The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Lightning

-Vintage Canuck-

Watched the game today  (hard avoiding social media or the news for the score) Great game could have had a few more!

How many posts?! What was with the weird face off with Hank not looking? We won a goal challenge? And it's snowing?

4th line comes to life. Bulldog Biega! He played solid. Tough way to capitalize but he deserved to play ahead of Larsen.

Tryamkin wasn't as physical but had a great box out of Boyle who is 6'6" and tough. 

The 4th line came off the ropes and back into contention. Awesome for Megna with great speed and Skille with good size for net presence.

Miller was great but Tampa looked lost without their superstar.

Good set up for tomorrow night.

On 08/12/2016 at 9:36 PM, yes we can nucks said:

Nah... the Jersey game was at 4pm too but there were 13 pages of the PGT... because Canucks lost.  You can search back and see the pattern.

And this ones at 11. It's the early start, where most people have work, picking up kidd, making dinner and other obligations... But I'm sure you mental midgets will find a way to spin it so you can claim your "real fans" compared to the rest of us. With lives.

19 hours ago, alfstonker said:

You must be new here, it takes a lot less than a historic sleight like that to get the lynch mob revved up on these boards. There was pernicious intent involved in posting that now imo.

Well from what I know the Sedins were cool with it and took it in a humorous light so if they are cool than its no biggie

12 hours ago, Davathor said:

And this ones at 11. It's the early start, where most people have work, picking up kidd, making dinner and other obligations... But I'm sure you mental midgets will find a way to spin it so you can claim your "real fans" compared to the rest of us. With lives.

Yeah, mental giant, how long did this one take to reach 11?  The point was how quiet it was after a win vs a loss.  This one only reached 8 pages by midnight.  To compare, the Jersey game which we lost, hit 12 pages on the same night.... or 50% more... and much of it right after the game.  It was also a 4pm game.  Check back and you will see the same pattern.  I rest my case.  

Edit:  And I don't know who you're talking to, but I certainly didn't suggest that somehow those of us who showed up after a game, early or not, win or lose, were 'real fans' compared to you.  I was simply amused by the fact that it was quiet here after a win.

7 hours ago, yes we can nucks said:

Yeah, mental giant, how long did this one take to reach 11?  The point was how quiet it was after a win vs a loss.  This one only reached 8 pages by midnight.  To compare, the Jersey game which we lost, hit 12 pages on the same night.... or 50% more... and much of it right after the game.  It was also a 4pm game.  Check back and you will see the same pattern.  I rest my case.  

Edit:  And I don't know who you're talking to, but I certainly didn't suggest that somehow those of us who showed up after a game, early or not, win or lose, were 'real fans' compared to you.  I was simply amused by the fact that it was quiet here after a win.

Is it more people showing up or more repeat commenters?

Maybe the likes of Wallstreet..., old News, Labamba, Alfs 1+2, JR, et al who tend to reply 20--50 times a thread just don't continue for as long after a win.  Just a theory.

Archived