The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT: Around the NHL Week of December (12-16) 2016

6 minutes ago, Green Building said:

Vlasic gives a shot to Karlsson, no call with the ref looking right at it, then same shift Kyle Turris drops the gloves with Vlasic and ends up with the 2 minute instigator, 5 for fighting, and a 10 minute misconduct.

Jesus. 

Since when does fighting come with a 10 minute misconduct?

Stupid zebras.

1 minute ago, DeNiro said:

Since when does fighting come with a 10 minute misconduct?

Stupid zebras.

The only thing I can think of is that one of his teammates came off the ice and Turris skated right to Vlasic at the blueline, roughed him, and dropped the gloves to wrestle with him. How that equals a 10 is beyond me, unless he was yapping an extraordinary amount. Even still, pretty weak.

Shawn Mckenzie:

"Your goal was a highlight reel one, when you decide and commit to jump up into the play like that do you have to see a lane there, or what do you have to see to make that decision"

Brent Burns:

"I don't know... I don't know... I just, It was a great play by Dilly and uh... I don't know... it happened to work, I don't know"

Shawn Mckenzie:

"Brent thank you for this"

Brent Burns:

"Yeah thank you, suit looks nice"

:lol:

It's nice not hearing cliches over and over again. 

On 2016-12-13 at 1:23 AM, Butters Stoch said:

Always nice to see Marchand get hit. Of course he had to do some ratty sh** right after that 

He should get suspended for that slew foot crap.  It looked to me like he tried to cut the calf of the other player by taking his skate blade across the Achilles.  Very dirty indeed.

Here are the rosters for the 2017 Centennial Classic Alumni Game.

Toronto Maple Leafs

Forwards
Darryl Sittler, Doug Gilmour, Rick Vaive, Darcy Tucker, Wendel Clark, Lanny McDonald, Gary Roberts, Dave Andreychuk, Tiger Williams, Tie Domi, Steve Thomas, Gary Leeman, Mats Sundin

Defense
Tomas Kaberle, Dave Ellett, Bryan McCabe, Borje Salming, Dmitri Yushkevich, Al Iafrate, Bob McGill

Goalies
Curtis Joseph, Felix Potvin, Mike Palmateer

Detroit Red Wings

Forwards
Kris Draper, Dino Ciccarelli, Martin Lapointe, Doug Brown, Sergei Fedorov, Slava Kozlov, Brendan Shanahan, Tomas Holmstrom, Mickey Redmond, Darren McCarty, Igor Larionov, Kirk Maltby, Joe Kocur, Steve Yzerman

Defense
Nicklas Lidstrom, Larry Murphy, Chris Chelios, Jiri Fischer, Paul Coffey, Mathieu Dandenault

Goalies
Manny Legace, Kevin Hodson

Bob McKenzie has called out Florida Panthers beat writer Harvey Fialkov for calling into question Darren Dreger's reporting on the Panthers ongoing organizational turmoil.

"All due respect to Harvey (Fialkov) or not, Harvey’s full of crap. It’s as simple as that....

"As far as what Darren Dreger reported yesterday, it was entirely accurate. After we report things, sometimes things change. But we don’t make stuff up. Pierre Lebrun doesn’t. Darren Dreger doesn’t. I don’t. Elliotte Friedman at Hockey Night in Canada doesn’t. It’s as simple as that.

"So many people on Twitter who know nothing about what’s going on with the Florida Panthers are weighing in like they know something. And hey, in fairness, people from the Florida Panthers are saying nothing’s changed. And that’s fine, but you know what? They said nothing changed when Dale Tallon got promoted, and it did change. Let’s not kid anybody."

Archived