The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Lightning

-Vintage Canuck-

7 minutes ago, petmar74 said:

So on to Blue Jacket territory . Win streak is on. Road team keeps rolling. Right through Winnipeg. Twice? Good stuff.

Win streak of one?  

It's incredible but the pattern for W/L since Nov. 7 (about a month) has been L, W, L, W, L, W, L, W, L, W, W, L, W, L, W.  

The pattern has only been broken once in a month when we won 2 in a row!  Here's hoping we do it again tomorrow.

33 minutes ago, mll said:

Nice win.

When the game is basically won I don't see the need to overplay the Sedins especially at the start of a long road trip.  

Henrik gets 6:30 in the 3rd period for 20min total - was it really necessary to play that much in the 3rd.  Baer/Horvat play 3:30 at EV in the 3rd (total 14:30 for Baer / 17min for Horvat diff being the PK).  Those are the kind of games where you can give some more ice time to the younger players no?

Totally agree.  Long trip and long season.  3 goal lead you should back off on your top players and let the supporting cast carry the game. 

The announcers on 1040, prior to the third, were saying what a great opportunity for WD  to rest the Sedins and top minute D-men...Disappointed WD didn't adjust his ice times based on the situations but it's not a surprise.  He really does seem to coach with blinders on sometimes.

3 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I couldn't watch the game because I'm struggling to stay alive in -34. I think it's pretty clear what has caused the Canucks mediocrity. Global warming. Since it's been -34 the Canucks have out scored their opponent 5-1

IMG_0669.PNG

Holy crap! That's not coming our way, is it? (Edmonton) We're only -23 and Whitecourt is not that far from here.

4 minutes ago, DIBdaQUIB said:

Totally agree.  Long trip and long season.  3 goal lead you should back off on your top players and let the supporting cast carry the game. 

The announcers on 1040, prior to the third, were saying what a great opportunity for WD  to rest the Sedins and top minute D-men...Disappointed WD didn't adjust his ice times based on the situations but it's not a surprise.  He really does seem to coach with blinders on sometimes.

Top minute D-men are resting :) 

49 minutes ago, Jaimito said:

nux could have gotten more, Hutton and Sutter hit posts

'Could have gotten more', seriously?

Vancouver won and that is great, but let's not kid ourselves that we dominated the Lightning.  We played ok tonight and everything went Vanouver's way. Three of the most unlikely to score a goal and two of them had two.  

10 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

I couldn't watch the game because I'm struggling to stay alive in -34. I think it's pretty clear what has caused the Canucks mediocrity. Global warming. Since it's been -34 the Canucks have out scored their opponent 5-1

IMG_0669.PNG

Geesus, that type of negativity explains everything. ;)

2 minutes ago, JAY JAY said:

Missed the last two periods.

Way to go boys!

Listened to 1040 for awhile, I think some CDC haters call in to the after show.

Canucks win 5 -1 and someone is still bitchin'.

after a win

people on here wanting to micromanage the minutes the coach gave players

and need to complain about it

i think wd has a pretty good idea who is fresh or not

and who is playing well or not

7 minutes ago, yes we can nucks said:

Win streak of one?  

It's incredible but the pattern for W/L since Nov. 7 (about a month) has been L, W, L, W, L, W, L, W, L, W, W, L, W, L, W.  

The pattern has only been broken once in a month when we won 2 in a row!  Here's hoping we do it again tomorrow.

So win streak is on!  

15 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

IMG_0669.PNG

I'm outside from 7am to 7pm most days

i have 1000$ worth of helly Hansen.on.

but that $&!#.  Works.

17 minutes ago, LaBamba said:

IMG_0669.PNG

Where are you?

13 minutes ago, X-PatLostInEdm said:

Holy crap! That's not coming our way, is it? (Edmonton) We're only -23 and Whitecourt is not that far from here.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Crossbar said:

Geesus, that type of negativity explains everything. ;)

I just tried to pull the slip tank hose out from the box of my truck to fill it up and I broke the hose in half. 

Archived