The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks Recall D Andrey Pedan

b3.

39 minutes ago, BananaMash said:
43 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

Oh god I hate mobile on this site. Im stuck inside a Labamba quote. All I wanted to do was post about Pedan and now this is happening. Someone please help me, it's scary in here.

Im quoting someone stuck in my quote. Just to see what happens 

8 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I hate getting stuck (on my scooter) in FRIGGIN SNOW.  We should have a "I hate getting stuck in?" Thread:)

4 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Dogsled? 

We have a cat named Alf.  True story!

Her real name is Keetsia. Ukrainian for "the one that purr's." But she was the alpha cat in her brood. Just like Alf  here on CDC?  

Tries to Boss and bitch the other cats around.  But really too small to back it up!  :P   And she sorta looks like him. 

So it stuck...

49 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

At this point, it would be better to see what we have in him at the NHL level, warts and all. Not calling him up and seeing what they have diminishes his value just as much if not more than him coming up and struggling a bit (even if the ultimate plan is to trade him). He needs a chance to show what he can - and can't - do.

Since it doesn't really matter if we lose this season and we are injury riddled right now, now is the right time to stop only taking the safe road and give our young players a real look.

I hear that, but don't know how that gels with Willie's style or mandate. Unfortunately I think its going to take another D injury or 2 before we see Subban. 

Finally Benning  pulls his head out of his  a..........

Pedan is exactly what this team needs.. and has needed for the last 5 years.

Finally a player on our club that will stick up for his team mates and has the skillz to do it properly...

7 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

We have a cat named Alf.  True story!

Her real name is Keetsia. Ukrainian for "the one that purr's." But she was the alpha cat in her brood. Just like Alf  here on CDC?  

Tries to Boss and bitch the other cats around.  But really too small to back it up!  :P   And she sorta looks like him. 

So it stuck...

I don't know Keetsia is a cool name for a cat. 

32 minutes ago, Kokanee king said:

Dress 7d for each game and let the 7th be someone new every 5-10 games. That might be better to watch than Skille for 3-4 minutes a night. 

That's actually what Cooper has done last year for about 30 games - even at times in the playoffs.  They dress 7Ds and play them as Ds - freshness but also in case of in-game injuries or penalties.  It also allowed to increase the minutes of some of their younger more offensive Fs instead of dressing a 4th liner, by giving them additional shifts on that 4th line.  

2 minutes ago, mll said:

That's actually what Cooper has done last year for about 30 games - even at times in the playoffs.  They dress 7Ds and play them as Ds - freshness but also in case of in-game injuries or penalties.  It also allowed to increase the minutes of some of their younger more offensive Fs instead of dressing a 4th liner, by giving them additional shifts on that 4th line.  

I actually don't mind this idea. Hasn't Pedan taken some shifts on the wing before too?

Well beter late than never. We could have used him last game. I'm sure the last game shenanigans and Larsen almost getting killed irritated Benning to the point where he made the call to Utica. 

I remember the last time Pedan played he went after a guy and dropped the gloves as soon as he saw a cheap hit on one of our players. Can't remember the game or the hit. But in any event it will be refreshing if he is in the lineup and does the same thing, i.e. protect and stick up for his teammates.

1 minute ago, wallstreetamigo said:

I actually don't mind this idea. Hasn't Pedan taken some shifts on the wing before too?

He has but Cooper does not play the Ds on the wing.  He plays them at their rightful position.  The 12th spot at F is to give additional shifts to the other 11Fs.  The Ds see their minutes cut back a bit as it's 7Ds and not 6 but they are then fresher through the game. 

3 minutes ago, wallstreetamigo said:

Yes a few times I believe. If Willy is only gonna play guys on the forth line 4 minutes a night then we might as well dress Pedan as a 7th  D so he can take a few shifts on the fourth line and have him in the lineup in case one of the smaller players on the other team wants to pull a "Kadri" or a "Hall"...

1 hour ago, wallstreetamigo said:

At this point, it would be better to see what we have in him at the NHL level, warts and all. Not calling him up and seeing what they have diminishes his value just as much if not more than him coming up and struggling a bit (even if the ultimate plan is to trade him). He needs a chance to show what he can - and can't - do.

Since it doesn't really matter if we lose this season and we are injury riddled right now, now is the right time to stop only taking the safe road and give our young players a real look.

'At this point' they don't have to do anything other than continue to develop him in the A. He's not waiver eligible until the 18/19 season.

Do you like setting yourself up for disappointment?:P

6 minutes ago, J.R. said:

'At this point' they don't have to do anything other than continue to develop him in the A. He's not waiver eligible until the 18/19 season.

Do you like setting yourself up for disappointment?:P

I never said they had to do anything. I said there is no harm at this point in seeing what they have.

I am a Canucks fan. Perpetual disappointment comes with the territory. 

Shoet sighted Canucks fans who fear trying something different to the point that they stop supporting the team is exactly why management clings to the past.

What exactly is the downside in your mind?

4 minutes ago, nux_win said:

Did anybody say "dogsled"?  I'm there... (it's -30 this morning in FSJ - Vancouverites complaining about the weather is hilarious)  GCG!

I remember one night in Saskatchewan a number if years ago that was -48 and they felt the need to tell us that with the windchill it will feel like -50 :P After living in Vancouver tho I have become a complete weather wimp. 

Archived