The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Discussion - Should the Canucks explore trading the Sedins to Montreal

Bur14Kes17

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Sedins for two 1st, 2 seconds and two prospects???

Rebuild complete?

That's an awesomely homered-up proposal, keep dreaming.

Well considering the two first rounds picks will be in the 25+ range and in separate years, the 2nds will be basically 3rds.  and the prospects likely low level prospects that will never make an NHL impact.

Flames thought they would complete the rebuild when they traded Iggy. 

but looking back at it now, that move didn't do anything for the teams rebuild.  Prospects Agostino has become a career AHL and Hanowski went off to Europe.  Their 1st round pick Klimchuk (now 21 years old) isn't not going to be some NHL impact player, He's got off to a better AHL start this year but last year he only put up 9 points in 50 games.  . 

Unless canucks are able to find an absolute gem in those picks it likely wont play a major role in a rebuild.  The two biggest things moving them can do (and it did for the flames) was it opened up room for someone else to take that leadership and flame saw Gio become a top D in the league.  It also pushed the flames down in standings allowing them to get higher draft picks.

To be honest, I have grown very bored of "Canuck Hockey" lately and I find myself looking for that "run and gun", "bang and crash" type of hockey again. I am so tired of the "pass around the perimeter until we lose the puck" cycle we have been watching for too many years now. Change needs to happen and the Sedins are nearing their useful time with the Canucks. Maybe it would be good for their careers as well to get a fresh start somewhere else and make one more attempt at the cup.

1 hour ago, Creepy Crawler said:

If Vancouver ever trades with Montreal, Burrows will be involved.

Why? Because he's French Canadian? Montreal has plenty of guys that fill the role that Burrows would have in Montreal. I don't see a fit beyond the French thing 

7 hours ago, qwijibo said:

Why? Because he's French Canadian? Montreal has plenty of guys that fill the role that Burrows would have in Montreal. I don't see a fit beyond the French thing 

He said he wants to play for Montreal as they were his favorite team growing up.

Archived