The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why we shouldnt tank...this year

orcasgonewild

4 minutes ago, Jam126 said:

So we just put Patrick at wing because some centres start out as wingers?

Okay then...

I know it probably will not happen, but imagine Patrick  on a wing beside Horvat

Patrick - Horvat - Boeser 

As, our 1st line. I would love to see that

4 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

And the 2017 first overall pick is...

A lot of canucks FANS would love to hear these words.

Others would rather we take our chances in the playoffs...

This year however is the turd cutlet of draft years considering your top pick will be...

NOLAN PATRICK.

I may not be a scout but I have watched him play several times and have done my research on him as well. He plays like RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS!!!!! Is that really worth a season of drama. 

RNH IS PROJECTED TO HAVE 36 POINTS THIS YEAR!!!!

Second best option is Timothy liljegren. He does seem good but one player still isn't worth tanking for. 

What should happen...

Canucks try their hardest this season and end up where they shall. 

NEXT YEAR: 

Canucks see how their season goes and if it takes another nosedive make adjustments

Trade

Sedins 

Edler

ect...

GET YOUNGER

MANAGEMENT SAYS THEY DONT THINK THE FANS CAN HANDLE A REBUILD...

LOOK AT THE STANDS, LOOKS LIKE THEY CANT HANDLE LOSING EITHER... 

What do u think? 

I think you are partly right ....   I agree you are not a  NHL  Scout....

4 hours ago, Aircool said:

LOL... If you say so... If you can't outperform the Sedins while facing 2nd and 3rd defensive pairings... You aren't going to get close to their production facing the shutdown pairing for 20 minutes a night... What you are going to get, is a lot of shutouts.

Absolutely, so many of the idiots on this board just don't get it.  If you aren't feasting on worse checkers and worse D, how in the hell are you going to produce anything playing against the best shut down the other team puts up against you.

Stupid posters are just stupid.  Get a hockey IQ.

2 minutes ago, Davathor said:

Why don't we just tank both years?

What did the last 3 years do for our club..... ?

We failed to move assets. We did nothing and watched valuable assets lose their value dramatically.....

For what ?  

1 hour ago, Jam126 said:

So we just put Patrick at wing because some centres start out as wingers?

Okay then...

Hes on the wing because we have sedin, horvat and sutter at centre. None of those three will be pushed to the wing in lieu of a rookie centre and playing Patrick as 4th line centre is ludacris.

a natural centre is playing wing in his first year till sedin moves on then he can slot into one the top 3 centres with horvat and sutter

you see a winger at centre, I see a plethora of depth at centre

1 hour ago, J-23 said:

I know it probably will not happen, but imagine Patrick  on a wing beside Horvat

Patrick - Horvat - Boeser 

As, our 1st line. I would love to see that

I think developing Patrick at centre would be great. A one-two punch of Patrick-Horvat would be nice and I think it could solidify our centre position.

One of Patrick's best assets is his size and strength and we can use that to win faceoffs and create plays.

4 minutes ago, billabong said:

Hes on the wing because we have sedin, horvat and sutter at centre. None of those three will be pushed to the wing in lieu of a rookie centre and playing Patrick as 4th line centre is ludacris.

a natural centre is playing wing in his first year till sedin moves on then he can slot into one the top 3 centres with horvat and sutter

you see a winger at centre, I see a plethora of depth at centre

OK, but we should sometimes put him in at centre to develop his abilities as a centre.

5 hours ago, orcasgonewild said:

NOLAN PATRICK.

I may not be a scout but I have watched him play several times and have done my research on him as well. He plays like RYAN NUGENT-HOPKINS!!!!! Is that really worth a season of drama. 

What do u think? 

I call Bull

1. Where do you live? Brandon? Saskatoon? Swift Current? Cause I highly doubt you have watched a lot of Brandin Weatkings games online. I'm not even sure if you can.

2. Anyone who has watched him play knows he is not RNH. He is an absolute bull. There is nothing even remotely comparable. It's a shockingly bad comparison. 

4 hours ago, appleboy said:

Are you sure this is not a calculated tank. Have you watched the decisions WD makes. Why is our shut down center playing on the right side of the twins? Burrows is playing very well this year but has not had a sniff on their line.  Eriksson was brought in to play with them but is on the third line. 

I get what your saying, but Burrrows is so hot with Bo and Sven he probably doesn't want to mess with it at all. Hansen will go back with the twins and Sutter 3rd line centre. 

6 hours ago, Alflives said:

Hate to break it to you, but WE ARE TANKING.  Sure, it's not on purpose, but we are 28th out of 30.  

I think one nifty trade on Bennings part for a top 6 F and add to that the way this team never quits.... and how crappy the Pacific is.... the playoffs are still not out of the question, particularly if Tanev can come back healthy. 

Honesty this is a very weird year. Vegas expansion would be bad enough to create uncertainty, but add to that the idea that this is a horrible draft year and I can see anything from an insane amount of activity to nothing at the TDL. 

One thing i find a bit strange about the lousy draft theory is this: kids today have an incredible amount of experience and coaching by the time they are 16 or 17. Thats been going on for several year now... so suddenly they all suck this year? I don't really buy it. I think its some kind of McDavid afterglow effecting things, if it wasn't for him this is probably viewed a normal draft year but its not 'good' because there's no guy who's a once in 30 years player? Seems a bit presumptuous to me. We'll see. 

Gotta say With both Tanev and Edler out as well as Hansen there goes 3 of the 5 guys we want out against other teams top line as much as possible. I think tank is inevitable. Overall I really like how well we have hung in there considering. 

Sbisa Stetcher

Hutton Gud

Tryamkin ?????

Is not a NHL top 6 D.

We were a hail Mary to make it to the show to begin with and with that pile of injuries all at once. Probably don't have a choice.

Silver lining if there is one. With no incentive to tank if we pick 1st or 14th at least once were out of it, there should be the incentive to get creative with players ice time and see what we have here.

23 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I call Bull

1. Where do you live? Brandon? Saskatoon? Swift Current? Cause I highly doubt you have watched a lot of Brandin Weatkings games online. I'm not even sure if you can.

2. Anyone who has watched him play knows he is not RNH. He is an absolute bull. There is nothing even remotely comparable. It's a shockingly bad comparison. 

Have you watched much Nolan Patrick? I'm not saying he's not a bull or calling bull or anything just curious?

Archived