The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

'Days of Our Lives' Star Joseph Mascolo Dead at 87

fivethej

True legend and greatest villain of all-time in daytime. RIP Stefano DiMera.

http://www.etonline.com/tv/204699_days_of_our_lives_star_joseph_mascolo_dead_at_87/

Soap opera icon Joseph Mascolo died on Thursday after a long battle with Alzheimer's disease.

Mascolo was best known for playing villain Stefano DiMera on the long-running soap Days of Our Lives. Mascolo joined the show in 1982, and played the role up until the character's death earlier this year.

"It is with great sorrow that we share the news of the passing of our dear friend and beloved member of the Days of our Lives family, Joseph Mascolo," the show's Executive Producer, Ken Corday, said in a statement to Soap Opera Digest. "The smile on Joe's face is something we'd all come to find comfort in, and he will be sorely missed. His larger than life presence, kind heart, and unwavering positivity has impacted us all for decades, and will live on in the memories of his many fans. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family during this difficult time."

Aside from Mascolo's iconic work on Days of Our Lives, he also had recurring roles on The Bold and the Beautiful and General Hospital. But he will be most remembered for playing DiMera, a villainous business tycoon.

The show's official Twitter account posted about Mascolo's death on Friday.

"#DAYS actor, Joseph Mascolo, has passed away at the age of 87. Our hearts are with his family," the tweet reads

1 minute ago, HowYaDrouin said:

Not being disrespectful to the dead but these death threads are getting out of hand. Not every single person that dies should get a thread.

RIP though.

Like sands thru the hourglass, these are the threads of this site..

Ashes to ashes, like dust in the wind

Stones in glass houses, surely all'us have sinned

1 hour ago, HowYaDrouin said:

Not being disrespectful to the dead but these death threads are getting out of hand. Not every single person that dies should get a thread.

RIP though.

If it bothers you enough to make a douchey post in response, just stop clicking on them instead of being an as*hat.  It's not as if the titles on the death threads are so sneaky that you click on them expecting to read something else entirely.

I had no idea who the heck this guy was and will forget his name within the next few minutes, but it wasn't an inconvenience for me to click on the thread.  I easily could have gone the other way and ignored it.  Maybe you should consider the latter action for yourself next time instead of making an attempt to control what others choose to post.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

If it bothers you enough to make a douchey post in response, just stop clicking on them instead of being an as*hat.  It's not as if the titles on the death threads are so sneaky that you click on them expecting to read something else entirely.

I had no idea who the heck this guy was and will forget his name within the next few minutes, but it wasn't an inconvenience for me to click on the thread.  I easily could have gone the other way and ignored it.  Maybe you should consider the latter action for yourself next time instead of making an attempt to control what others choose to post.

Why was what I posted douchey ? 

Probably as nice as I could be while stating my point.

1 hour ago, SabreFan1 said:

2 minutes ago, HowYaDrouin said:

Exactly. I was going to just say, "Who?"

1 hour ago, Monty said:

Exactly. I was going to just say, "Who?"

It's the overall sentiment of this having been said, 

these death threads are getting out of hand.  Not every single person that dies should get a thread.

By basically telling that they should post what you or I think is important on/in an open general off-topic forum is in a word, douchy.  It's not the end of the world, it's just irritating when people on CDC want to play opinion/thought police.

I think that the deaths of Muhammed Ali, John Glenn, Prince, David Bowie, and over 95% of the rest of 2016's celebrity deaths are more pertinent than that of a very old soap actor's demise, but the OP may have the exact opposite opinion and I respect that.

He/She was most likely expecting negativity because it's obvious that the OP felt the need to use an alt account.

44 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

It's the overall sentiment of this having been said, 

By basically telling that they should post what you or I think is important on/in an open general off-topic forum is in a word, douchy.  It's not the end of the world, it's just irritating when people on CDC want to play opinion/thought police.

I think that the deaths of Muhammed Ali, John Glenn, Prince, David Bowie, and over 95% of the rest of 2016's celebrity deaths are more pertinent than that of a very old soap actor's demise, but the OP may have the exact opposite opinion and I respect that.

He/She was most likely expecting negativity because it's obvious that the OP felt the need to use an alt account.

To say I'm a douche though ? I think you are more of a douche for throwing around the word douche where it doesn't fit.

To say I'm a douche though ? I think you are more of a douche for throwing around the word douche where it doesn't fit.

I never called you a douche.  With this response, a sensitive little princess whose feelings are easily hurt, but not a douche.

10 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

I loved this guy. He was the King of the soaps back in the day. Of course the kids on here don't know who the heck he is. But I can tell you for anyone over the age of 40 "Stefano" is/was a soap opera legend...

RIP my Italian friend...

I'm over 40 and I have no idea who he is.  The only time that I remember watching Soap Operas is when I was a kid and had Chicken Pox.  I stayed at my grandmother's house until I was better and she loved watching them.

19 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

I'm over 40 and I have no idea who he is.  The only time that I remember watching Soap Operas is when I was a kid and had Chicken Pox.  I stayed at my grandmother's house until I was better and she loved watching them.

Your girlfriends never forced you to watch soaps?  Consider yourself lucky, I wasn't as fortunate...  :(

13 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

I never called you a douche.  With this response, a sensitive little princess whose feelings are easily hurt, but not a douche.

Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine. I wager you're made fun of in school and turn into a internet bully.

Don't let them get to you little guy, you will be alright!

1 minute ago, HowYaDrouin said:

Well, aren't you a ray of sunshine. I wager you're made fun of in school and turn into a internet bully.

Don't let them get to you little guy, you will be alright!

I'm in my early 40's sparky.  Fortunately I'm not a part of your coddled and clueless generation.

2 hours ago, Harvey Spector said:

Your girlfriends never forced you to watch soaps?  Consider yourself lucky, I wasn't as fortunate...  :(

Good God no.  They wouldn't have stayed my gf for long if they tried to.  I was a jock in high school.  Most of my free time was taken up by organized practices and pick-up games.

2 minutes ago, HowYaDrouin said:

I expect alot more from a guy of your age.

Set a better example for the word "Douche" or you become one.

You're so butthurt and want to save face on an internet forum, that you just can't accept the fact that you would have been better served by having stayed away from the reply button to begin with.

Archived