The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are you listening to...Seasonal

ShakyWalton

I like Christmas.  But I dunno,. Christmas music, maybe because it starts in places like Starbucks waaaaaaay to early, not that I'm into Starbucks much, but yeah, Christmas music kinda grates on me.....

the missus and the kids like it.  I like listening to the kids sing it but if I was given the choice id just listen to the music I normally do maybe with a little less metal in the mix.

4 minutes ago, riffraff said:

I like Christmas.  But I dunno,. Christmas music, maybe because it starts in places like Starbucks waaaaaaay to early, not that I'm into Starbucks much, but yeah, Christmas music kinda grates on me.....

the missus and the kids like it.  I like listening to the kids sing it but if I was given the choice id just listen to the music I normally do maybe with a little less metal in the mix.

I was in radio for 20 years..you think you got sick of it..everyday from Dec1st on...constantly........but it is nice to catch the feel of the season as long as it isnt overkill... and people do like it.

2 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I was in radio for 20 years..you think you got sick of it..everyday from Dec1st on...constantly........but it is nice to catch the feel of the season as long as it isnt overkill... and people do like it.

Oh man. I'll think of you next time I cringe to "jingle bell rock"

18 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

You must have checked this website out before eh Mike. Do you post there ever?

It's great for local radio history, a guy like you could get lost for hours in the old pages.

http://www.pugetsoundradio.com/

18 hours ago, riffraff said:

The solution:

3 hours ago, Salmonberries said:

You must have checked this website out before eh Mike. Do you post there ever?

It's great for local radio history, a guy like you could get lost for hours in the old pages.

http://www.pugetsoundradio.com/

I have seen that site, but forgot about it till now..thanks for bringing it back to my attention.I will check it out.

9 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

I have seen that site, but forgot about it till now..thanks for bringing it back to my attention.I will check it out.

I forget about it too, but any time I'm searching for info about local broadcasting history I seem to find it there. It's too bad they don't seem to have a search function there but they have a bunch of cool info there if you look for it. You might even find mention of yourself!

14 hours ago, ShakyWalton said:

Soime of the comments at that website, the member's posts under the articles, are pure gold. Stuff I had forgotten like old radio jingles from the sixties are remembered there. It's very cool to find people that remember that stuff.

'Broadway Credit Clothiers -- fifty short paces west of Main'!

41 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Soime of the comments at that website, the member's posts under the articles, are pure gold. Stuff I had forgotten like old radio jingles from the sixties are remembered there. It's very cool to find people that remember that stuff.

'Broadway Credit Clothiers -- fifty short paces west of Main'!

and $1.47 day...Tuesday.....just a wisk from Wosks...lol...it is a well put together site..some cool things....and some people I worked with..lol..one article I was reading was about Bill and Bill on CJCA Edmonton...I worked with them back in the day..spent 8 years on air in Edmonton.

Archived