The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Lightning

-Vintage Canuck-

5 minutes ago, mll said:

Nice win.

When the game is basically won I don't see the need to overplay the Sedins especially at the start of a long road trip.  

Henrik gets 6:30 in the 3rd period for 20min total - was it really necessary to play that much in the 3rd.  Baer/Horvat play 3:30 at EV in the 3rd (total 14:30 for Baer / 17min for Horvat diff being the PK).  Those are the kind of games where you can give some more ice time to the younger players no?

Skille was playing with Sedins in the third. Maybe that's why, trying to get Skille the hatty.

great, Miller lower body injury.

Just now, Jaimito said:

Skille was playing with Sedins in the third. Maybe that's why, trying to get Skille the hatty.

great, Miller lower body injury.

Could have played him on another line.  The Sedins have already played a lot of minutes and there's still a long season ahead.

I also dislike when the Horvat line is going for them to always be the ones to have their minutes scaled back over the other lines.  I find rather little that they played only 3min at EV in the 2nd and 3:30 in the 3rd.  Horvat gets his minutes because of the PK but his line with Baer incl PP is 14:30 over the night.  

14 minutes ago, mll said:

Nice win.

When the game is basically won I don't see the need to overplay the Sedins especially at the start of a long road trip.  

Henrik gets 6:30 in the 3rd period for 20min total - was it really necessary to play that much in the 3rd.  Baer/Horvat play 3:30 at EV in the 3rd (total 14:30 for Baer / 17min for Horvat diff being the PK).  Those are the kind of games where you can give some more ice time to the younger players no?

I think you're more likely to "wear out" the young players than the Sedins.

Most of these young guys aren't even approaching 25 yet. 

Anyhow - not gonna microanalyze WD's ice times.  A night off of that wouldn't hurt.

Megna and Skille got a pair, what in the world is going on.

* credits to Bishop for performing lousy tonight.

Didn't watch the game but let me guess Stamkos was a complete non factor?

Most overrated player imo.

For sure, overrated sitting in the press box. :P

37 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Now I see why Willie likes the 4th line! 

Miller was a beast!

Sedins were great

Horvat line had great chances!

Good win!

That's one of the weird things about hockey. After watching tonight's game you would think Skille and Megna are stars, especially Skille. And you would wonder why those guys weren't getting more ice time.

Skille's goals looked like excellent shots, and he looked fast and strong and handled the puck well. But Skille is pretty much the definition of a "replacement" or "tweener" player -- a guy just on the margin between the AHL and the NHL.

Anyway, it was fun to watch and I hope Skille and Megna can keep it going for a while.

I couldn't watch the game because I'm struggling to stay alive in -34. I think it's pretty clear what has caused the Canucks mediocrity. Global warming. Since it's been -34 the Canucks have out scored their opponent 5-1

IMG_0669.PNG

Archived