The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Are the Sedin's "Trade Deadline" Targets?

EdgarM

14 minutes ago, the_impersonator13 said:

It's Botchford so no chance it's true. 

Considering only Carolina has more than $14M in cap space (everyone else is less than $10M) and not so many teams would have a cap dump we'd even want to take back, I'd question just who those teams were and if the Sedins would ever consider even going to them. So yeah, I'm going to need to see a little lot more to back up this claim.

I can say this much about it

the twins are happy here and want to stay but saying that they also want to win now not next year or the year after

so come after christmas break I think they will sit down and either suggest we trade for a player or two to help now or by TDL will want to play for a winner

reason's i say this you can tell last year and this year that both are frustrated and getting more unhappy  so something could happen by TDL or if not and no big moves made by the draft

i think they are great people and should be respected but in reality it is a business

Is it possible to "rent" them at the deadline to a contender?

say a first and prospect plus a couple 2nds.

Then after the play offs we trade the 2nds back for the sedins. 

an agreement would have to be made before hand, but we get assetts, Team doesn't have to worry about 14milliom cap hit next year and we get them back for the start of next season. Win win win 

37 minutes ago, Conscience said:

Is it possible to "rent" them at the deadline to a contender?

say a first and prospect plus a couple 2nds.

Then after the play offs we trade the 2nds back for the sedins. 

an agreement would have to be made before hand, but we get assetts, Team doesn't have to worry about 14milliom cap hit next year and we get them back for the start of next season. Win win win 

Way to many moving parts to be realistic. First off an agreement like that made in advance would likely be  viewed as collusion by the league. So that kills it right there.

But let's say the league was ok with it. You'd have to find a team that could absorb 100% of the Sedins cap hit for the remainder of the year.  Vancouver couldn't retain any of their salary because as soon as you do you're restricted from reaquiring that player for a year.  I doubt there's a single contender that has that space.

Next you need to convince the twins to waive their NMC's. They likely wouldn't consent to it without written assurance that their NMC's stay intact. So you have to do that twice and hope they consent to waive not once, but twice. 

botch also said on the last patcast episode that the Canucks were not willing to deal guddy but we're open to other d. then a week and a half later another gm told him that guddy was now possibly avail for the right price. believed to because of the play of stecher.  either botch is a sports media genuis with his timings or he actually has actual insight.  he was even raving how Willie took him a side and thanked him for asking such good questions during the press conferences.

botch is quite the troll I love him lol. he is funny on the patcast. I would recommend checking out the latest one from the 6th or 7th to get a feel for him.

21 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Sounds like a wannabe Eklund gossip cult, with Blotch and pAtErSoN at the helm.

LOL

its good entertainment. better then tsn ramblings. actually has a positive spin not like tsn negative Nancy 1040.

reminds me of the positivity of our old radio broadcaster. was the bomb. 

It would cost the Canucks trading them off at 50% retained and taking back a bad contract to make it fit for a playoff team. Could really suck for the Canucks payroll because the twins are signed for next year also. All that aside I don't think management would sign off on paying the twins 7 million next year to play for somebody else. Hansen, Miller and Edler or Tanev should be moved for as much as possible this TDL and the twins should be traded the following year.

On 12/9/2016 at 5:28 PM, elvis15 said:

Considering only Carolina has more than $14M in cap space (everyone else is less than $10M) and not so many teams would have a cap dump we'd even want to take back, I'd question just who those teams were and if the Sedins would ever consider even going to them. So yeah, I'm going to need to see a little lot more to back up this claim.

Well, keep in mind contracts are pro-rated, and teams wouldn't necessarily have to take on "14 million" at the deadline. In fact, I'm pretty sure it would only have to be like 7 million. 

They do have another year though, so the team would have to figure out something for next year, but a lot of teams that are going for it don't think about the future. If they won a cup, would it really matter?

EDIT: Example, we trade them to the Bolts because of Stamkos' injury and cap relief, but he comes back first week of the playoffs (as they all do..) and they go on to win a cup. They probably lose Tyler Johnson (RFA though so they could still get something) and Bishop, but does it matter if they win the cup? It's a gamble, yeah, but that's what teams do. For the record though I do think any trade involving them would still involve something like 30% retained at least.

The only way I see the Sedin's going to Montreal is the Canucks would have to take Emelin, and Radulov. 

Montreal would probably want a defenseman as well which means Hutton or Stetcher, which means they have to throw in McCarron, plus picks and/or Juulsen.

Emelin would have to also agree to waive. So I don't think it's Montreal. 

Archived