The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why we shouldnt tank...this year

orcasgonewild

And the 2017 first overall pick is...

A lot of canucks FANS would love to hear these words.

Others would rather we take our chances in the playoffs...

This year however is the turd cutlet of draft years considering your top pick will be...

NOLAN PATRICK.

I may not be a scout but I have watched him play several times and have done my research on him as well. He plays like RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS!!!!! Is that really worth a season of drama. 

RNH IS PROJECTED TO HAVE 36 POINTS THIS YEAR!!!!

Second best option is Timothy liljegren. He does seem good but one player still isn't worth tanking for. 

What should happen...

Canucks try their hardest this season and end up where they shall. 

NEXT YEAR: 

Canucks see how their season goes and if it takes another nosedive make adjustments

Trade

Sedins 

Edler

ect...

GET YOUNGER

MANAGEMENT SAYS THEY DONT THINK THE FANS CAN HANDLE A REBUILD...

LOOK AT THE STANDS, LOOKS LIKE THEY CANT HANDLE LOSING EITHER... 

What do u think? 

Can you imagine how bad we will be when the Sedins retire? I mean just imagine a world in which Bo Horvat is our best offensive player... While I like Bo Horvat a lot, he isn't facing the other team's best defenders at the moment... And he never should, because he should spend his whole career as a 2nd line player... It's just our management's failure in committing to a rebuild which has us with the worst offense in the NHL, and will have us starting the beginnings of a playoff drought.

1 minute ago, Aircool said:

Can you imagine how bad we will be when the Sedins retire? I mean just imagine a world in which Bo Horvat is our best offensive player... While I like Bo Horvat a lot, he isn't facing the other team's best defenders at the moment... And he never should, because he should spend his whole career as a 2nd line player... It's just our management's failure in committing to a rebuild which has us with the worst offense in the NHL, and will have us starting the beginnings of a playoff drought.

Not as bad as you think, other players will have the Sedin's spots and will collect points!

1 minute ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Not as bad as you think, other players will have the Sedin's spots and will collect points!

LOL... If you say so... If you can't outperform the Sedins while facing 2nd and 3rd defensive pairings... You aren't going to get close to their production facing the shutdown pairing for 20 minutes a night... What you are going to get, is a lot of shutouts.

1 minute ago, Rocksterh8 said:

True. I still think people underestimate Horvat. He wants to be the best and he trains and trains, with those types of players the sky is the limit. He plays with 3rd liners and still looks like a stud. Relax everyone

1 minute ago, Aircool said:

LOL... If you say so... If you can't outperform the Sedins while facing 2nd and 3rd defensive pairings... You aren't going to get close to their production facing the shutdown pairing for 20 minutes a night... What you are going to get, is a lot of shutouts.

I think u forget that Horvat plays with third liners. And the defence he plays with isn't exactly offensive aside from Stecher.

Just now, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Nolan Patrick is a rock. Not sure what you're looking at when you compare him to my fellow Burnaby boy RNH, but their games are quite different. Nolan is a lot more physical than RNH. Imho (and I've read a few articles saying this as well), his closest comparable is Ryan Getzlaf (mean streak and all) - that's quite good.

If this Patrick kid is like Getzlaf then we want him.  Him and Bo as our 1-2?  What happens to 

sutter?

Archived