The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What pieces are we actually missing?

MrCanuck94

24 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Right now our  prospect pool is kinda depressing

Virtanen, Boeser, , Juolevi  and Demko are all trending flat or more honestly down this season......... 

This is not a good thing for a rebuilding club needing Elite prospects....

Flame away at me.......  I don't care.   But this should even more make us Sellers at  the trade  Deadline.....  We need more elite prospects..

So when was the last time our prospect pool was better than it is now? Were you even alive then? 

With the expansion draft pushing trade values down to probably an all time low, we should be big time sellers, huh? 

Do you ever actually think before you post?

30 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Virtanen, Boeser, , Juolevi  and Demko are all trending flat or more honestly down this season......... 

Flame away at me.......  I don't care.   But this should even more make us Sellers at  the trade  Deadline.....  We need more elite prospects..

Let me put things in perspective:

Boeser- injured wrist. Was totally lights out before he got hurt. 

Juolevi- didn't play on a stacked Finland team at the wjc, not playing with 3 OHL offensive stallions yet still putting up respectable numbers. 

Demko- first year of pro hockey and respectively holding his own while learning the pro game and facing better shooters. 

Virtanen- ...... you got me. Justin Beiber was in town. 

You should be  reported for your rudeness.   

I am not sure why the Canucks fan base has such a long history of way OVER hyping our prospects .  Do all clubs fans do this ?

I kind of like that canucks in 2003 when we had on the farm team.  These top 3 guys had pretty decent NHL careers.

Do you think Juolevi, Demko and Virtanen will top these 3 ?   Good luck with that. 

Burrows

Kesler

Bieksa

6 minutes ago, Camel Toe Drag said:

Let me put things in perspective:

Boeser- injured wrist. Was totally lights out before he got hurt. 

Juolevi- didn't play on a stacked Finland team at the wjc, not playing with 3 OHL offensive stallions yet still putting up respectable numbers. 

Demko- first year of pro hockey and respectively holding his own while learning the pro game and facing better shooters. 

Virtanen- ...... you got me. Justin Beiber was in town. 

Sounds like another canuck fan making excuses for our prospects not having great year this year.....

This is a write-off year all because of Willie's coaching.   I never liked his tactics and personnel decision on who to deploy in the line-up.   I think that we are missing a few things, namely first liner winger and a good bottom pairing defense in case of injury and a good 4th line that can grind and score timely goals.   That's all we need.   Now, we might have to replace a lost player due to expansion draft and we must choose a player that we think will regress next season and unload him with an educated guess.  

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You should be  reported for your rudeness.   

I am not sure why the Canucks fan base has such a long history of way OVER hyping our prospects .  Do all clubs fans do this ?

I kind of like that canucks in 2003 when we had on the farm team.  These top 3 guys had pretty decent NHL careers.

Do you think Juolevi, Demko and Virtanen will top these 3 ?   Good luck with that. 

Burrows

Kesler

Bieksa

No offense but in 2003 Burrows was riding buses in the ECHL and on nobodies radar. Kesler was a 'maybe future 3C if we're lucky' and Bieksa was a promising but unspectacular hopeful on D who spen the following 2 years in the A.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Sounds like another canuck fan making excuses for our prospects not having great year this year.....

All three of those prospects arguably had some of the best possible semi pro years possible if you consider the hardware and awards they all were considered for and won. 

Its not excuses. It's facts. They don't have anything else to prove in the minors. 

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

No offense but in 2003 Burrows was riding buses in the ECHL and on nobodies radar. Kesler was a 'maybe future 3C if we're lucky' and Bieksa was a promising but unspectacular hopeful on D who spen the following 2 years in the A.

No offense but in 2003  all 3 of Burrows, Kesler, and Bieksa were Canuck prospects.   They all turned out amazing careers.

My point is that was some pretty good prospects we had at the time.   Not sure if our current prospects will have these kinds of nhl careers.

I hope so .... but not that likely..

48 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Even if they were trending to meet their potentials and even if they were exceeding them we should still be sellers and wanting more. The chances they all become NHL regulars is only high because of our lack of internal competition.

And so what if we wind up with two guys perfect for one job? Oh noes, a tradeable asset with high value

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

No offense but in 2003  all 3 of Burrows, Kesler, and Bieksa were Canuck prospects.   They all turned out amazing careers.

My point is that was some pretty good prospects we had at the time.   Not sure if our current prospects will have these kinds of nhl careers.

I think we had more prospects who didn't turn out.  This issue is we currently have so few prospects.  We are kind of hanging our hat on all of them turning out, because JB traded away so many picks since he's been here.

5 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Point_over_your_head.jpg

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

Babcock in TO said publicly (more than once) there will be pain during the rebuilding process.

That is no answer.

I asked for players in a team who are not up to the NHL i.e. like McCann and a lesser extent Virtanen (which in Vancouver's case was down to the rules)

Which players in the Leafs are not ready to play in the NHL?

2 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

How can you even say that?  The same version of you in 2003 was talking about how trash they were and how trash our prospects were.   You are using hindsight to the fullest.  Let me tell you how ridiculous you are in 5 years when some random draft pick of ours turns into a good player.  You are literally using the same logic.  

All we can go off is hype until they play pro hockey.  We haven't had this type of hype prospects wise since the Sedins.  That's over a decade and a half.  

Archived