The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks @ Lightning

-Vintage Canuck-

Good game by the Nuks, great to see tonight and last few games that the defence adding much needed offensive support. In last 5 games from 13 goals, only 3 have been without a defensemen getting a point. Without the superstars we need that.

42 minutes ago, alfstonker said:

Combover, Alf, Phil, Silent Sam, Creepy Crawler and their buddies are holding a wake in Phil's garden. :lol:

They are crowdfunding a petition to have the game replayed as they deemed Willie's moustache didn't conform to NHL regulations.

You missed the surrey royalty guy. 

Nice game for Skille, Megna and that writeoff Gudbranson. (sarcasm)! The big deal for me was Biega's play. Very solid game. At a year older than Larsen he is a more effective player IMHO. Should have had a 2nd assist and arguably a goal. I have not been harping for games from Biega as I thought Benning had to get a read on Larsen. I suspect his opportunity in Vancouver is likely done. Biega finishes this road trip like last night and he gets his spot.

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

Fire WD for having Megna out at the end of last game terrible coach is terribad mega will never score.

Exactly, could you imagine the whiners on here if he hadn't scored? These guys live on copious rations of hindsight and unbelievably still manage to screw up.

10 hours ago, JamesB said:

That's one of the weird things about hockey. After watching tonight's game you would think Skille and Megna are stars, especially Skille. And you would wonder why those guys weren't getting more ice time.

Skille's goals looked like excellent shots, and he looked fast and strong and handled the puck well. But Skille is pretty much the definition of a "replacement" or "tweener" player -- a guy just on the margin between the AHL and the NHL.

Anyway, it was fun to watch and I hope Skille and Megna can keep it going for a while.

Great if Skille can contribute on a regular bases...could be one of the missing pieces. I was thinking awhile back that if one or two of the players (Megna, Skille, Chaput) can break out and realise their potential, then play like beasts the rest of the way (similar to Bert when he came into his own), then this team could take off.

However, that is crazy thinking because WD would play Sedins more to get them going rather than playing the players who are producing.

Good to see Skille and Megna produce, but this would not have happened if Miller didn't steal the game like he did...Last two games (Toronto, Tampa), he has been a wall and has stole the game; this is what $6M should get you on a regular bases.

The radio broadcast of the game was a great. The broadcasters were high on the moment. I hope they carry this momentum into Saturday's game and keep rolling. If December is a success, they will be in the hunt and could surprise. It will come down to three things: the bottom 6 outperforming, an additional goal scorer, and the PP.   

The team is no longer "stale" with the current roster--all of these guys but for a few NMC or NTC vets are motivated as hell. Wish I had chosen this year for my Florida road swing...

8 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

1) Sedins looked lethal out there with Sutter tonight, that defence really struggled and aren't a very good defending team. Sedins hopefully picking up their play a bit now.

2) Horvat and Baertschi and Burrows with plenty of chances again, could have had a couple of goals. No need to worry about them. Brilliant PKing by Burrows and Horvat too.

3) Erikssson a bit reluctant to shoot tonight, he passed up 2 A-grade chances to shoot and passed it which nullified the scoring chance. Hope he gets his confidence back because he should be burrying them. Granlund had some nice little plays but the trio were very quiet tonight against a weak defence. Not great but Loui was fantastic on the PK and constantly contributing to this team in more ways than one.

4) Fourth line wins us the game of course, Skille showing us he has a lot to contribute, wouldn't mind seeing that shot and power with the twins at some point. Nice goals by Megna too albeit he was handed them - Skille's were far more impressive. They did well tonight.

5) Stecher didn't have a strong game offensively for the first time but great defensive stick all night long and shutdown some very good forwards. Sbisa the same. 

6) Hutton and Gudbranson had a pretty good game, one of their best complete games in a while. They shutdown some good scorers again and didn't make too many mistakes but did let up a lot of shots.

7) Tryamkin struggled a little bit and didn't play too physically tonight, his play is slowly slipping but not costing us yet. Biega had a very good game and really checked hard all night long.

8) Obviously Miller's best game of the year and he is really catching fire now with a couple massive games, similar to how Luongo used to carry this team in 2007. Hopefuly it's a minor strain/injury and he's not out long-term just as he's getting good.

On the whole, we played very well but defensively can't keep giving up this many shots. The offence is coming through but man do we miss Edler and Tanev.

what game are you talking about

Archived