posts, my life is too short to waste it with bs'ers.

Sorry you are too lazy to do your own work....

How did you ever get through school.

In future, i will just not bother with your posts, my life is too short to waste on lazy posters..

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

As long as they don't hold me down and shave my fur, I'm okay.  :lol:

im just like you King.  I want our team to become a Cup level team again, like when the Twins were in their prime.  I just don't see us having young guys in our system of that elite level, while I do see those elite young guys on several other teams.  There is not a chance JB thinks Granlund and Baer are anything more than just place holders, is there?

Agreed Alf. 

Yes both Sven and Granny has upside.. but fact is both are getting older and most likely reaching their ceiling soon.....

I agree both are tweeners   2nd and 3rd line.

Don't feel Sven has the grit to be a great 3rd liner....

Really hope both can take a big step up next year.  If not, i would expect the team to move in a different direction . 

If they do, that would be super.

I was the one last year here that stood up for Sven. I think he has elite offensive skill.  Just needs to be more consistent and drive the net more...

I agree he has some potential.   I really hope he takes another 2 steps forward and can become a true high level  2nd line player. 

6 minutes ago, gurn said:

OK Gurn

You tricked me .  I will do your work for you one more time.

LA

Pearson   32 pts 

Carter    52 pts 

Brown   27pts

Sven           27pt

Granlund     25 pt

Tanner Pearson 
Tanner Pearson
Jeff Carter 
Jeff Carter

Dustin Brown 
Dustin Brown

45 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Do you live in Canada ? In  Canada when you play in ECHL or AHL it is called playing in the minors...

Sorry bud.

American Hockey League - Wikipedia

The American Hockey League (AHL) is a 30-team professional ice hockey league based in the ... The makeshift new I-AHL played out the rest of its first season (as well as all of the next) with just seven teams. ... from the 1936–37 season, and the oldest continuously operating minor league franchise in North America – had ...

You realize your rant of differentiating minors and juniors has completely side tracked from the main discussion of Juolevi, Demko, and Boeser right? Remember you said they were all having bad years? 

Anyhow, I'm not surprised you change the conversation when you run out of sensible facts to support your ludacris claims with. 

Your reputation continues to drop with me. 

2 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

You realize your rant of differentiating minors and juniors has completely side tracked from the main discussion of Juolevi, Demko, and Boeser right? Remember you said they were all having bad years? 

Anyhow, I'm not surprised you change the conversation when you run out of sensible facts to support your ludacris claims with. 

Your reputation continues to drop with me. 

Your reputation hit bottom with me earlier today....   when you try to argue that the AHL is not the minor leagues....

Really ?

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Your reputation hit bottom with me earlier today....   when you try to argue that the AHL is not the minor leagues....

Really ?

Amazingly I'm not arguing against you with that. What League is Demko playing in right now? The AHL? Your calling that the minors, yes correct. 

Then the year before that he was playing for Boston college in the NCAA which can be labelled juniors, just like Boeser in ND and Juolevi in London. 

I apologize to the people reading this thread and reading your petty arguments and flawed claims. I can see your really on a roll today with everyone. 

Bye Felicia 

19 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Amazingly I'm not arguing against you with that. What League is Demko playing in right now? The AHL? Your calling that the minors, yes correct. 

Then the year before that he was playing for Boston college in the NCAA which can be labelled juniors, just like Boeser in ND and Juolevi in London. 

I apologize to the people reading this thread and reading your petty arguments and flawed claims. I can see your really on a roll today with everyone. 

Bye Felicia 

Thanks for admitting you are wrong. Take a big person to admit it. 

Respect bro. 

27 minutes ago, CanadianRugby said:

So did Cody Hodgson.  Your point?  That since Baertschi has the same pt totals as Sedins in their 2nd year that he's the next Sedin? 

I never said he will be the next Sedin. He won't be close to what they are, but people need to wait for a couple of seasons to see what player they really have. Hodgson looked good in his rookie year then fell off a cliff. Sven and Markus are getting better. They're not going to be Sedin caliber but one of them can be a solid 2nd liner.

Archived