The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks recall goalie Thatcher Demko

JV77

1 minute ago, luckylager said:

I hope he gets a game or two.

55 shot shutout in his debut! (Fingers crossed)

I agree let the kid play.  I always think adjusting as a goalie from the AHL to NHL shouldn't be that different.  Doesn't have to worry about size, speed, and physicality of the NHL game like forwards or defensemen.

Just now, JV77 said:

I agree let the kid play.  I always think adjusting as a goalie from the AHL to NHL shouldn't be that different.  Doesn't have to worry about size, speed, and physicality of the NHL game like forwards or defensemen.

I think speed and skill of players is to a much higher degree as well as the quality of shots from elite-level snipers. Passing could be much crisper as well, making lateral movement and the ability to follow the puck really crucial. That said, goaltenders who dominate in the AHL can often translate to at least some degree of NHL success and Demko has been dominant lately in Utica.

4 minutes ago, JV77 said:

The speed of shots and speed of play will be an adjustment, but he's our Carey Price and won't have any problems!

(What Homer glasses? Pipe down...)

Archived